March 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: Snow storm  (Read 16251 times)

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
Re: Snow storm
« Reply #105 on: March 30, 2021, 07:41:14 PM »
Whatever you do, I hope it all works out.

Getting back to the original subject of this thread, I just got a Winter Storm Advisory on my phone for us on Thursday. It says we might get up to 7" of snow. You predicted to get anything?

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #106 on: March 30, 2021, 08:23:10 PM »
Whatever you do, I hope it all works out.

Getting back to the original subject of this thread, I just got a Winter Storm Advisory on my phone for us on Thursday. It says we might get up to 7" of snow. You predicted to get anything?
A couple inches by Thursday morning. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #107 on: March 30, 2021, 08:23:55 PM »

Crap that is just miserable news.  Chicago is slated to be partly cloudy and 39* THUR.
- today was 70*

Are you sure it is not an advance april's fool joke ?
Steve

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #108 on: March 30, 2021, 08:51:28 PM »
Sounds like you guys are getting what we just had. Went from high 50’s to the teens a couple days ago. Warming back up now at least.

2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #109 on: March 31, 2021, 05:59:47 AM »
Sorry guys, the weather is my fault.  I’m going camping Friday.  I fully expect every time I go camping Mother Nature is going to hit me with one of these little gifts. 

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #110 on: April 02, 2021, 05:35:26 PM »
Hey, I made it and didn’t destroy my truck.  Have a good Easter weekend everyone!

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #111 on: April 02, 2021, 05:50:22 PM »
Good looking rig! Enjoy yourself!

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #112 on: April 02, 2021, 06:58:05 PM »
Enjoy!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #113 on: April 19, 2021, 02:59:56 PM »
We officially started work last week.  Of course so ended up missing the first day with a funeral but I feel like it all worked out in the end as far as this little story I’m about to tell.  Our first job was in Baltimore Maryland.  I missed the first day which set us back but also is the reason I was at a particular section of the job on my first day.  Halfway through the day I hear a truck hit the brakes and honk his horn.  I look up to see him almost hit a dog.  This dog is a splitting image of my Opie.  I watch the dog for a minute.  No color or leash and no one around walking her.  He almost gets hit again so I call her over and she reluctantly came crossed over to me.  I coaxed her in to my work truck and called animal control.  They said they can put me on a waiting list to be picked up.  So that convo went like this.

AC - we can put you on the waiting list for pick up.

Me - well how long will that be?

AC - maybe between 3 and 4 or possibly later in the afternoon

Me - I’m doing contruction and she is in my truck right now.  What do I do if I have to leave and you haven’t come yet?

AC - if you have to go, you can just let her back out and leave.

Me - after a long silence I repeated what they said in the form of a question

AC - yeah just let her back out in the street.  That’s the best thing to do.

I was dumb founded.  Said put me on the waiting list.  I hung up and told my coworker, I said here’s the deal, if they don’t get here. Wrote we leave, she’s going with us and I will bring her back tomorrow or we are delivering her to the shelter ourselves.  She was well cared for.  Very recent nail clipping and plenty fed.  One of the sweetest dogs I’ve ever met. 

Needless to say they got there pretty quick.  No chip.  No way to tell who she belonged to.  They took my info and took her away.  After three days she wasn’t claimed by anyone who might be missing her so the shelter took ownership.  She is available for adoption as soon as she is fixed.  Her surgery was this morning.  I talked my parents in to taking her and my sister is going to pick her up tomorrow when they open.  Unfortunately my work in Baltimore is over and I’m switching to very long nights and won’t have time to make the 5 hour round trip to get her.  And so can’t take her because of having two males.   It my parents just had a 15 year old dog put down and they now have a lonely pup who needs a friend. 

Here are a few pics.  In my effort to guilt trip everyone in my family I made a little collage of her and my Opie to hit them right in the feels!  It worked. 

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #114 on: April 19, 2021, 05:08:18 PM »
Sweet looking little girl!

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #115 on: April 19, 2021, 05:32:37 PM »
Glad you came across her!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #116 on: May 02, 2021, 03:21:05 PM »
So I did manage to talk my parents in to taking her in.  They had two elderly dogs that had to be put down months apart, leaving the youngest one without his best buddy.  I wasn’t able to go get her because of working nights they would only hold her for one extra day after she was officially available for adoption, which they wouldn’t do until she was fixed first.  My sister volunteered to make the 6 hour round trip to get her, being the first in line on her first day of availability.  She was able to successfully adopt her and she now lives with my parents and Her new brother Colby.  She is a HANDFUL!  Sweetest dog but just a ball of energy like I’ve never seen.  I think I dodged a bullet here!  Haha.  It’s their problem now.  She walks off with everything you set down if you’re not paying attention.  She took my dads drill while he was working on something.  Very cool dog though.  My mom named her Sasha for what it’s worth. 

* Recent Photos

Views: 7
By: Rockpick

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal