April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: Snow storm  (Read 17438 times)

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
Re: Snow storm
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2021, 06:02:59 PM »
I could remind you about what I did to the wife’s X5...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2021, 06:15:36 PM »
I could remind you about what I did to the wife’s X5...

Please do. 

Cassie’s aunt who we went to visit is literally the most positive person on the planet.  You would never expect someone who’s been through what their family has been through to be half as positive as they are. I didn’t even have enough time to hang my head in shame.  Literally less than 10 seconds after it happened her exact words (she’s famous for this line) were “It’ll be alright” in her southern accent.  It didn’t help at the time.  At all.  The quieter I got, the more she laughed and told me it’s be alright.  Gotta love it.

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2021, 06:24:20 PM »
I went on a pizza run (literally could have just walked there).

Backed out of our driveway and directly into a friends POS Ford Focus. His mirror was solid and ran a crease from the tail light to the drivers rear door handle and somehow ended in a dent the size of your face. Also scratch the flare. $8k in damage to the X5. I bought a $40 wrecker mirror for my buddies car and installed it, you would never know, lol.
I’ve given it a little home brew PDR love and a aggressive polish, but not sure if I’ll even fox it proper or just send to auction.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2021, 06:24:52 PM »
Also, in regards to tuning the truck, I’ve read some posts that make me believe companies are still doing the delete tunes but you can’t order them that way from the websites.  You need to call and talk to them.  I hope that’s the case.  I don’t have emissions here so hopefully I can get this done. 

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2021, 06:29:32 PM »
Call a Canadian company, no EPS jurisdiction up here...

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2021, 06:30:06 PM »
I went on a pizza run (literally could have just walked there).

Backed out of our driveway and directly into a friends POS Ford Focus. His mirror was solid and ran a crease from the tail light to the drivers rear door handle and somehow ended in a dent the size of your face. Also scratch the flare. $8k in damage to the X5. I bought a $40 wrecker mirror for my buddies car and installed it, you would never know, lol.
I’ve given it a little home brew PDR love and a aggressive polish, but not sure if I’ll even fox it proper or just send to auction.

Well crap.  That sucks.  I remember you having damaged the X5 but I don’t recall how you did it.  I don’t think any of my issue can be improved with a buffer.  The guy we stayed with down in Tennessee never fails to spend my money.  He’s the reason I have a side by side and we have a smoker.  He wants me to put a flatbed on it.  Haha. I like flatbeds but I think the bed looks clean and slick and I use the bed sides for stuff.  I’m more inclined right now to leave the insurance company to just repair it.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2021, 06:37:46 PM »
By the way, Jason, if you read this, when you have time maybe consider pulling out your EGTs and apply high temp anti seize.  Make sure it’s a nickel based anti seize and not copper.  Copper supposedly turns to concrete in high exhaust like temps.  And maybe carry a code reader and a spare EGT or two should you throw a code.  It should have been an easy 5 minute fix. 

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2021, 07:07:49 PM »
I guess I should mention that not everything that week sucked.  It was stupid cold out though.  Especially on the mountain.  We got out for two short rides.  I have some video but my GoPro decided to crap out on me for unknown reasons at the best part.  I will try to get to the video sometime this week. 

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2021, 07:10:04 PM »
Part of the reason for the short ride the second time out was that we couldn’t stay warm.  Neither of us has an enclosed cab or even windshields.  The mud was freezing to the machines and our brakes didn’t work.  Haha. 

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2021, 07:30:03 PM »
By the way, Jason, if you read this, when you have time maybe consider pulling out your EGTs and apply high temp anti seize.  Make sure it’s a nickel based anti seize and not copper.  Copper supposedly turns to concrete in high exhaust like temps.  And maybe carry a code reader and a spare EGT or two should you throw a code.  It should have been an easy 5 minute fix. 

Was this for me?   I haven't been following this thread as much sorry.   
Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2021, 07:38:39 PM »

Yes.  It was for you.  Nobody else I believe is running a diesel with EGTs.  Maybe Dave but it may be too late for him.  Yours being a 19, you may still be able to get them out.  It’s very much worth it.  I had a mess on my hands and very little time to fix it. 

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2021, 08:44:45 PM »

Man I must be either drunk or sunburned more than I think or what.but I don't know what you are referring too here, when I set EGT;s Exhuast Gas Temps come to mind. 

Yes.  It was for you.  Nobody else I believe is running a diesel with EGTs.  Maybe Dave but it may be too late for him.  Yours being a 19, you may still be able to get them out.  It’s very much worth it.  I had a mess on my hands and very little time to fix it. 

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2021, 08:47:16 PM »

Man I must be either drunk or sunburned more than I think or what.but I don't know what you are referring too here, when I set EGT;s Exhuast Gas Temps come to mind. 

Haha.  Yes.  This thread took a turn.  Short explanation, I threw a code, it was an EGT failure.  Plug was so stuck in exhaust pipe I had to drill a new hole to replace it while leaving the original in.  If you have the time, add anti seize to yours, carry a spare, a wrench and a code reader before you’re stranded on the side of the road waiting for a tow truck over a 5 minute fix. 

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2021, 08:57:10 PM »
oh snap ok, does that affect 19's?  If so, do yo have link to that part....and is it worth predrilling and having it ready? 

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2021, 09:01:58 PM »
oh snap ok, does that affect 19's?  If so, do yo have link to that part....and is it worth predrilling and having it ready?
I imagine it affects any diesel since they all have EGTs.  They are next to impossible to get out.  Since yours isn’t that old I’d recommended finding time to pull them out and apply anti seize.  Ford dealer says they soak them in penetrating fluid for a minimum of three days before even wrenching on them.  I wouldn’t drill in to a super expensive part unless you need to.  I had to weld a nut on to thread the new sensor in.  Not exactly a road side fix.  However unscrewing one and screwing a new one in is very simple.  My part was $52.  Her family member had a code reader at home to tell me what sensor it was.  There are 4, Atleast on my truck.  They’re all the same just located in different places on he exhaust.

* Recent Photos

07 Tahoe

Views: 0
By: GeraldRooney

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal