1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: We did a Thing today  (Read 1070 times)

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
We did a Thing today
« on: March 08, 2023, 08:51:49 PM »
Gents

I know i haven't posted in awhile and I don't post as often, last couple of years have been completlly crazy, not just for me but for all of us. so I thank you all again for keeping the lights on here at the old Cafe.    Shorter story, lost my job in Nov, just started a new gig 3 weeks ago and its going ok and lots of possible opportunity.   

So a little back story.   My daughter totalled her car, I think I told you all about that.   She is now driving wifes Acura and wife is in a rental b.c daughter is too young to drive a rental.    (Now I know why).

So we were going to replace her car and we were like, wait a second, the Acura is paid for and has 160K miles on it...no let her drive that for a while and lets get momma a new car.   

So this happend today.    The paint is perfect, we are going to put a clear wrap on the hood and the sides of the bumpers to the front QTR panels.   But I am going to get this polished up, then coated with PB Coating.   I hope its still good, I haven't used it since I bought it. 

Here are some pics of the happy wife.     This is the slightly used 2023 Volvo XC60 with the little electric motor in it, its kind of a hybrid , not sure what to call it.  Had 4K miles on it.   

« Last Edit: March 08, 2023, 08:55:12 PM by Rollingrock »
Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
Re: We did a Thing today
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2023, 08:57:40 PM »
Cassie loves the Volvo SUVs. I like everything except the classic Volvo style rear lights.  But man, is that interior really really white.  If it was mine, I’d give it three days until it was… less white.  It’s slick looking for sure though.  I like it a lot.  Congrats to the happy wife!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2023, 11:09:52 PM »
That’s a super nice whip! The XC90 we test drove was super comfy and actually kinda quick.

I’m sure you guys are going to be happy with it.

With the price of PPF these days, it is totally worth it to do.

2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2023, 11:48:09 PM »
That’s a super nice whip! The XC90 we test drove was super comfy and actually kinda quick.

I’m sure you guys are going to be happy with it.

With the price of PPF these days, it is totally worth it to do.

I had to google PPF.   :uugly:  Agree on everthing you said.  this is a strange kind of Hybryd, yet it is very zippy and much lighter than her MDX.   the MDX is amazing don't get me wrong, but this new ride from a tech perspective, is amazing.    She had a new rental of a 2023 MDX, she didn't like it like she likes her 2016 MDX....so this is a massive upgrade in tech.    It drives better, is uber quiet...sexy AF.....i am super happy with it thus far.   Its only been 1 day.    :)
Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2023, 07:01:04 AM »
Gents

I know i haven't posted in awhile and I don't post as often, last couple of years have been completlly crazy, not just for me but for all of us. so I thank you all again for keeping the lights on here at the old Cafe.    Shorter story, lost my job in Nov, just started a new gig 3 weeks ago and its going ok and lots of possible opportunity.   

So a little back story.   My daughter totalled her car, I think I told you all about that.   She is now driving wifes Acura and wife is in a rental b.c daughter is too young to drive a rental.    (Now I know why).

So we were going to replace her car and we were like, wait a second, the Acura is paid for and has 160K miles on it...no let her drive that for a while and lets get momma a new car.   

So this happend today.    The paint is perfect, we are going to put a clear wrap on the hood and the sides of the bumpers to the front QTR panels.   But I am going to get this polished up, then coated with PB Coating.   I hope its still good, I haven't used it since I bought it. 

Here are some pics of the happy wife.     This is the slightly used 2023 Volvo XC60 with the little electric motor in it, its kind of a hybrid , not sure what to call it.  Had 4K miles on it.   

Awesome looking SUV! I really like the styling of the new Volvos!

* Recent Photos

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal