1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: Mt biking video  (Read 52056 times)

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
Re: Mt biking video
« Reply #360 on: April 29, 2021, 09:26:00 AM »
My biggest complaint with the iPhone is probably the screen sensitivity and accuracy to touch.  It’s maddeningly frustrating trying to tap on specific areas.  It’s especially noticeable when trying to place the text cursor somewhere in your text to edit a typo or something.  I usually give up and end up deleting entire lines of text just to edit a single letter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is odd for sure, b.c I am having the total opposite reaction to the screen, I feel like I can type 200% better on this iphone than I could on my samsungs.  I could never type right.   It does take some getting used to, but I do miss some features like close all open tasks on 1 click or all notifications on 1 click.   Kind of a pain in the ass. 

But typing for me is much better on the iphone.  The screen everyone talkes about on this new 12 Pro is said to be the best ever but it's nothing compaired to a samsung screen from like 3 years ago.   Samsungs screens are just magical.   I don't think the camera on the iphones are as good as samsungs either.   
Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #361 on: April 29, 2021, 08:19:51 PM »
My biggest complaint with the iPhone is probably the screen sensitivity and accuracy to touch.  It’s maddeningly frustrating trying to tap on specific areas.  It’s especially noticeable when trying to place the text cursor somewhere in your text to edit a typo or something.  I usually give up and end up deleting entire lines of text just to edit a single letter.

That is odd for sure, b.c I am having the total opposite reaction to the screen, I feel like I can type 200% better on this iphone than I could on my samsungs.  I could never type right.   It does take some getting used to, but I do miss some features like close all open tasks on 1 click or all notifications on 1 click.   Kind of a pain in the ass. 

But typing for me is much better on the iphone.  The screen everyone talkes about on this new 12 Pro is said to be the best ever but it's nothing compaired to a samsung screen from like 3 years ago.   Samsungs screens are just magical.   I don't think the camera on the iphones are as good as samsungs either.
I don’t have a problem with the keyboard itself.  But when I screw up a letter mid word, I can never get the cursor to go to that letter to delete it.  Half the time I can even get the cursor on that line of text again.  And sometimes I have to touch the screen multiple times to select things.  I do like the feel of the screen though.   

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #362 on: April 30, 2021, 12:41:30 PM »
Somewhere along the line Apple made a change to that feature. If you just hold your finger in one spot for a second and then slide it around, you'll see where the cursor will end up. It no longer directly under your finger, it's kinda up and to the left a little of where you actually touch.
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #363 on: April 30, 2021, 03:34:14 PM »
Somewhere along the line Apple made a change to that feature. If you just hold your finger in one spot for a second and then slide it around, you'll see where the cursor will end up. It no longer directly under your finger, it's kinda up and to the left a little of where you actually touch.
Ok so you’re officially my hero.  That worked perfect.  That drove me nuts.  It still won’t help with the accuracy of tapping in certain areas but that will certainly save me sanity. 

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #364 on: May 01, 2021, 07:56:10 PM »
So this happened today.   My first jump bike.     Pivot Point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #365 on: May 02, 2021, 07:49:07 AM »
Sweet! Eagerly awaiting "first big crash" videos. And just so you know, I've crashed harder and more often than you ever will. I just did it when I was a lot younger.
 :om:

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #366 on: May 02, 2021, 10:11:45 AM »
That will be some fun!  We have a small jump park close by and I was thinking about grabbing a jump bike for it.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #367 on: May 02, 2021, 10:31:40 AM »
That will be some fun!  We have a small jump park close by and I was thinking about grabbing a jump bike for it.

For sure.    I am already having too much fun on it.    Taking to Hot Springs this weekend.   There is a skills park and pump track.     

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #368 on: May 02, 2021, 01:07:08 PM »
So knowing nothing about the sport, I started making a crack about the spring weather having the money tree on full bloom.  Then I started looking at it.  It looks a lot more basic than other bikes.  Is that just how a jump bike is?  Am I right in looking at this and saying it’s a single speed, rear brake only, hard tail?

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #369 on: May 02, 2021, 09:44:26 PM »
So knowing nothing about the sport, I started making a crack about the spring weather having the money tree on full bloom.  Then I started looking at it.  It looks a lot more basic than other bikes.  Is that just how a jump bike is?  Am I right in looking at this and saying it’s a single speed, rear brake only, hard tail?

Money Tree has been picked over already.  I did have a good QTR and I am covering 2 regions so I am getting paid on all the deals I am touching which is double...so yes the pay out is also double with a catch...they capped me somewhat.  That said, yes I did buy a very expensive Pivot bike recently and yes I did just roll in the shop and buy this bike, not as a flex by any means but I am staring to migrate back to my roots as a kid.  I love to park ride and doing it on a full squish isn't ideal.  I wanted a play bike that was light, strong and capable.  Jump bikes only have 1 brake.    They are designed to play on big jumps....bowls, jump lines etc.  They are fixed and single speed.   That all said, it's a really dumb purchase.   But they are so much fun and both myself and my son and ride it so its a win win.   I wanted it for skills parks, and pump tracks.  And to keep on the camper to run around.   

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #370 on: May 03, 2021, 08:31:02 AM »

Money Tree has been picked over already.  I did have a good QTR and I am covering 2 regions so I am getting paid on all the deals I am touching which is double...so yes the pay out is also double with a catch...they capped me somewhat.  That said, yes I did buy a very expensive Pivot bike recently and yes I did just roll in the shop and buy this bike, not as a flex by any means but I am staring to migrate back to my roots as a kid.  I love to park ride and doing it on a full squish isn't ideal.  I wanted a play bike that was light, strong and capable.  Jump bikes only have 1 brake.    They are designed to play on big jumps....bowls, jump lines etc.  They are fixed and single speed.   That all said, it's a really dumb purchase.   But they are so much fun and both myself and my son and ride it so its a win win.   I wanted it for skills parks, and pump tracks.  And to keep on the camper to run around.
This post is nonsense!  First of all, thats awesome that things are going so well.  But flex or no flex, F it!  Buy it if you want it.  I don’t think anything that brings you enjoyment is a stupid purchase if you can afford it. 

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #371 on: May 03, 2021, 08:53:48 PM »

This post is nonsense!  First of all, thats awesome that things are going so well.  But flex or no flex, F it!  Buy it if you want it.  I don’t think anything that brings you enjoyment is a stupid purchase if you can afford it. 

Nonsense?   Or BS?    Yeah for the first time in a long time,(i mean several jobs prior) this company is doing right by pay.  I am covering 2 territories.   Basecially i cover 22 sales reps in 19 countries.   They are paying me on every deal I touch in both regions which is normallly a no no but we don't have anyone covering them and my boss can't doe it with out me so they are paying me.  This gravy train ends soon but I have one more month of decent pay then I am back to just my region which is the Central US now.   They moved me out of the East which sucks bc I liked traveling to the East coast.    ie My folks Live just south of tampa so it was easy to "travel for work" and stay over a weekend and have my company pay for my flights.    That ended so it sucks. As for the jump bike, I really want to to hit some parks with it but we are limited so thus I have to take it with me when I travel to ride.  Up in NWA the new Meca for mt biking in the Lower 48, there are no less than 5 jump parks within 10 min from each other.  So yes, that is going to be fun.   

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #372 on: May 04, 2021, 07:36:03 AM »

Nonsense?   Or BS?    Yeah for the first time in a long time,(i mean several jobs prior) this company is doing right by pay.  I am covering 2 territories.   Basecially i cover 22 sales reps in 19 countries.   They are paying me on every deal I touch in both regions which is normallly a no no but we don't have anyone covering them and my boss can't doe it with out me so they are paying me.  This gravy train ends soon but I have one more month of decent pay then I am back to just my region which is the Central US now.   They moved me out of the East which sucks bc I liked traveling to the East coast.    ie My folks Live just south of tampa so it was easy to "travel for work" and stay over a weekend and have my company pay for my flights.    That ended so it sucks. As for the jump bike, I really want to to hit some parks with it but we are limited so thus I have to take it with me when I travel to ride.  Up in NWA the new Meca for mt biking in the Lower 48, there are no less than 5 jump parks within 10 min from each other.  So yes, that is going to be fun.
I was only saying it was nonsense because you were saying it was a dumb purchase and were explaining why you got it.  You work so you can enjoy life.  So buy everything you can afford to buy and enjoy the hell out of it.  Even if that means flexing a little.  Haha.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #373 on: May 11, 2021, 09:54:50 PM »
Quick teaser photos from past weekend.   

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #374 on: May 11, 2021, 10:47:11 PM »
Looks like it was fun!

* Recent Photos

Mustang

Views: 1