1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: I may have a problem!  (Read 4005 times)

Offline GreyMichFX4

• Café Member
I may have a problem!
« on: February 20, 2023, 10:07:10 AM »
So, it was in the mid 40's on Saturday and I had a clear shot from my garage down the alley to the street. I wen for the first ride of the 2023 riding season on Saturday.  :ba:

https://youtu.be/P1ytSC8Yovo
« Last Edit: February 20, 2023, 05:47:26 PM by GreyMichFX4 »
Good enough never is

Online Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
Re: I may have a problem!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2023, 10:46:41 AM »
The link doesn’t work but I’m intrigued. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline GreyMichFX4

• Café Member
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2023, 10:47:39 AM »
Dang it! I'll have to upload the video a different way.
Good enough never is

Offline GreyMichFX4

• Café Member
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2023, 05:47:03 PM »
Second times the charm! And sorry about the snowstorm later this week.  :doh:
Good enough never is

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2023, 07:17:28 PM »
Has your winter been as much of a non-event as ours? I've used the snowblower once. I've shoveled twice. Absolutely nothing on the ground right now.  :cry:

Offline GreyMichFX4

• Café Member
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2023, 07:24:55 PM »
Yup, but that's supposed to change this week. They're calling for 2-4 inches tonight into tomorrow and then 12-18 Wednesday into Thursday.
Good enough never is

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2023, 07:53:13 PM »
Cool stuff! We got 5” today and supposed to get another 10” tomorrow. I guess winter woke up late this year.

2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Online Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2023, 07:45:53 AM »
Our 5 day looks like this: 51, 39, 64, 38, 35. And because of the rolling temps we aren’t even hitting freezing at night.  I will say these mid 30s we get feel absolutely freezing after a 55-60 degree day. 

I’m not a big two wheel kind of guy but I definitely see the attraction to it.  It would be awesome to be out cruising and just feeling it.  I refuse to put any kind of enclosure on my SxS for that reason and give my buddy all types of shit for his full enclosure and aftermarket heater. 

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline GreyMichFX4

• Café Member
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2023, 11:08:21 AM »
Our 5 day looks like this: 51, 39, 64, 38, 35. And because of the rolling temps we aren’t even hitting freezing at night.  I will say these mid 30s we get feel absolutely freezing after a 55-60 degree day. 

I’m not a big two wheel kind of guy but I definitely see the attraction to it.  It would be awesome to be out cruising and just feeling it.  I refuse to put any kind of enclosure on my SxS for that reason and give my buddy all types of shit for his full enclosure and aftermarket heater. 

You're killen me small......lol This will be my second season riding and once you've felt the wind and openness on a bike there's nothing that can come close.
Good enough never is

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2023, 11:25:56 AM »
Over a foot since yesterday and it’s down to 5 degrees out. Supposed to be well into the minuses by tonight

2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Online Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2023, 12:17:45 PM »

You're killen me small......lol This will be my second season riding and once you've felt the wind and openness on a bike there's nothing that can come close.
I’ve tried two wheels once in my life.  It ended as fast as it began.  If the bike traveled even 10 feet, 9 feet of it was with me no longer on it.  I was way inexperienced and just launched it right out from under me.  Outside of go carts at amusement parks, it was the first thing I’d ever ridden with a motor.  Probably not the ideal way for me to acclimate myself to two wheels and it ruined two wheels for me.  I’d try it again but I need to be left to myself in a field to fail and get back up and keep trying.  I’m thinking more dirt bike than motorcycle though.  Eh, whatever.  Haha.  Me and everyone around me is safer if I stick to four wheels.  But yes, I love being in the SxS, ripping through the fast trails in the middle of nowhere.  No windows, no doors, no windshield.  On the flip side, a SxS with that setup is frightening on the street.  Took it for a high speed run down my road once and that open cage just catches the wind and lifts it up making it completely unstable at 75mph.  Once was enough to get that out of my system. 

Offline GreyMichFX4

• Café Member
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2023, 01:13:59 PM »
Over a foot since yesterday and it’s down to 5 degrees out. Supposed to be well into the minuses by tonight

We're supposed to get almost two feet this week after not having much of a winter. I really hope they're wrong like ususal but the math is on their side to be right at this point.
Good enough never is

Offline GreyMichFX4

• Café Member
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2023, 01:17:57 PM »

I’ve tried two wheels once in my life.  It ended as fast as it began.  If the bike traveled even 10 feet, 9 feet of it was with me no longer on it.  I was way inexperienced and just launched it right out from under me.  Outside of go carts at amusement parks, it was the first thing I’d ever ridden with a motor.  Probably not the ideal way for me to acclimate myself to two wheels and it ruined two wheels for me.  I’d try it again but I need to be left to myself in a field to fail and get back up and keep trying.  I’m thinking more dirt bike than motorcycle though.  Eh, whatever.  Haha.  Me and everyone around me is safer if I stick to four wheels.  But yes, I love being in the SxS, ripping through the fast trails in the middle of nowhere.  No windows, no doors, no windshield.  On the flip side, a SxS with that setup is frightening on the street.  Took it for a high speed run down my road once and that open cage just catches the wind and lifts it up making it completely unstable at 75mph.  Once was enough to get that out of my system. 

That was almost identical to my first riding experience when my friend tried to teach me to ride his Enduro in his front yard. I came really close to crashing the bike into his dad's brand new Duramax. And you can see that didn't discourage me at all although I have been called crazy a time or two.
Good enough never is

Online Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2023, 01:46:13 PM »

That was almost identical to my first riding experience when my friend tried to teach me to ride his Enduro in his front yard. I came really close to crashing the bike into his dad's brand new Duramax. And you can see that didn't discourage me at all although I have been called crazy a time or two.
Oh yeah.  I’ve done plenty of dumb stuff on four wheels and have never been discouraged.  Probably because I’ve literaly and figuratively have always progressed.  Like I actually physically life forward and get better.  I’m not sure how it’s possible to regress from 0 but I feel like I did.  It’s like going from no credit to negative credit and having nothing to show for it. 

Here is our current and future outlook.

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2023, 09:48:51 PM »

Who has not done that one starting out.

My 1st time on a Honda Trail 70 I pulled an ape hanger stunt, and it was not a thing yet in 1977.

It was almost 3 decades later when I did one next.. on purpose that time.

BTW for those not versed in hooligan 

Steve

* Recent Photos

DSC02919.JPG

Views: 0
By: jkilmurray

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal