1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: Mexico Trip  (Read 6942 times)

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
Mexico Trip
« on: July 18, 2022, 06:22:10 PM »
Just spent a week in Mexico with Cassie and her best friend and her husband.  Had a great time but honestly, the two days spent at the resort were tough.  I’m not a beach guy and I’m not a sit around and do nothing guy.  I like to get out and explore.  Do and see things I can’t back home.  That said we did do some cool stuff. 

We arrived on Sunday and departed on Saturday.  Our first full day we didn’t do much.  Hung out around the resort.  The next day we did an adventure park.  That was fun and we had a good time.  It’s a man made park with cave swimming, zip lining and these amphibious vehicles to drive around.  No pictures because I didn’t have my GoPro mount and I couldn’t carry my phone. 

Then we visited Chichen Itza.  The Mayan ruins that you’ve probably seen on discovery and nat geo channels.  That was pretty awesome.  After leaving there we stopped at a cenote they claim is the largest one open to the public with a dome ceiling.  I think that’s the back story.  That was a highlight for sure.  And Ofcourse, no GoPro mount so no pictures or video.  I will add a stock photo from online.  You repel down in to the cave where there is multiple platforms for jumping off in to the water and a zip line. 

That was Wednesday and everyone decided to hang at the resort for Thursday and Friday and that just wasn’t going to work for me.  I told Cassie I was going to find something to do on Friday because I just couldn’t do two straight days of sitting at the beach or pool.  So we went and booked a snorkeling excursion in Akumel with the sea turtles followed by two more cenotes.  These were very different than the first cenote.  Both were ground level as opposed to a recessed cave.  One was still a cave while the other was a jungle oasis for lack of a better word. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
Re: Mexico Trip
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2022, 06:25:09 PM »
Some more…

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
Mexico Trip
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2022, 06:31:41 PM »
And…

« Last Edit: July 18, 2022, 06:34:25 PM by Kitzy »

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2022, 06:33:40 AM »
Now that looks like some serious fun!

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2022, 09:03:32 AM »
Awesome Mike

you didn't tell me you went down to Akumal.  That is where the "other house is".

That is seriously nice water down there and "away" from the city if you will. 

Akumal and Tulum are my fav parts on the Yuk.

In Tulum, there is a private Cenote 5 min walk from the back of the house.  Cold ass water.   

So glad you guys had fun without any issues.   

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2022, 09:26:04 AM »
Awesome Mike

you didn't tell me you went down to Akumal.  That is where the "other house is".

In Tulum, there is a private Cenote 5 min walk from the back of the house.  Cold ass water.   

It was a last minute thing.  It was the middle of the day Thursday when I decided I couldn’t sit around the resort another day.  There were three things I really wanted to do.  Chichen Itza, Swim with turtles.  And swim with whale sharks.  I aborted the whale shark plan for a few reasons.  It was pricier than expected.  It was a long excursion with a long drive and a long boat ride.  The second half worrying me because I get bad motion sickness that I was already suffering from mildly from the van and bus rides.  They dont absolutely guarantee a sighting.  And no one wanted to go with me, even though Cassie said she would, I knew she didn’t really want to. 

Akumal was fantastic.  Even the small town when you come in was cool.  The water was very calm and clear.

I regret not doing the ruins in Tulum.  That one will haunt me. 

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2022, 09:30:49 AM »
Very cool pictures! I could have just hung out by the pool, lol. These kids have me wore out.

2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2022, 10:42:18 AM »
Very cool pictures! I could have just hung out by the pool, lol. These kids have me wore out.

There were two big pools on the resort.  The main pool that had two swim up bars a couple volleyball nets and a waterfall.  That pool was every bit of 90-95 degrees.   I literally felt cooler outside of the pool.  Everyone in the pool was trying to find a shady spot.  I never went back in it after the first time.

The other pool they referred to as a lazy river.  It was just a narrower pool. It it was significantly cooler although still warmer than I’d like.  Spent some time in that pool but I can’t sit still.  So when I get bored With swimming, I gotta go find something to do.  Sitting by the pool isn’t an option for me.  Haha

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2022, 10:44:10 AM »
This was the other cenote we repelled in to.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2022, 05:18:17 PM »
Awesome Mike

It was a last minute thing.  It was the middle of the day Thursday when I decided I couldn’t sit around the resort another day.  There were three things I really wanted to do.  Chichen Itza, Swim with turtles.  And swim with whale sharks.  I aborted the whale shark plan for a few reasons.  It was pricier than expected.  It was a long excursion with a long drive and a long boat ride.  The second half worrying me because I get bad motion sickness that I was already suffering from mildly from the van and bus rides.  They dont absolutely guarantee a sighting.  And no one wanted to go with me, even though Cassie said she would, I knew she didn’t really want to. 

Akumal was fantastic.  Even the small town when you come in was cool.  The water was very calm and clear.

I regret not doing the ruins in Tulum.  That one will haunt me. 

So now Mike you have walked the same streets as me in another country.    Rollingrock was here.   

you're welcome.     :funny:

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2022, 07:13:50 PM »
You should have met me down there.  Could have walked them together and shown me the ropes.  My own personal tour guide.  NYC didn’t give you anything but Covid anyway. 

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2022, 07:31:16 PM »
BTW, forgot to mention the sunrises...nice shots.

its weird that the sun comes up so early there.   also weird b.c I never see it.....

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2022, 04:54:41 AM »
BTW, forgot to mention the sunrises...nice shots.

its weird that the sun comes up so early there.   also weird b.c I never see it.....
It’s actually later than at home.  Currently our sunrise is 5:48 as of this morning.  It was 6:14 my first morning there so probably 6:20 by now.  Usually I’m up before the sun.  Body clock I guess.  Even on vacation.  When we went out to Arizona and Utah last fall I made it a point to be at our first destinations for sunrise and stay at our last destination until sunset.  Essentially forcing a lot of night hiking.  Basically, I want to see the sun rise and set at epic locations. 

I’ve posted all of these before.

This was Angels Landing at sunrise.  We had hiked for almost an hour by this point on our way to the top of that.  There’s actually a person in that picture almost dead center.

Devils Bridge which was an early start through the desert.  We only got lost once.  It’s hard to navigate the desert by headlamp.  We got to our destination way before the sun. 

Cathedral Rock in Sedona for a sunset.  Definitely got a little lost on the way back down.  It was much darker than the photo would appear.

Somewhere in Zion.  Cassie was being miserable.  She thought it was a lane sunset.  I disagreed.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2022, 12:12:40 PM »
i recall those photos, flipping amazing

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2022, 12:28:28 PM »
You sure have been able to get around this year! Absolutely awesome.

2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

* Recent Photos

IMG_7378.JPG

Views: 3
By: Rollingrock

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal