April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
[28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: ALL PAINT SELANTS: LIST WITH COMMENTS.  (Read 12386 times)

Offline tdr6874

• Professional Detailer
Re: ALL PAINT SELANTS: LIST WITH COMMENTS.
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2008, 06:38:45 AM »
going to be a debbie downer on this one too....

all of the other mentioned above had a sales pitch that sounded just like this stuff also

:check:

Offline Ausstar

• Professional Detailer
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2008, 12:21:59 AM »
hey guys
sorry for delay, I have been busy.

No its not Optimum

and to answer other q's:

The product does not come off unless you wet sand it down. By this you can assume it soaks into multiple layers of clear coat. So to remove you would have to remove a good amount of clear, much more than polishing would ever do. Now, if you just sat there and spun with a wool pad on a rota then you may remove it too but why would you.

Ill elaborate on my previous stated point. This, so far is showing 20-40% scratch resistance so it wont spider as badly and if washed the right way I am confident you may not need more than one maybe 2 minor corrections per year! (based on results of a black BMW) Point being, YOU CAN POLISH AND NOT REMOVE THE WARRANTED PROTECTION OR GLOSS!!! Thats what is getting me about this stuff.

One car I have had it on for over 1 year and it still keeps smiling. I wet sanded this particular car and the water is still beeding and gloss is still strong as day one. Minor hairlines I removed with Ultrafina only 6 months later and that was badly car washed!!! But again thats on flat black and to a client that wants perfection. On a metallic car or lighter coloured it wont come up.

Hope I can answer more q's and lets get more info on other sealer info.

Cheers fellas.

C

Offline tdr6874

• Professional Detailer
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2008, 07:14:59 AM »

The product does not come off unless you wet sand it down. By this you can assume it soaks into multiple layers of clear coat.

now you really got me raising and waving the bs flag....sorry but clear is not a sponge, and to claim to have a chemical that will merge or soak in and meld with clear and now become the clear making it harder to scratch...all while not making the clear coat milky or distorted....ehhh....not buying it

could be wrong but i did see this stuff for sale one night...billy mays was setting it on fire, spray painting it, and putting acid that will melt metal before your eyes on this stuff...it was unreal

:gl: on the sales

Offline Ausstar

• Professional Detailer
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2008, 10:49:38 AM »

The product does not come off unless you wet sand it down. By this you can assume it soaks into multiple layers of clear coat.

now you really got me raising and waving the bs flag....sorry but clear is not a sponge, and to claim to have a chemical that will merge or soak in and meld with clear and now become the clear making it harder to scratch...all while not making the clear coat milky or distorted....ehhh....not buying it could be wrong but i did see this stuff for sale one night...billy mays was setting it on fire, spray painting it, and putting acid that will melt metal before your eyes on this stuff...it was unreal

:gl: on the sales

Thats what it does. It binds with the fibers of the paint and produces a ceramic hard coat. I know I know.... some other products claim the same performance, but this one is the real deal.

calling BS on something that has a lifetime warranty is kind of pointless. But skepticism is welcome.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Offline tdr6874

• Professional Detailer
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2008, 10:18:43 AM »
what ever happed to this secret formula stuff????

Offline Les22

• Café Member
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2008, 02:45:09 PM »
it failed his Billy Mays scratch test with the key  :laugh:

* Recent Photos

IMG_9026.JPG

Views: 4
By: Rollingrock

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal