April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: Someone hit me......  (Read 4963 times)

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
Someone hit me......
« on: February 27, 2021, 03:56:49 PM »
Must of been a hard hit....have no idea where I got this but someone hit the shit out of my rear qtr panel...

It may be bad karma to have 2 cars at the body shop.....daughter was rear ended a few weeks back

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
Re: Someone hit me......
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2021, 05:37:21 PM »
Must of been a hard hit....have no idea where I got this but someone hit the shit out of my rear qtr panel...

It may be bad karma to have 2 cars at the body shop.....daughter was rear ended a few weeks back

Two negatives make a positive.  Don’t worry about it.  My truck is getting both bed sides replaced. 

That sucks though.  Hopefully bad karma is coming to the person who did the damage.  Unless it was one of your kids scared to tell you.  Then hopefully they get away with it.  Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2021, 05:41:22 PM »
Exactly what I was gonna say!

2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2021, 10:10:02 PM »
Yeah, guys I really don't know when/where this happened.  I rolled off the trail the other night and was like the f word!!!!!   My buddy was parked next to me, the first thing he said.   "wasn't me dude, I know better and I value my life".   

Sent same photos to my buddy at the body shop, he just quoted me 350 for all of my daughters door dings (one of them is my fault) and to put her front bumper back on properly....that was just the cast part, the insurance is kicking in 2500 bucks for body work from her accident.   (She was hit from behind by a 16 year old)

I post up photos. 

My buddy said, probably 1200 to fix this dent on my truck.   probably just going to pay cash for it.   UGH.   

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2021, 10:13:41 PM »
Yeah, guys I really don't know when/where this happened.  I rolled off the trail the other night and was like the f word!!!!!   My buddy was parked next to me, the first thing he said.   "wasn't me dude, I know better and I value my life".   

Sent same photos to my buddy at the body shop, he just quoted me 350 for all of my daughters door dings (one of them is my fault) and to put her front bumper back on properly....that was just the cast part, the insurance is kicking in 2500 bucks for body work from her accident.   (She was hit from behind by a 16 year old)

I post up photos. 

My buddy said, probably 1200 to fix this dent on my truck.   probably just going to pay cash for it.   UGH.   
Would that fall under comprehensive?  I’ve always carried a $0 deductible for comprehensive and anything that falls under comprehensive insurance doesn’t affect your rates moving forward.  Collision on the other hand has a high deductible for me and could raise my rates for a while.  That’s why I’m glad my truck is being covered under comp for this one.  Hoping they don’t change that. 

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2021, 11:28:47 PM »

I post up photos. 

Would that fall under comprehensive?  I’ve always carried a $0 deductible for comprehensive and anything that falls under comprehensive insurance doesn’t affect your rates moving forward.  Collision on the other hand has a high deductible for me and could raise my rates for a while.  That’s why I’m glad my truck is being covered under comp for this one.  Hoping they don’t change that. 

Not sure, I hve to look at policy...i carry higher rates b/c I sometimes carry "customers" in my truck...but will ask insurance.  I am actually ok with spending the cash vs having my truck have a bad car fax.   

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2021, 07:03:18 AM »

I post up photos. 

Not sure, I hve to look at policy...i carry higher rates b/c I sometimes carry "customers" in my truck...but will ask insurance.  I am actually ok with spending the cash vs having my truck have a bad car fax.
I can understand that.  I wouldn’t personally worry about it too much because a lot of things don’t ever get reported to carfax.  I’m pretty sure it’s not law to report damage to carfax.  It’s up to the repair shop I think.  If $1200 boys you that piece of mind though, I can understand that and I’m not going to argue. 

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2021, 07:05:54 PM »
Pay cash and get it done. I’m doing the same for the X5.

2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2021, 08:22:46 PM »
After 2 months.....a proper bath....now you can really see the dent and scratch.    And anyone spy anything unique on the tractor?   

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2021, 10:22:21 AM »
Well there’s the glaringly obvious PB keychain.  But I was more wondering what the red wire was running from under the seat to the front somewhere.  I can just imagine a huge curved light at on the front twice as wide as the hood. 

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2021, 11:03:12 AM »
Well there’s the glaringly obvious PB keychain.  But I was more wondering what the red wire was running from under the seat to the front somewhere.  I can just imagine a huge curved light at on the front twice as wide as the hood. 

That is the temp power wire for my 30gallon sprayer...But yes I did convert the headlights to LED and I do have a small 10 inch light bar I may put on there just for the hell of it. 

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2021, 04:11:53 PM »

That is the temp power wire for my 30gallon sprayer...But yes I did convert the headlights to LED and I do have a small 10 inch light bar I may put on there just for the hell of it.
Because you mow at night how often?

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2021, 04:47:26 PM »

Because you mow at night how often?
How dare you question his frivolity!

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2021, 05:36:37 PM »
Actually, we do sometimes mow at night especially late in the season when we lose light.  The LED headlights work pretty well but a light bar...now that is just awesome stuff right now.   I may order up a wire harness for it and put it on a remote so I don't have to wire in a switch. 

LOL

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2021, 06:35:30 PM »
Actually, we do sometimes mow at night especially late in the season when we lose light.  The LED headlights work pretty well but a light bar...now that is just awesome stuff right now.   I may order up a wire harness for it and put it on a remote so I don't have to wire in a switch. 

LOL
You should just hook it up to a motion sensor so every time you get near it, it lights up to let you know it’s thinking about you too. 

* Recent Photos

IMG_5252.JPG

Views: 3
By: Old Dogg™

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal