March 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: New Vid dropped on the channel  (Read 7155 times)

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
Re: New Vid dropped on the channel
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2021, 04:36:29 PM »
Good video.  Entertaining.  I didn’t lose interest at all.  I still dont like flashy transitions but that’s probs my personal preference.  Also, I think it was a little over saturated.  Atleast viewing on my phone.  The greens and reds (atleast in some clips) were a little strong.  However, that doesn’t really bother me, I just know it bothers a lot of people out there. 

Critiquing aside, that looks so freakin fun.  I wish I had the drive to do it.  I’m also scared shitless of getting hurt.  It’s not the pain that scares me but how it would affect my life until I heal. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2021, 05:14:02 PM »
My buddy just sent me a pic of his new bike for next year.

https://m.pinkbike.com/buysell/3223592/

2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2021, 08:41:05 PM »
Good video.  Entertaining.  I didn’t lose interest at all.  I still dont like flashy transitions but that’s probs my personal preference.  Also, I think it was a little over saturated.  Atleast viewing on my phone.  The greens and reds (atleast in some clips) were a little strong.  However, that doesn’t really bother me, I just know it bothers a lot of people out there. 

Critiquing aside, that looks so freakin fun.  I wish I had the drive to do it.  I’m also scared shitless of getting hurt.  It’s not the pain that scares me but how it would affect my life until I heal. 

Thanks Mike, which vid are you referencing here?  The overcast one?  If so I totally get it, I put a tad too much on it.   I am also using a retina display for correction so it may look cleaner on my end but over snappy on yours.  I need to adjust for that going forward.

That is a nice rig....did you notice the mix of OEM tires and off the rack?  Yellow vs white.  Funny they did that for a photo...that doesn't look right.    Is that a CAN brand?   
Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2021, 03:32:43 PM »

Thanks Mike, which vid are you referencing here?  The overcast one?  If so I totally get it, I put a tad too much on it.   I am also using a retina display for correction so it may look cleaner on my end but over snappy on yours.  I need to adjust for that going forward.

That is a nice rig....did you notice the mix of OEM tires and off the rack?  Yellow vs white.  Funny they did that for a photo...that doesn't look right.    Is that a CAN brand?   
Yeah I was referencing the overcast video. 

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2021, 03:50:16 PM »

He won't care about the tire lettering, the tires only last a season anyways. Forbidden is based out of BC on Vancouver island. Lot's of cool geometry and suspension stuff on them.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2021, 08:53:40 PM »
That is a nice looking rig.

Fun to see those brands that that.  There seems to be so man new Canadian brands every year. 

It pushes innovation. 

I am looking at a cross country race bike (don't ask me why) and this one comes with live wire, which is the auto sensing shock system.   OMG, it adds 2K to the cost of an already dumb expensive bike.

So, when do you want to visit Bentonville AR...the Mt Bike Capital of the World now?   

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2021, 12:06:25 PM »
Ok Mike, took your advice

No transitions.   Just cut

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNrrG7UDMuY

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2021, 06:13:56 PM »

Fun to see those brands that that.  There seems to be so man new Canadian brands every year. 

It pushes innovation. 

I am looking at a cross country race bike (don't ask me why) and this one comes with live wire, which is the auto sensing shock system.   OMG, it adds 2K to the cost of an already dumb expensive bike.

So, when do you want to visit Bentonville AR...the Mt Bike Capital of the World now?   
I can tell you with the utmost certainty that Bentonville isn’t the MTB capital of the world, but does look awesome.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2021, 08:40:09 PM »

It pushes innovation. 

I can tell you with the utmost certainty that Bentonville isn’t the MTB capital of the world, but does look awesome.

LOL....I know that is a shocking statement and i was skeptical of it too.   Until I started visiting regularly.
 I can't tell you how many pros that are moving there but its a lot.  They are everywhere in the area now.    UCI is hosting the Enduro, DownHill, Cross Country and Cycle cross world championships in Bentonville now.   Something must be up.      :redneck:   

BTW, scroll up one post and check that new vid i posted today
« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 09:16:24 PM by Rollingrock »

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2021, 10:02:13 AM »
Jason, that was awesome!  Looks like one hell of a day!  I’ll take that white Aston please. 

Also, much better without transitions in my opinion but you already knew I’d feel that way.  Haha

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2021, 11:22:13 AM »
Jason, that was awesome!  Looks like one hell of a day!  I’ll take that white Aston please. 

Also, much better without transitions in my opinion but you already knew I’d feel that way.  Haha

Thanks Mike, i am going to invest in a Gimbal,  any suggestions?

Was looking at this one:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B094FF9PCQ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1YR2HCQCD0JMX&psc=1

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2021, 12:32:03 PM »

Was looking at this one:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B094FF9PCQ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1YR2HCQCD0JMX&psc=1
No suggestions.  I have not looked in to any.  I just assume I’d break one. 

What camera were you using inside the car? 

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2021, 05:12:03 PM »

Was looking at this one:

Roger that, I was using the GoPro 9

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2021, 05:13:46 PM »

Was looking at this one:

Your panning and angle changes were really smooth.  I thought for a second you were using a 360 cam but I didn’t see any of the warped affect they cause in tight areas. 

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2021, 10:58:12 PM »

Was looking at this one:

Your panning and angle changes were really smooth.  I thought for a second you were using a 360 cam but I didn’t see any of the warped affect they cause in tight areas. 

Thanks Mike, i did it all with this set up.  That's it.   I just moved it as smooth as I could.   With a Gimbal I would of been 10X better, i think.   Dunno

It could of been how I am using Final Cut Pro.  They have a few tools that make "jump cuts" way easy.   But still, I had to learn it.   

what surprises me more is the first 20 seconds...you must not of caught the color balancing shift.  Not sure how that happened but the first 10 seconds or so was totally flat.  I thought I had selected the whole clip to edit...you can see when the sky changes color that the the correction kicked in.  I am really bothered by that.  As sharp as you are, I am really shocked you didn't catch that.  Watch it again, you wil see the sky go from blah to sharp coloring.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
« Last Edit: December 23, 2021, 11:05:01 PM by Rollingrock »

* Recent Photos

IMG_0808.JPG

Views: 1
By: gipraw

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal