1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: Meet my little girl  (Read 5262 times)

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
Meet my little girl
« on: July 04, 2023, 03:35:52 PM »
Little Maddie (Madelyn River) will be two months old tomorrow.  Fastest two months ever.  It’s been fun watching her grow and her personality start to develop.  Her facial expressions are priceless. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: July 04, 2023, 03:37:27 PM by Kitzy »
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
Re: Meet my little girl
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2023, 03:37:01 PM »

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2023, 05:49:53 PM »
So cute! I hope you guys are settling into a groove.

2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2023, 05:21:47 AM »
Cute! And it will just keep getting better and better!

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2023, 09:21:01 AM »
Pretty awesome Mike, all three look happy!

this is going to be fun to watch !! 
Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2023, 10:48:34 AM »
Thanks guy!

Maddie has her own groove.  She does what she wants, when she wants.  The hardest thing, besides the obvious constant attention, has been trying to get her down at a reasonable hour at night.  No matter what time we wake her up or keep her up or how active she’s been all day, 11pm seems to be her bed time without fail. 

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2023, 06:14:55 PM »
Buried with work and look what happens in a month.

Congrats Mike, awesome news you guys have.

Steve

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2023, 06:38:48 PM »

Thanks! 

So we are struggling with her torticollis. It’s two steps forward and one step back.  We make progress and the mb she regresses.  So she’s behind right now on holding her own head up because her neck is weak with limited movement.  Basically she only has a very short range of motion to one side with full range of motion to the other.  We will get her there but it’s very frustrating. 

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2023, 06:17:54 AM »

Thanks! 

So we are struggling with her torticollis. It’s two steps forward and one step back.  We make progress and the mb she regresses.  So she’s behind right now on holding her own head up because her neck is weak with limited movement.  Basically she only has a very short range of motion to one side with full range of motion to the other.  We will get her there but it’s very frustrating. 

Don't worry Mike. Most kids have some kind of challenge. Our 19-month-old grandson still isn't even crawling. (He rolls around really good though!) Lots of love and the right medical care will do wonders.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2023, 07:26:55 AM »

Thanks! 

Don't worry Mike. Most kids have some kind of challenge. Our 19-month-old grandson still isn't even crawling. (He rolls around really good though!) Lots of love and the right medical care will do wonders.
Tom, is there an issue causing him not to be able to crawl yet? 

We tried to get in-home therapy.  We had people come out to do an evaluation of Maddie to see if it was warranted but she failed that evaluation with flying colors, which is a good thing.  She has made a lot of progress and continues to do so.  She still favors looking to the left and is a bit behind in holding her head up on her own but she is way more active, alert and vocal than other babies her age.  She follows things really well and she notices people when they enter a room or her peripheral vision. 

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2023, 05:06:45 PM »
Maddie just turned 4 months on Sunday.  She’s such a happy baby.  ALWAYS smiling and laughing.  Cassie noticed something with her legs the other day and brought it up to the doctors at her 4 month check up and shots today.  Turns out one leg is significantly longer than the others so now we need to take her to an Ortho and have another physical therapy evaluation done. 

She got her first popsicle today.  Hard to suck on it when you’re too busy laughing and smiling because of it.  So t mind her hair.  It’s out of control and that one side just does what it wants regardless of what we do. 

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2023, 05:58:23 AM »
Cute! When are you going to let her drive her own ATV? And then there's dating ...

So, are you enjoying fatherhood?  :om:

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2023, 06:36:51 AM »
Cute! When are you going to let her drive her own ATV? And then there's dating ...

It’s exhausting.  By bedtime I can’t wait to go to sleep and go to work to get a break.  As soon as I’m at work I can’t wait to get home to play with her. 

Cassie has already priced small ATVs.  She will get her start on the powerwheels and we will go from there.  If she can handle those then a little ATV shouldn’t be a problem.  Just gotta get her crawling and walking first.  Haha.  Which unfortunately with her leg issues there may be a set back to that.  She goes to Ortho next Thursday. 

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2023, 02:07:58 PM »

It’s exhausting.  By bedtime I can’t wait to go to sleep and go to work to get a break.  As soon as I’m at work I can’t wait to get home to play with her. 

Cassie has already priced small ATVs.  She will get her start on the powerwheels and we will go from there.  If she can handle those then a little ATV shouldn’t be a problem.  Just gotta get her crawling and walking first.  Haha.  Which unfortunately with her leg issues there may be a set back to that.  She goes to Ortho next Thursday. 

I know exactly how you feel. We watch our 20-month-old grandson 2 days a week - with overnights each time - and as much as I love it, it's exahausting. I can only imagine what it's going to be like once he becomes fully mobile.  :dope:

Oh, and I wouldn't trade it for the world!

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2023, 10:30:59 AM »
Gotta love the smiles and giggles, makes it all worth it for sure!

2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

* Recent Photos

IMG_7542.JPG

Views: 1
By: Rollingrock

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal