April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: Snow storm  (Read 17912 times)

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
Re: Snow storm
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2021, 12:18:57 PM »
Lol.....fun thread

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2021, 10:18:23 PM »
Tom, I had a mysterious Chewy package show up on Friday.  You know anything about that? 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2021, 02:50:03 PM »
Tom, I had a mysterious Chewy package show up on Friday.  You know anything about that? 

I have absolutely no idea who would have sent that.  :funny:

Let me check with Herbie.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 02:51:50 PM by Too Stroked »

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2021, 06:53:41 PM »

Tom, you shouldn’t have but thank you.  So it was funny.  It got delivered to the neighbors house.  Go figure.  My neighbor brought it over while I was outside and talked to me for about an hour.  I never questioned the box because I figured Cassie ordered something.  Took it in and Cassie didnt question it at first because she thought I ordered something.  We eventually just looked at each other a little confused.  I opened it up and was very confused.  It took me a second to put two and two together. 

That undercoat brush... I opened it and my dogs looked frightened of it.  I used it for a second to see what they would do and they both started following me around begging me to keep brushing them.  The chew toys that look like sticks, I’ve had them before and the dogs loved them.  Cassie would get mad because they would make a mess and I would always laugh but they chewed them down to nothing practically.  I never bought them again because I didn’t want to get bitched at so I’m glad you did it!  Haha

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2021, 09:02:43 PM »
 :funny:
Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2021, 03:48:27 PM »

Tom, you shouldn’t have but thank you.  So it was funny.  It got delivered to the neighbors house.  Go figure.  My neighbor brought it over while I was outside and talked to me for about an hour.  I never questioned the box because I figured Cassie ordered something.  Took it in and Cassie didnt question it at first because she thought I ordered something.  We eventually just looked at each other a little confused.  I opened it up and was very confused.  It took me a second to put two and two together. 

That undercoat brush... I opened it and my dogs looked frightened of it.  I used it for a second to see what they would do and they both started following me around begging me to keep brushing them.  The chew toys that look like sticks, I’ve had them before and the dogs loved them.  Cassie would get mad because they would make a mess and I would always laugh but they chewed them down to nothing practically.  I never bought them again because I didn’t want to get bitched at so I’m glad you did it!  Haha

Mike,

Stella, Herbie and I are glad we were able to return the favor. I know how much your dogs mean to you and we were hoping you liked everything. Herbie was a little nervous when I fist used that comb / brush on him, but now he loves it. It's the only thing I've found (so far) that cuts down on the dog hair in the truck. Speaking of which, can you believe I now allow dog hair in my truck?

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2021, 07:38:42 PM »
Tom, my truck is not nearly as maintained like it used to be when it came to being clean.  The dirt road took its toll on me and wore me down.  That’s where it all started and not the inside is muddy half the time and theirs dog drool on all the windows. 

I have a whole mess of other problems with the truck right now.  It has not been the greatest week.  If I had hair, I’d be pulling it out right now. 

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2021, 06:40:07 AM »
Tom, my truck is not nearly as maintained like it used to be when it came to being clean.  The dirt road took its toll on me and wore me down.  That’s where it all started and not the inside is muddy half the time and theirs dog drool on all the windows. 

I have a whole mess of other problems with the truck right now.  It has not been the greatest week.  If I had hair, I’d be pulling it out right now. 

Ugh. Sorry to hear that. Anything I can help with? I have hair if you want me to pull it out.  :om:

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2021, 10:46:28 AM »

Ugh. Sorry to hear that. Anything I can help with? I have hair if you want me to pull it out.  :om:
I have beard hair I can pull out so I guess for now I’m good. 

I had been stressing myself out beyond belief for weeks before our Tennessee trip and for whatever reason I am suffering from a lot of anxiety for quite some time now.  It was the First time pulling the camper.  Over 10 hour drive away and we kept getting dumped on.  My truck is awful in the snow by itself and I had no idea if I would even get it out of the driveway with the camper.  I did.  The drive down was long.  It ended up being 13 hours of driving because the first 9 hours were in freezing rain.  We got there alright but I had little sleep the night before and all that driving and gloomy weather wore me out.  We had just pulled in to our spot and are reacquainting with Cassie’s family we haven’t seen in two years.  Made a huge bonehead mistake and dropped the camper on my bed.  Camper is fine, bed is toast.  Finished crying and setting up.  Next morning, check engine light.  Half way through the week we pull out of camp and go to their house and live out of the camper there.  Truck seems under powered while pulling the camper there and not making enough boost.  Put the code reader on it, EGT sensor is the culprit.  Dealership had one for $50.  Soak it over night in penetrating fluid and get after it the next day.  Someone had previously completely rounded the sensor nut.  Can’t budge it and end up breaking it.  Has to be drilled out so either remove the bed for access or remove the exhaust.  Exhaust bolts are always fun.  OR, in the 11th hour, drill a hole right next to the stuck one and weld a nut on to serve as a new bung.  Presto, half hour later truck is running right.  Pulled great coming home.  However, can’t get it up my driveway.  With so much snow and the way it’s plowed, my truck currently sits stuck half way up.  I can’t get it around the turn.  No idea what I’m going to do with that yet. For a while now I’ve smelled subtle hints of tranny fluid.  At first I thought it was antifreeze but it’s tranny.  It was really bad though while attempting 50 times to get the camper up my driveway.  So now I have that t ideal with also.  I also need to find a company that will tune my truck to delete the emissions stuff because those EGTs are next to impossible to change and will leave you disabled on the side of the road.  The truck doesn’t care where you are or what you’re towing. 

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2021, 11:59:50 AM »
Holy crap Mike, that is a horrible series of events.

Get some chains for your outer rear tires and you make it to the house.

The emissions stuff is getting harder, but I thought Manufacturers had to improve the warranty on those systems to help.

2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
Snow storm
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2021, 01:00:11 PM »
Holy crap Mike, that is a horrible series of events.

Get some chains for your outer rear tires and you make it to the house.

The emissions stuff is getting harder, but I thought Manufacturers had to improve the warranty on those systems to help.

I was so tired the evening we got to camp. Running on very little sleep.  The sun had set and it was just about dark while we starting setting up.  We were chatting it up with her family we hadn’t seen in a long time while we went about our business.  It was a perfect storm of events for my brain to shut down at the worst possible time.  I’m so mad at myself and I have no one and nothing to blame. 

I just came in from getting the trailer parked.  That’s a weight off of my shoulders.  I thought I was going to have to go drop it in a parking lot somewhere for a month or so until we melted.  Chains wouldn’t have helped.  The heavy camper on a gravel incline and a turn was the biggest problem.  The snow being plowed multiple times left embankments that I kept getting hung up on and buried in.  I had to hand shovel some of the inside of the turn to get the camper tighter because the truck kept swinging to the outside of the turn and getting stuck and sliding. 

The warranty has been extended on Fords for the EGT sensors.  That sounds good on paper but it doesn’t help when you’re on the side of the road with a trailer in tow and it screws up whatever it is you got going on.  Some guys have reported getting a message telling them to pull over immediately and then the truck shuts off before they have time.  I was lucky that I could still drive but what happens if I’m half way to my campsite 10 hours away and my truck shuts off and strands me and the camper,  I’d rather get rid of all the crap.  I don’t NEED the extra power but I do need the reliability. 

Also, now that I’m unhooked, off the grade of the driveway and parked on level ground in the garage, I was able to Atleast check the tranny fluid.  It looks good and red and is within operating levels.  I’ve smelled this before (not to this extent) and have looked in the garage for oil marks but I’ve never seen any.  If it’s leaking, I’m not sure where.  I’m going to have to get under and feel around. 

« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 01:02:34 PM by Kitzy »

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2021, 02:48:30 PM »
First of all, I'm glad you got it unstuck. Second, I'd be changing the tranny fluid pretty quick. Now about that "destroyed" bed? Not being a 5th wheeler, how does one do that?

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2021, 03:41:39 PM »
First of all, I'm glad you got it unstuck. Second, I'd be changing the tranny fluid pretty quick. Now about that "destroyed" bed? Not being a 5th wheeler, how does one do that?
Well most people dont do a tug test after hooking up so the jaws of the hitch that go around the pin on the camper aren’t properly locked closed and when you go to pull out, the camper comes out of the hitch, slides off the top of the hitch plate and crashes on to the bed rails.  Now, on to the part I don’t want to talk about.  So what I did was just reached over and yanked open the handle for the jaws that hold the pin in the hitch before lowering the landing gear.  With nothing stopping the camper from moving, it pushed itself out of the hitch.  Had I put the landing gear down like I was supposed to there wouldn’t be a problem. 

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2021, 05:29:14 PM »
Honest mistake when you’re tired and distracted Bud. It sucks big time, but don’t beat yourself up about.

2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2021, 05:43:57 PM »
So you're human. We've all made errors at least that ugly in the past - and lived to laugh about it. Glad you're ok!

* Recent Photos

Views: 6
By: Rollingrock

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal