Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: Mt biking video  (Read 52141 times)

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
Re: Mt biking video
« Reply #405 on: July 19, 2021, 06:40:48 PM »
Wow, I'm pretty rusty and this was trying a bunch of different stuff to learn more about Devinci resolve the music is pretty terrible, but enjoy!

https://youtu.be/tHfOYrfY_tQ
Was that mounted to you or a buddy?  I assumed that was you loading up on the back of your truck at one point. 

I’m not sure if it’s just on my end but it was fairly grainy video.  YouTube said it was 1080 though so I don’t know.  Maybe I just have a poor connection currently.  I will say though that the image stabilization was working over time.  Horizon stayed really level and even side to side, as the GoPro tries to smooth it out and play catch up and recenter itself in the frame, it looked like you were heading right for trees.  Was freaking me out a bit.  My mind goes to off-roading in the sxs and I see clipped tires and broken tie rods.  Haha. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #406 on: July 19, 2021, 09:37:03 PM »
Camera was on my buddies Helmet, I didn't have a place to mount on the one I was wearing.

You are 100% correct, looks grainy on Youtube. I tried rendering in 1080p MP4 and I guess that was a bad idea. The vid on my laptop does look much better, but still not great.

Raw footage on the GP was 2.7k and 4k on the Drone.

Maybe I'll try a custom output or even Quicktime @1080 to see what it looks like.
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #407 on: July 19, 2021, 11:01:48 PM »
Looks like I made a couple of mistakes. The Drone footage is 25fps, but my timeline was set for 30, so the drone footage is choppy not matter what.

I did a .mov export and it looks MUCH cleaner on my laptop, but still not great on Youtube. Let me know what you think.
https://youtu.be/Br0-lj-lQV0

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #408 on: July 21, 2021, 04:24:32 PM »
Looks like I made a couple of mistakes. The Drone footage is 25fps, but my timeline was set for 30, so the drone footage is choppy not matter what.

I did a .mov export and it looks MUCH cleaner on my laptop, but still not great on Youtube. Let me know what you think.
https://youtu.be/Br0-lj-lQV0

I am confused as hell, is this drone footage or GoPro. ?
Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #409 on: July 21, 2021, 04:34:27 PM »
90% GoPro and just the landscape and “flyby”
With the Drone.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #410 on: July 21, 2021, 07:14:18 PM »
Yeah that was much better! 

Those highlights were pretty blown out with the drone.  I find it pretty difficult to dial the exposure in out in the field, especially when using a phone that might not be bright enough to see on a bright day. It might help to use the histogram as a base to make sure nothing is blown out or too under exposed.  But it’s easier to bring the shadows out than it is to recover the highlights. 

Cool video though! 

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #411 on: July 21, 2021, 08:06:23 PM »
Yeah that was much better! 

Those highlights were pretty blown out with the drone.  I find it pretty difficult to dial the exposure in out in the field, especially when using a phone that might not be bright enough to see on a bright day. It might help to use the histogram as a base to make sure nothing is blown out or too under exposed.  But it’s easier to bring the shadows out than it is to recover the highlights. 

Cool video though! 

Good point on the exposure. I let it go full auto this time as I didn’t have luck with getting my “usual” manual settings to look decent at all. I’m going to try and sneak away for some practice this weekend and see if I can put some of the YouTube lessons to work, lol.

Learned a little bit more on timeline set up when dropping in different camera footage. Hopefully I can do better next time.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #412 on: July 23, 2021, 04:00:15 PM »
I grabbed a basic filter kit and have to play with it. I've never done filters before, so I think this will be interesting.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #413 on: July 23, 2021, 05:08:30 PM »
I grabbed a basic filter kit and have to play with it. I've never done filters before, so I think this will be interesting.
It’s almost a guess at which to use.  Takes practice to know what filter to run to get your shutter speed right.  If you test fit one on the ground in a shady area and take the drone up and the Sunnis blaring, you’ll find it’s not the right one.  Pain in the ass but worth it if you can dial it in.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #414 on: July 23, 2021, 05:21:44 PM »
I figure I’m just gonna have to play with them and get a sense of what one to at least try first based on conditions and what I trying to shoot. I have a couple weeks off in August, so trying to line up a few things to play with.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #415 on: July 23, 2021, 09:51:45 PM »
With the Drone.

Had to go back and watch it again.   Adding any drone or gopro sure does add a lot of elements to the rides don't it?   It can be frustrating for me.   Especially in a group.   
Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #416 on: July 24, 2021, 12:48:54 PM »
With the Drone.

Had to go back and watch it again.   Adding any drone or gopro sure does add a lot of elements to the rides don't it?   It can be frustrating for me.   Especially in a group.
Really have to a lot for more time. I usually only go out with one or two buddies, so they say they will just session a section of trail while I play with my toys, lol.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #417 on: July 24, 2021, 01:34:21 PM »
With the Drone.

What’s frustrating is everyone is always waiting on you and to top it off, you are rarely even the subject of the videos.  POV doesn’t tell the whole story especially when you factor in image stabilization. 

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #418 on: July 25, 2021, 08:46:16 AM »
Yup, you can’t get even a decent sense of how steep some of those trails are and the 2+foot drops look like you’ve just rode over a little root on the trail, lol.

I dusted off a old iPad mini and bought a remote mount for it. Just need the longer cable. Hopefully it will make it easier to see what’s going on when flying

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #419 on: July 25, 2021, 09:50:45 AM »
Yup, you can’t get even a decent sense of how steep some of those trails are and the 2+foot drops look like you’ve just rode over a little root on the trail, lol.

I dusted off a old iPad mini and bought a remote mount for it. Just need the longer cable. Hopefully it will make it easier to see what’s going on when flying

One thing I really like about all this new image stabilization is it takes out all of the jitteriness and vibrations.  For motorsports, it’s great because just idle vibrations would send the old GoPro’s so far out of wack it was almost unusable.  But now at the same time, when cruising down a trail, you don’t get any of that sense of harshness that you feel in the moment.  Horizon lock brings its own downsides.  I love horizon lock for being able to really focus on things visually and take in the scenes but when you look at it from POV you don’t get any of that off camber feel that gets your blood pumping when you’re out there.  What I noticed with my old hero 7, which was the first major leap in stabilization, was when mounted to my cage, the cage would be moving in the field of view almost like someone was holding the camera and it wasn’t fixed to the cage.  That was the image stabilization going to work but I thought it was cool because it did give me some of that feeling back.  So I guess one method would be to have an angle that shows some of the subject in the foreground because the stabilization is going to have that moving all around the field of view.

* Recent Photos

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal