April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: Better late than never.....  (Read 2694 times)

Offline GreyMichFX4

• Café Member
Better late than never.....
« on: February 01, 2023, 08:31:36 AM »
I bought a couple new toys last year that I have been wanting to do for the last few years but the timing wasn't right. Now I just need to buy a piece of property so I can build my new house.

Bought the trailer I have wanting for about 4 years. 24 foot 14k Loadtrail equipment trailer.

Out with the old

In with the new. 2022 LS M3-40.

Good enough never is

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
Re: Better late than never.....
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2023, 08:56:16 AM »
That’s a nice trailer!  How’s it pull with the half ton? 

I don’t know much about the tractors but it looks warmer to run than my 63 Ford 2000.  Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2023, 09:04:05 AM »
Very nice trailer!

2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline GreyMichFX4

• Café Member
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2023, 09:29:37 AM »
That’s a nice trailer!  How’s it pull with the half ton? 

I don’t know much about the tractors but it looks warmer to run than my 63 Ford 2000.  Haha

Thanks Mike! It tows surprisingly well but I can tell it's behind the truck even empty and it's a little nose heavy but it's nothing a set of air bags won't fix. The tractor is basically a New Holland Boomer since LS makes all of New Hollands smaller tractors.
Good enough never is

Offline GreyMichFX4

• Café Member
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2023, 09:37:00 AM »
Very nice trailer!

Thanks Ryan!
Good enough never is

Offline gipraw

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2023, 04:46:32 PM »
Nice. I have trailer envy. 
================

Doug

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2023, 07:59:09 PM »
Me too.  But I want an 8.5 x 24 enclosed trailer with the extra 12” of height.  My SxS barely clears the door.  I actually broke my GoPro mount off the roll cage. 

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2023, 09:52:04 AM »
Man, that looks like a lot of trailer for a half ton! That said, it also looks like a really well made trailer. I see you didn't get the Snard Generators though.

As for the tractor, are what ever happened to the no cab look? Are we getting older and need heat (and A/C) now?  :funny:

Offline GreyMichFX4

• Café Member
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2023, 01:23:31 PM »
Man, that looks like a lot of trailer for a half ton! That said, it also looks like a really well made trailer. I see you didn't get the Snard Generators though.

As for the tractor, are what ever happened to the no cab look? Are we getting older and need heat (and A/C) now?  :funny:

It's a Tank of a trailer but only weighs about 4500 pounds empty and a little nose heavy but it's not too bad. I also don't tow very far or often anymore. And yes I freely admit that I am getting older plus my hands and feet don't tolerate to cold well anymore after being frostbitten a few times.

I did buy one of these and I am wondering why I didn't spend the money sooner. My back thanks me!

https://shockerhitch.com/product/shocker-air-receiver-hitch/

Good enough never is

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2023, 02:56:01 PM »

It's a Tank of a trailer but only weighs about 4500 pounds empty and a little nose heavy but it's not too bad. I also don't tow very far or often anymore. And yes I freely admit that I am getting older plus my hands and feet don't tolerate to cold well anymore after being frostbitten a few times.

I did buy one of these and I am wondering why I didn't spend the money sooner. My back thanks me!

Looking at that gizmo, I'll feel so inadequate hand cranking the manual trailer jack on the boat trailer next summer.  :om:

Offline GreyMichFX4

• Café Member
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2023, 04:03:51 PM »

Looking at that gizmo, I'll feel so inadequate hand cranking the manual trailer jack on the boat trailer next summer.  :om:

If you lived closer I'd let you borrow it for a weekend to see how much of difference it makes in ride quality.
Good enough never is

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
Better late than never.....
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2023, 04:07:11 PM »

So I thought you could inflate the bag to lower the ball so you could then bring it back up again.  But looking at it, I think it’s just a shock absorber for the hitch.  I can see the value in that but a little disappointed I still have to crank the jack. 

FYI, Tom, I’m not too old for an open cab tractor yet. 
Tapatalk won’t let me upload a picture. 

« Last Edit: February 02, 2023, 04:10:57 PM by Kitzy »

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2023, 08:11:10 AM »

If you lived closer I'd let you borrow it for a weekend to see how much of difference it makes in ride quality.
Thanks for the offer, but my boat is so light that you can almost one hand the tongue weight. I'll bet on a heavier trailer it does wonders though!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2023, 08:47:31 AM »

Hey it worked

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2023, 11:51:45 AM »

Hey it worked

Awesome! Is that the 3-cylinder gas motor one? If so, we still have one of them at the marina.

* Recent Photos

Young Eagle

Views: 6
By: gipraw

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal