Auto Detailing 101 > Start Here

Detailing Hand Book

(1/4) > >>

Rollingrock:
The hand book is here!  We recommend that you spend a few min and read this document before posting your questions.  Most of the basic questions will be answered in the Hand Book.

We'd like to thank F150online member F150sport03 for putting this together.  

Thanks also to Rockpick, Gip and others for their contributions.  One thing we'll do is totally revise this document with updated information.  

Cheers

abervintageman42:
did you write all that ?! nice write up though

FireFighter:
Nope. I did.

Thanks for the kudos!

FWIW... its getting revised...slowly and surely.

abervintageman42:
okay so do you think that using scratch-x with a cheapo orbital buffer on a microfiber bonnet would cause more swirls or would it be more effective than by hand?

05_sprcrw:

--- Quote from: abervintageman42 on July 09, 2008, 10:34:57 PM ---okay so do you think that using scratch-x with a cheapo orbital buffer on a microfiber bonnet would cause more swirls or would it be more effective than by hand?

--- End quote ---

The cheapo buffer wont do anything more then your hand would be able to do. I say invest that money in some good applicators and microfiber towels to remove the product with. I have used scratch x by hand its a little bit of work but it will warrant some good results if you stick with it. There are some youtube videos you can check out to show you how to properly work the polish to its maximum ability. Either way, I would definitely stay away from the cheapo buffer, it wont do anything for you and odds are if the microfiber bonnets are not of quality microfiber they will induce more problems then correct.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version