1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: Snow storm  (Read 16252 times)

Offline sscully

• Café Member
Re: Snow storm
« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2021, 09:31:33 AM »

They called again with another update.  It’s going well so far.  The new bed sides are being welded on today and it should go in to paint on Monday.

They are making nice progress with it, you should have it back by end of week at this rate.

Has it been a problem not having the truck for work last week and this coming week ?
Steve

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2021, 09:48:26 AM »

They called again with another update.  It’s going well so far.  The new bed sides are being welded on today and it should go in to paint on Monday.

They are making nice progress with it, you should have it back by end of week at this rate.

Has it been a problem not having the truck for work last week and this coming week ?
No.  I am using a work truck and I’m not back to work yet.  I did work two days this week but we aren’t officially back for the season. Also Cassie is training for a new position within her company so they gave her a company vehicle to commute with so her car is sitting at home if so need it for anything.

I think it will slow down once they get in to the paint.  Prep work and drying time.  And then the little things that don’t take long necessarily but have an order to follow like bed liner, tonneau cover, bed rail caps, pin striping, etc. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: March 16, 2021, 11:19:38 AM »
I get updates on tuesdays and thursdays.  Just got off the phone and he said it’s in paint.  Pinstriping is still on back order.  Whatever.  More concerning is the mounting hardware for the fenders is also on back order until June.  They have 18 out of the 24 pieces they need.  So waiting on 6.  Apparently they have Ford checking other dealerships everywhere trying to source them.  I asked if this was going to be a problem and he seemed concerned and in the same breath said the guys doing the work didnt seem concerned.  Seems to be ahead of schedule otherwise.

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
Snow storm
« Reply #78 on: March 18, 2021, 09:16:00 AM »
They were able to get all of the hardware for the dual lay fenders.  It’s back together and the truck was dropped off at the shop to have the bed lined. It had the factory bed liner which isn’t an after sale option and the shop can’t blend it to look right so the entire bed is being redone.  Fine by me.  Especially since I know this shop and they do awesome work.  They have their own proprietary mix they use and I really like it.  Only downside is the local Line-X place ran out of product so they are getting everyone’s business and are back logged.  It’s currently officially scheduled for NEXT Friday.  Still way ahead of schedule but supposedly it’s been offered up as overtime to be done after hours to any of the employees that want the overtime so it’s possible it gets done early.  Pin stripes still aren’t in.  After the bed liner is should just be a matter of the plastic bed rail caps and the tonneau cover being installed. 

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #79 on: March 18, 2021, 11:51:03 AM »
Sounds like you'll be able to drive it when you need it!

So when are you guys moving to Tennessee?  :nana:
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #80 on: March 18, 2021, 01:59:03 PM »
Sounds like you'll be able to drive it when you need it!

So when are you guys moving to Tennessee?  :nana:
I love Tennessee.  If it wasn’t for my parents and if I could make similar money, I would consider it.  I love a little over a half hour from my parents now and my mom thinks it’s too far to visit.  I think she’s only been to my house maybe 3 times in the last four years, since we moved in.  Cassie also has a niece and nephew she wouldn’t want to be too far from.  Coincidentally she wouldn’t mind moving away from her parents at all.  Haha.  I know you were kidding but it’s crossed my mind quite a bit. 

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2021, 04:55:23 PM »
I drove past the bed lining shop to see if my truck was parked outside waiting it’s turn.  I wanted to get out and look at it but it was parked inside one of the garages.  The bay door was open but it was pretty far in so I just pulled out.  Hopefully that’s a sign that it’s getting ready to be worked on. 

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #82 on: March 20, 2021, 05:23:32 PM »
Stalker! Lol.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #83 on: March 20, 2021, 06:41:22 PM »
Stalker! Lol.

I apologize for nothing!  Haha

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #84 on: March 23, 2021, 07:16:21 PM »
Shop called today with my Tuesday update.  Apparently the truck is done at the bed liner shop and was being picked up today.  The pin stripe actually came in.  The truck should be finished and ready for pick up tomorrow afternoon. 

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #85 on: March 23, 2021, 08:09:01 PM »
Great news!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #86 on: March 24, 2021, 06:29:53 PM »
They did finish it up today.  I didn’t go get it though.  It’s kind of a pain in the ass because the shop isn’t near my house or my work and I have a work truck I’m using now so trying to play musical chairs with trucks wasn’t something I felt like dealing with this afternoon in the pouring rain.  The shop is on my coworkers way home so after our job tomorrow I’m going to have him drop me off that way my work truck can stay at work and I don’t have to figure out a way to get it back there.

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #87 on: March 24, 2021, 08:02:34 PM »
Yipee!  :clap:

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #88 on: March 25, 2021, 11:55:43 AM »
Steve

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #89 on: March 25, 2021, 06:09:37 PM »
Picked up the truck today.  Looked great.  Got in and felt like home.  Me and Cassie are looking at it in the garage and there’s a gap in the fender where it meets the bed.  I give it a little push to see if it moves, damn thing feels like it’s about to fall off.  Every bolt was loose and one isn’t even there. 

* Recent Photos

Russian Diver

Views: 4
By: hwm3

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal