March 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: New Flex Cordless  (Read 2352 times)

Offline Robby32

• Café Member
New Flex Cordless
« on: November 30, 2021, 08:26:27 PM »
Merry Christmas to Me. :hp: 

Just ordered FLEX XCE 8-125 5.5 cordless

I have been using Meguiar's products for 25 years or so. and like them. They make a 5.5 inch pad which matches the backing plate for the Flex. Now would like some input on (other/better) choices for polishing/swirl removal etc. plus ceramic coatings. Willing to change but to what - I know a lot of members use Lack Country products or Poor Boys - and maybe some others.

RECOMMENDATIONS????

Thanks

P.S. One reason for the purchase is that a friend has ask me to detail his 2008 Lexus sedan - Lots of heavy swirls on hood and I imagine on the rest of the car also (he like the way my new Blazer looked). In the past only worked on my own stuff. Thus what should I ask for what to charge $ wise - to clay, remove swirls and polish (don't know if he wants wax or ceramic). Your estimates helpful.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 08:48:15 PM by Robby32 »

Offline gipraw

• Administrator
Re: New Flex Cordless
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2021, 12:00:18 AM »
Very nice. I’ve got the PXE 80 12-EC mini and love it.  Ive been wanting one of the 125.   

I’ve been using Menzerna polishes for years, and have been very happy with them.

Ceramics:  I use Gloss Shop Titan, Pho3nix, or Zenith, depending on length of protection desired.   Zenith is the easiest and most forgiving to apply of the three, while Titan is the most durable.

I also use Gtechniq C1 and it performs very well. 
================

Doug

Offline Robby32

• Café Member
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2021, 07:34:15 AM »
Thanks - Gipraw

Online Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2021, 01:42:28 PM »
Having detailed more Toyota products than I could count while working at a Toyota dealership - using my Flex 3401 - I have a few hints for you. First, the best heavy cut pad I found was the Chemical Guys Hex Logic Cutting pad. Good cut (with the right polish) and finishes out pretty well. You will need to follow up with something less aggressive to finish out though. I always had good luck with lake Country White pads for that.

As for polishes, for heavy correction, I like Menzerna Heavy Cut 400 Compound. For less aggressive correction and finishing, I like 3D One.

Hope that helps.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2021, 02:49:30 PM »
That Lexus is mostly likely going to have very hard paint.    The last one I did was a nightmare,  I had Gip on the phone at the dealership helping me....ended up using all Menzerna on it.  If you search the details page, look for the black LEXUS I had to correct not once but 3 flipping times. 

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

* Recent Photos

IMG_7626.JPG

Views: 1
By: Rollingrock

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal