April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: Snow storm  (Read 17920 times)

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
Re: Snow storm
« Reply #90 on: March 25, 2021, 06:16:02 PM »
Holy crap Batman! I'd be talking to the body shop about that little oopsie. No excuse for that.  :dope:

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #91 on: March 25, 2021, 06:31:16 PM »
I obviously tightened them all up, minus the one that’s not there.  Otherwise the truck looks good.  The tonneau was replaced with and OEM “Ford” tonneau.  It’s ok.  It mounts on top of the bed rails opposed to the inside of it.  It makes it look a little weird.  More like an add on rather than integrated in to the truck.  It’s fine though.  The bed liner is very nice.  No complaints there.  The paint looks pretty good but I won’t be surprised if I find flaws later.  The work is guaranteed for life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #92 on: March 25, 2021, 06:32:44 PM »
Holy crap Batman! I'd be talking to the body shop about that little oopsie. No excuse for that.  :dope:
That was the whole reason for the videos and I took some pictures of the bolts as well.  I will contact the guy I’ve been dealing with tomorrow. 

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #93 on: March 25, 2021, 07:11:19 PM »
Glad you got it back!  That fender is more than just a little oppsie. Someone probably got them finger tight and then went for a coffee.

2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #94 on: March 25, 2021, 07:21:38 PM »
Glad you got it back!  That fender is more than just a little oppsie. Someone probably got them finger tight and then went for a coffee.

I’m mostly curious what happened to the missing one.  Did it fall out because it wasn’t tight or was it never put it?  I’ll never now.

I do t think I mentioned, it ended up being $2,000 more than the estimate.  Grand total $8,035.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #95 on: March 25, 2021, 07:33:32 PM »
Does surprise my honestly.

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #96 on: March 25, 2021, 09:00:37 PM »
Glad you got it back. 
The bolts, I would agree it was coffee break time and write it off as don't use that shop again ( don't reference them ).
- The missing one rattled off on the way home.

All in all, things turned out pretty good  :clap:
Steve

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #97 on: March 26, 2021, 08:32:07 AM »
Glad you got it back. 
The bolts, I would agree it was coffee break time and write it off as don't use that shop again ( don't reference them ).
- The missing one rattled off on the way home.

All in all, things turned out pretty good  :clap:
I do feel the bolt rattled out but it wouldn’t surprise me if they lost one and just skipped it to get the truck out of the shop.

I am impressed the truck was done over a week early.  Their communication was excellent.  The welds and paint appear to be well done and all of the work is guaranteed for life.  If there is anything I dont like, I can take it back.  I don’t feel like one employee failing to do his job correctly, likely honest reasons, should warrant bad reviews or not recommending them.  It was an overall good experience.  I know I’ve had slip ups and made mistakes at my job that resulted in less than acceptable work and I would hate for someone not to recommend us based on something I missed.  I think it will come down to how they respond to the situation, attitude and willingness to make it right, even though it’s already taken care of but I know I would appreciate a customer of ours giving us the same opportunity. 

That said, burn me twice...

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #98 on: March 29, 2021, 06:31:01 PM »
Ok so I need to know what you guys think.  I glanced out of the side mirror at the truck today after hitting a rough spot of highway, which isn’t the point, but something caught my eye.  How much would this bother you?  Is it worth making a big deal about and having the truck be down?  I can’t help but think it’s almost like starting over to fix it.  The passenger side bed side tapers inward right before it reaches the cab.  Looking directly from the side it looks perfect.  Looking down the side from the front is pretty noticeable and from the back is noticeable when comparing it to the other side. 

Drivers side

Passenger Side

Drivers Side (it looks strange in this picture but it’s an illusion created by the gap between the bed and cab)

Passenger side. 

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #99 on: March 29, 2021, 09:47:04 PM »
Do you have another of the same year to compare ?

I don't know if that is welded wrong or just not installed on the truck correctly.

I would guess they had the bed off when they welded them on, and did it correctly. 

I don't know how the bed mounts but I would think there is a bit of room to adjust it ????
- I only have supposition and conjecture

Steve

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #100 on: March 29, 2021, 10:15:14 PM »
My honest opinion is they did it wrong. Probably cut too much of the originals at the front plate and tried to make it work.

It’s really hard to tell by the pics, but looks like the passenger side is worse and that would drive me nuts. If they could at least shift the bed over and have both side even, it might make me feel a little bit better.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #101 on: March 30, 2021, 09:16:49 AM »
My honest opinion is they did it wrong. Probably cut too much of the originals at the front plate and tried to make it work.

It’s really hard to tell by the pics, but looks like the passenger side is worse and that would drive me nuts. If they could at least shift the bed over and have both side even, it might make me feel a little bit better.

Do you have another of the same year to compare ?

I don't know if that is welded wrong or just not installed on the truck correctly.

I would guess they had the bed off when they welded them on, and did it correctly. 

I don't know how the bed mounts but I would think there is a bit of room to adjust it ????
- I only have supposition and conjecture

The passenger side is much worse.  The drivers side is just about perfect when looking at it in person.  Definitely not something I’m going to concern myself with.  The passenger side is what I’m torn on.  If it comes down to cutting it off and fixing it, it’ll be a repaint, more waiting on pinstripes.  More down time with my truck.  If you tried to center the bed it would just make them both off.  I’d be really curious to see what one looks like from the factory. 

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #102 on: March 30, 2021, 11:30:51 AM »
They are often off from the factory, most people just don't notice. I moved and centered the bed on my truck a long time ago. Had to move the bumper too (Stock one at the time)

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #103 on: March 30, 2021, 06:37:23 PM »
Personally, that would bother me. Especially since every time you look in the mirror, you see the mis-alignment. I'd also agree that the real fix probably involves cutting, welding and paint - unfortunately. Are you going to take it back and show the shop that did it?

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #104 on: March 30, 2021, 06:45:13 PM »
Personally, that would bother me. Especially since every time you look in the mirror, you see the mis-alignment. I'd also agree that the real fix probably involves cutting, welding and paint - unfortunately. Are you going to take it back and show the shop that did it?
Whatever I decide, they will Atleast know of the situation.  Like I said, the guy I dealt with was fantastic.  However he is not the one doing the work.  I feel I need to atleast inform him of the quality of work that I experience.  I may never know if anything comes of it but I know if any of my guys messed something up at work, I would want to know and have the chance to make it right or discipline as necessary.  I’m just not sure if I want to go through the process of dropping the truck off for who knows how long and having to play musical trucks. 

* Recent Photos

t

Views: 7
By: Rollingrock

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal