1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: I bought a new turbo too  (Read 3074 times)

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
Re: I bought a new turbo too
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2023, 07:37:50 AM »
I get that it’s in our nature to stick with what we know and like brand wise, but a brand will never be loyal to a customer so you gotta check all options when looking for something new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The 2011 Chevy was a tough one for me at first.   I was younger and didn’t to stray from the brand.  I had a list of things I wanted in a truck and I was looking to find it in a Ford even though I was ever so slightly open to GM.  I had a dealer that was really working with me to find what I wanted. They called me to come check something out and it wasn’t what I was looking for but as I was walking the lot to go find it I had stumbled on to the Chevy and it immediately caught my eye.  We made the deal and I quickly got over the fact that it wasn’t a Ford and realized how stupid that really is.  Now I shop for what I want in a vehicle and not who makes it. 

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2023, 07:50:33 AM »
Love your truck, Mike. Looks great. Glad you like it. That fuel mileage is very nice. 

I’ve had 17 Fords, 3 Chevys, 2 GMC, 1 Pontiac, 1 Toyota, 1 Cadillac, 1 Dodge, and 1 Ram, not counting toys.

My 2021 Ram 1500 is by far the best truck I have ever owned. Best ride and by far the best designed and most comfortable interior. The center console is light years ahead of anything else I’ve ever had.

I had so many issues with my 2017 F150 and such crappy dealer service experiences with it that I will probably never buy another Ford vehicle.

Complete list, just because

62 F100
76 Monte Carlo
81 GMC Sierra
87 GMC S15
88 Supra
93 F150
93 Cavalier
96 Explorer
98 Explorer
99 Ford Windstar
2000 Ranger
2002 Expedition
2002 Trans Am
2006 F150
2006 Five Hundred
2010 Taurus SHO
2010 Expedition
2011 F150
2008 Silverado
2014 Mustang
2015 Fusion Hybrid *
2017 F150
2018 Taurus SHO *
2018 Challenger Scat pack Shaker
2018 Cadillac CTS
2021 Ram 1500 *
2018 Taurus Limited *

Still have the four with a *

Doesn’t count these former toys:
64 F100
86 IROC Z
89 Trans Am
95 Firebird Formula
69 Firebird

and I still have the below toys:
66 GTO
86 Chevy Silverado short bed
2006 VW Beetle
48 Chevy 3100
What a list.  That Supra immediately jumped out at me as not fitting in.  I like it though.  I like the car.  Was given the chance to do a burnout in one once.  Strange situation but why not. 

That cavalier and windstar gave me a chuckle. 

Ram has come so far with their interiors. It’s ridiculous.  They said I dont like the overall look of their trucks with the big vertical center screen.  I don’t mind the size.  I just don’t like the way it’s integrated in to the dash.  There’s no flow to it and it looks out of place and dominates the whole look. 

GM is light years behind with their interiors.  It’s the biggest knock towards them.  It’s barely changed from my 15.  I will say it’s functional though.  I like what’s touch screen vs what’s real buttons.  Button locations are nice.  It’s overall well though out and implemented but it’s not overall impressive to look at.  They had a few 1500s in the showroom while I waited for my paper work and the interiors are completely different.  Without sitting in it and playing around with it I don’t know how much I’d like it but just looking at it briefly it’s a step in the right direction. 

Fords interiors have always felt a little more ruggedly bold.  Not as classy but still up to date on styling. 

Back to my truck.  A few other likes and dislikes.  The pro tailgate.  Like and dislike.  It’s very cool and useful.  It also means I can’t use it as intended with my current hitch.  I love my hitch.  I have to remove it all the time, not use the tailgate step or buy a new B&W hitch which is an option at some point.  It’s a great hitch just not what I wanted to do when I love my current hitch. 

With the pro tailgate you get a bar to grab similar to Fords except Fords integrates much better in to tailgate than GM who just attach it to the side of the bed where it takes up room. 

I also just noticed the tie downs in the bed.  There’s a lot of them.  And at different heights.  Definitely a bonus.  I haul propane tanks a lot and the low tie downs never secured the tanks very good. 

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2023, 08:58:14 AM »
I was texting with Jason yesterday and I told him I traded the 450 for a GMC.  His response was he was questioning our friendship now and then he abruptly had to go.  Haha. 

Offline gipraw

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2023, 04:45:56 PM »
Lots of tie downs are nice.   I am a fan of buttons and knobs over touch screens as well.  My Ram has the 8” screen in it, instead of the 12” vertical, so I still have all the climate control knobs and such. I am not a fan of the big screen look either.   

I had seen where GM has redone their interior for 2023, but I haven’t seen it yet.

I was texting with Jason yesterday and I told him I traded the 450 for a GMC.  His response was he was questioning our friendship now and then he abruptly had to go.  Haha. 

Lol.   
================

Doug

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2023, 06:57:58 PM »
Lots of tie downs are nice.   I am a fan of buttons and knobs over touch screens as well.  My Ram has the 8” screen in it, instead of the 12” vertical, so I still have all the climate control knobs and such. I am not a fan of the big screen look either.   

I had seen where GM has redone their interior for 2023, but I haven’t seen it yet.

Lol.   
My 18 F250 had a finicky touchscreen.  It just did t respond well.  Then I went to the 16 F450 and it made me miss the 18.  This GMC is very nice.  Very responsive with good haptic feedback. 

So which SHO was the one you wrecked?  If I remember right you were hit or run off the road and went down an embankment of sorts. 

Offline gipraw

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2023, 08:36:32 PM »

Lol.   
My 18 F250 had a finicky touchscreen.  It just did t respond well.  Then I went to the 16 F450 and it made me miss the 18.  This GMC is very nice.  Very responsive with good haptic feedback. 

So which SHO was the one you wrecked?  If I remember right you were hit or run off the road and went down an embankment of sorts. 

The 2010 was the one that got wrecked.  I was rear ended by a steel company truck on I10. He was fully loaded doing about 35, I wasn’t moving, just stuck in traffic.   I still miss that car.  I haven’t modded the 2018.  It is my son’s daily driver now.

================

Doug

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2023, 05:23:06 PM »

Lol.   

The 2010 was the one that got wrecked.  I was rear ended by a steel company truck on I10. He was fully loaded doing about 35, I wasn’t moving, just stuck in traffic.   I still miss that car.  I haven’t modded the 2018.  It is my son’s daily driver now.
Hold on, I just noticed the 06 beetle.  Listed under toys.  What’s the story behind that?  There has to be a story.  I need there to be a story. 

Offline gipraw

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2023, 10:40:58 PM »

Lol.   

Hold on, I just noticed the 06 beetle.  Listed under toys.  What’s the story behind that?  There has to be a story.  I need there to be a story. 

It’s a long term project.  Also a science experiment.  It was a victim of the tax day floods in 2016. Didn’t flood per se, but sat outside during all the rain with a slightly open sunroof, then continued to sit for another three weeks in the UT Dallas parking lot in the sun and heat, and became overgrown with mold. It looks like a Petri dish on the inside. It belonged to our good friends and neighbors, and they asked me if I could clean it up. At the same time they needed a trailer so they offered to trade me their bug for my 4x8 utility trailer, so I did.  I had traded a leather backpack for the trailer a couple years prior, so I looked at it like trading a backpack for a car.  Long term plan is to LS swap it and rat rod it, but that won’t happen until I get the race truck built. The truck project starts this spring, hopefully. 
================

Doug

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2023, 07:26:29 AM »

Lol.   

It’s a long term project.  Also a science experiment.  It was a victim of the tax day floods in 2016. Didn’t flood per se, but sat outside during all the rain with a slightly open sunroof, then continued to sit for another three weeks in the UT Dallas parking lot in the sun and heat, and became overgrown with mold. It looks like a Petri dish on the inside. It belonged to our good friends and neighbors, and they asked me if I could clean it up. At the same time they needed a trailer so they offered to trade me their bug for my 4x8 utility trailer, so I did.  I had traded a leather backpack for the trailer a couple years prior, so I looked at it like trading a backpack for a car.  Long term plan is to LS swap it and rat rod it, but that won’t happen until I get the race truck built. The truck project starts this spring, hopefully.
Looking at your list of toys, I am assuming the race truck is the 86 short bed. 

Offline gipraw

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2023, 08:55:56 PM »

Lol.   

Nope.  The ‘48. Going to build a drag and drive truck, shooting for mid 7s.  The ‘86 is totally stock and will stay that way. 
================

Doug

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2023, 09:12:55 AM »

Lol.   

Nope.  The ‘48. Going to build a drag and drive truck, shooting for mid 7s.  The ‘86 is totally stock and will stay that way.
Your list was extensive.  I’m still catching some of the stuff.  That 48 is a sweet looking truck!

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2023, 04:09:26 PM »
I'm not jealous.... :die:
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2023, 05:07:07 PM »
Nice looking truck Mike.     Happy for you bro.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2023, 10:29:06 AM »
Nice looking truck Mike.     Happy for you bro.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks, Jason.

Interestingly enough, I get more compliments on this truck than any other truck in the past. 

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2023, 07:26:31 PM »
I have been selling of camper stuff and a guy showed up today to buy my 50amp surge protector. He drove
Over an hour to come get it and he pulls in the driveway in my F450 I just traded in.  He barely got a word out and I said to him, you’re not going to believe this. 

* Recent Photos

07 Tahoe

Views: 0
By: GeraldRooney

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal