1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: Surgery Monday and other totally random chit.  (Read 4652 times)

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
Surgery Monday and other totally random chit.
« on: June 26, 2022, 08:56:54 PM »
Hey yall,

Just an FYI.  I have a surgery on Monday, check in at 8:30 am CST.   Could use some good vibes and prayers if you got em This should be the last hurdle for me this year.    No real idea on the recovery b/c it can go 1 of 2 ways.    Will keep you posted.

ON a totally separate note, I wanted to share this link.  If you click on this link and listen to the song called ChiChi (Which is my wife's family nick name) i had this song made for her for our 25th Anniversary.    We haven't posted it on Social Media yet b.c i am going to put it to a slide show for IG and her FB account

Check it out and i would highly recommend this service if you want to score some major points with your SO and family.

https://www.songfinch.com/artists/75181

Song is called "ChiCHi". 

Cheers

JP

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
Re: Surgery Monday and other totally random chit.
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2022, 06:17:57 AM »
Hope the surgery goes "the good way" for you JP! Keep us posted.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2022, 08:36:45 AM »
Good vibes heading your way! Best of luck on a speedy recovery! 

The song idea is very cool. I may steal the idea for Heather and my 20th in a couple years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2022, 05:41:01 PM »
Good luck, Jason.  Positive thoughts your way as usual as you hopefully wrap this stuff up. 

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2022, 07:37:48 PM »
Gents, just coming up for air….surgery went good today, was in pre-opp for 2 hours then in the OR for 3 hours.  They had to Intubat me so speaking is very difficult right now, I can whisper but that is about it for a day or so.    Throat hurts and will have some interesting “movements” if you catch my drift.      Surgeon said he felt like he got it all but wants to scope me again in 3-6 months.    As I figured, I am off the bike for 7-10 days so I don’t risk pulling the stitches/staples and clamps out of my small intestine.   Very groggy and the most odd thing, I must of cramped while in the OR, my calves are so sore it is hard to walk.   I think I went in a little dehydrated.     Anywho, wanted to give you an update.   Thanks for checking in and sending good vibes.

JP

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2022, 11:56:22 PM »
Very glad to hear it went well!!

The surgery sounds kinda familiar, lol.

Get some rest!

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2022, 06:01:04 AM »
Gents, just coming up for air….surgery went good today, was in pre-opp for 2 hours then in the OR for 3 hours.  They had to Intubat me so speaking is very difficult right now, I can whisper but that is about it for a day or so.    Throat hurts and will have some interesting “movements” if you catch my drift.      Surgeon said he felt like he got it all but wants to scope me again in 3-6 months.    As I figured, I am off the bike for 7-10 days so I don’t risk pulling the stitches/staples and clamps out of my small intestine.   Very groggy and the most odd thing, I must of cramped while in the OR, my calves are so sore it is hard to walk.   I think I went in a little dehydrated.     Anywho, wanted to give you an update.   Thanks for checking in and sending good vibes.

JP
Glad to hear everything went well JP! I wouldn't be in too much of a hurry to jump back on the bike. Then again, that advice is coming from a guy who never listens to doctor's orders. I was out running the snow blower 2 days after hernia surgery a few years ago.

Offline gipraw

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2022, 01:09:27 PM »

JP

Glad it went well.  Take it easy and heal. 
================

Doug

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2022, 04:37:00 PM »
Well boys spoke too soon.  Had to be rushed back to ER last night.   Almost bled out.   They had to transfer me back to another hospital.    Redid surgery and got admitted.    All good. Is but got very close to this going really bad fast.   

Some of my pieces of flair. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2022, 05:49:43 PM »
Never a shortage of shit going on in your life.  Glad it went this way and not the other.  Now knock it off and just get better already. 

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2022, 12:06:00 AM »
Holy crap that’s scary. Glad they were able to get you sorted out. I hope it’s all going in the right direction now.

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2022, 06:57:50 PM »
JP,

Sorry I missed this had a busy end of Qtr.
Glad things turned out well, sorry you had that happen.

Steve

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2022, 10:34:33 PM »
Hey guys,

I am alive.  If it wasn't for Mike, I wouldn't come back to check this thread that I don't remember posting.   No joke. 

I was pretty medicated and thought I was in a good place but again I had spoke too soon.   All good, for now, but still not 100%. 

Totally appreciate you guys posting back and reading, I didn't tell you all the half of it.   Not even sure when i posted b/c I seriously don't remember.   Things went sideways fast and boom, here I am.   

At home recovering, resting when I can and was working a little today.   Steve, our QTR end is next month and I went in to pure panic last night and started doing my expenses....ugh, that was dumb to. 

Anywho, i will post up again and give an update.   

almost  :dh: :uugly:

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2022, 04:08:57 PM »
Kind of a funny conversation really.  But welcome back to earth.  Very happy to hear you’re recovering well this time.  Looking forward to seeing you back on the bike. 

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2022, 12:20:40 PM »
Kind of a funny conversation really.  But welcome back to earth.  Very happy to hear you’re recovering well this time.  Looking forward to seeing you back on the bike. 

for sure funny and a little scary. Mike after our chat, I went to my work laptop and double checked to make sure I didn't send or respond to any threads.    I had a deal at Verizon that we were working on for the 30th, it came in but had to double check i didn't say anything stupid.

So last night, i did have a few cocktails and i ended up sleeping in till 11 am this morning.   Haven't slept in till 11 in probl 25 years.    Feel pretty rested.

Oh and btw, i haven't told anyone this yet but we are fostering 2 dogs right now and 1 of them has 3 puppies that are nursing.   So if my chit wasn't bad enough we added more chaos to the house.   

We are keeping the 2 foster dogs, and maybe 1 puppy.  Yeah we are dumb. 

RR

* Recent Photos

138.jpg

Views: 5
By: Kitzy

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal