1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
[28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: My wife's interior (That sounds bad doesn't it? )  (Read 7433 times)

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
My wife's interior (That sounds bad doesn't it? )
« on: June 29, 2008, 10:47:42 PM »
Ok, it pains me to post these of my wife's car. I thought I had her to a point where she appreciated the work I put in her car and my truck.

So this is the kid mobile.   

The inside was a wreck.  Spills everywhere, just overall dirty inside.   Based on Hwm3's posts with Folex, I had to try it out.  I have used TuffSTuff and APC+ for carpets in the past and currently, but I wanted to see for myself.

Vac'ed up stuff, dog hair, french fires, chicken nuggets etc
Carpets, Folex
Poorboys NLD, EVERYWHERE
Leather LCP on the leather

These are not the best photos.

I have no idea how much crap this is

Dude, this is terrible

only a few afters to show the Folex power. Again, Hwm3, this is good stuff, thanks for the tip on this, I never would have tried it.

ahhh clean again

whoops, how'd that photo get in there?  This was our dinner tonight.  A couple of Kansas Pheasants and some grilled corn.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 10:50:01 PM by rollingrock »
Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
Re: My wife's interior (That sounds bad doesn't it? )
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 11:01:18 PM »
I'll reply to my own topic, LOU-ZER.....I know.

But I wanted to add, I recently bought my daughter a Kodak camera from www.woot.com, it was only 55.00, and these photos were taken as my test shots. I have to say, for 65 bucks total (including shipping) its just as good as my Canons.  I bought that little Kodak for my daughter she loves to take photos. 

If you haven't checked out Woot....all they do is offer one product per day for sale...most of the time you dno't want them but from time to time you may find something that is a sweet deal. 

Cheers

RR

Offline Stealth

• Charter Member
  • Rookie
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 12:35:28 AM »
Wow, nice results. My wife's car's interior is just as nasty, it's the kid hauler too. I'll have to get some of that stuff and give it a try. Maybe it'll pay off.  ;D

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 12:43:36 AM »
Wow, nice results. My wife's car's interior is just as nasty, it's the kid hauler too. I'll have to get some of that stuff and give it a try. Maybe it'll pay off.  ;D

Hwm3 will need to chime in and tell you how he has used the product, I did it just by using the "stream" spray head and rubbing it in per the directions...used an old MF to soak it up.  The product seamed to "dissolve or melt" away the stains.  It was was strange to see them just kind of go away.     I was pretty impressed....scratch that, I was very impressed.  More pissed I didn't know about this product before. 

Are you working nights right now? 

Offline Stealth

• Charter Member
  • Rookie
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 01:01:45 AM »

Hwm3 will need to chime in and tell you how he has used the product, I did it just by using the "stream" spray head and rubbing it in per the directions...used an old MF to soak it up.  The product seamed to "dissolve or melt" away the stains.  It was was strange to see them just kind of go away.     I was pretty impressed....scratch that, I was very impressed.  More pissed I didn't know about this product before. 

Are you working nights right now? 

Not right now, this is my day off. I usually get home from work this time of night though, and it usually takes me a couple of hours to unwind before I hit the sack. A few beers usually does the trick.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 01:04:59 AM »
I use bourbon and coke zero.....    :danger:

Offline Stealth

• Charter Member
  • Rookie
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 01:07:27 AM »
Is that the devil too?   ;D

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2008, 06:13:17 AM »
RR,

OK, where does one fine this wonderous Folex product?

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 08:30:13 AM »
RR,

I picked it up at Lowes in the cleaner section after Hwm3 told me it was there.  I bet I have walked by it 200 times and never gave it a second glance.    They do sell it by the gallon...found a bottle with spray head for 4 bucks I think.   Check it out.  Hopefully Hwm3 will see this and give you the low down on how he has used it.  I like to hear his info b/c some of the autos he is working on are pretty beat on.    His results are impressive.

Offline DnD Auto Detailing

• Professional Detailer
    • D&D Auto Detailing
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2008, 11:07:34 AM »
Remember to extract the cleaner from the carpet, or the carpet will be more prone to soiling.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2008, 11:11:23 AM »
Remember to extract the cleaner from the carpet, or the carpet will be more prone to soiling.

Dan I know this to be true for most cleaners but Folex says it won't dry to attract more dirt later.  That being said, I used old MF's to get all I could out...should I have wetvac it too? 

Offline hwm3

• Café Moderator
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2008, 12:19:39 PM »
RR,

I picked it up at Lowes in the cleaner section after Hwm3 told me it was there.  I bet I have walked by it 200 times and never gave it a second glance.    They do sell it by the gallon...found a bottle with spray head for 4 bucks I think.   Check it out.  Hopefully Hwm3 will see this and give you the low down on how he has used it.  I like to hear his info b/c some of the autos he is working on are pretty beat on.    His results are impressive.

Thanks RR. I have used it the same way you did, just as the instructions on the bottle say. I can't take credit for finding it though, it's something I picked up on from Autopia. Works pretty well for those of us without an extractor.

Another thing I picked up over there is Woolite 8:1 to clean the plastic and vinyl in the interior. I've only used it once, but it seemed to work well on the pretty dirty 3/4 ton Dodge I did Friday. I'll be using it again tomorrow on a Durango.  :thumbsiup:

Offline DnD Auto Detailing

• Professional Detailer
    • D&D Auto Detailing
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2008, 12:26:37 PM »

Dan I know this to be true for most cleaners but Folex says it won't dry to attract more dirt later.  That being said, I used old MF's to get all I could out...should I have wetvac it too? 

I would probably put some hot water in a spray bottle, spray it on and use a wet vac. See if you get anything out.

Offline Zaairman

• Charter Member
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2008, 06:40:24 PM »
Looks good RR.  I wish I would have taken some pics of the Cavi's interior before I got started on it... Old owner had a white dog (even though I never saw/heard it), an addiction to sunflower seeds & Mountain Dew, and I'm pretty sure he spilled a gallon of dark soda in the front passenger seat area and rear passenger side seat. 
2000 Ford F-250 7.3 Powerstroke 4x4. 
- Nowhere near stock
1997 Chevy Cavalier "Type R"
- $350 race car
1973 Tahiti 16' Sidewinder

* Recent Photos

Views: 4
By: GreyMichFX4

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards