March 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: Mt biking video  (Read 52047 times)

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
Re: Mt biking video
« Reply #315 on: March 24, 2021, 09:39:08 AM »
Ok, so you can post videos in 4K with a 360 camera. 

Here is how:   Take a clip and don't edit it.   Boom 4K

This is what you get.  BEWARE.  This can jack with your senses, so watch my shadow and sit in a quiet space for 5 min after the video. 

LOL

All kidding aside, this is not really edited.  It is super time consuming to set up free capture and key frame alignment.  That short vid took me 1.5 hours to edit just the 360 part.   and it looks fake in one part.  Not happy about it.    I wanted to see how it was received.   

So here goes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIGKHKUaOsg

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Online Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #316 on: March 24, 2021, 10:05:09 AM »
Ok, so you can post videos in 4K with a 360 camera. 

Here is how:   Take a clip and don't edit it.   Boom 4K

This is what you get.  BEWARE.  This can jack with your senses, so watch my shadow and sit in a quiet space for 5 min after the video. 

LOL

All kidding aside, this is not really edited.  It is super time consuming to set up free capture and key frame alignment.  That short vid took me 1.5 hours to edit just the 360 part.   and it looks fake in one part.  Not happy about it.    I wanted to see how it was received.   

So here goes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIGKHKUaOsg
I saw that one.  It basically takes the 360 concept and lays it flat.  Basically like if you took a 360 degree panorama photo and squeezed it in to a traditional frame of view. 

I was just watching a video, or I was dreaming, but I’m pretty sure you can export or upload to 4K lower grade footage.  I think it was David Manning’s second video comparing the Go2 and the Hero9. He mentioned other vloggers or photographers doing that for years.  I’m not sure what that does to the video though. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #317 on: March 24, 2021, 10:28:42 AM »
I haven't figured out how to upload an edited Free Capture video in 4K....it doesn't give me the option. 

I will tinker around with it but i think it has something to do with file size.

JP

Online Kitzy

• Administrator
Mt biking video
« Reply #318 on: March 24, 2021, 11:23:50 AM »
I haven't figured out how to upload an edited Free Capture video in 4K....it doesn't give me the option. 

I will tinker around with it but i think it has something to do with file size.

JP
I don’t know.  I just know it’s possible.  Go towards the end to the 16:00 mark and he mentions his own recent video where he filmed in 1440 and exported to 4K and also mentioned Matti Haapoja filmed in 1080 but exported to 4K.  I don’t know the software being used and maybe it’s just not possible with edited 360 footage.  I’m not sure at what point during the process they are exporting it to 4K.  Is it the last step of editing or during the upload?

https://youtu.be/PinjwdIayO0

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #319 on: March 24, 2021, 10:44:30 PM »
Easiest 20 bucks for 2 20ft led light strips.    20 min install......donezo.....

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #320 on: March 25, 2021, 11:29:39 AM »
Sorry, I have to ask.

Did you have to put your names on the sides of the garage to stop the neighbors from taking your spot ?   :redneck:
Steve

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #321 on: March 25, 2021, 02:07:32 PM »
Got my "Fly More" kit for the Mavic 2. Bummer is that one of the zippers was busted on the bag, so working with the seller to see if they can just send me a bag. Applied for my "Pilot's license", hop to have it in a couple of weeks.
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Online Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #322 on: March 25, 2021, 06:34:28 PM »
Easiest 20 bucks for 2 20ft led light strips.    20 min install......donezo.....

This is going to sound shitty and it’s not meant to because I’m all for doing things because you like it.  That said, what’s the point?  Just like the look or was there a reason or need for lighting?

Online Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #323 on: March 25, 2021, 06:35:33 PM »
Got my "Fly More" kit for the Mavic 2. Bummer is that one of the zippers was busted on the bag, so working with the seller to see if they can just send me a bag. Applied for my "Pilot's license", hop to have it in a couple of weeks.
Sucks about the bag.  Atleast it’s not something that will hold you back from flying.  What pilots license?  Part 107? 

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #324 on: March 25, 2021, 10:30:17 PM »

This is going to sound shitty and it’s not meant to because I’m all for doing things because you like it.  That said, what’s the point?  Just like the look or was there a reason or need for lighting?

No!  And not at all, totally a fair question.  I did this bc. i have 2 shelves in this garage space...I just wanted some fun low key lights I could have on when i was tinkering.  They are not meant to be a single source but it was 20 bucks and my buddy up in AR is a major fan of Berm Peak like I am , he did a special on led;s in the garage and I just kind of followed his lead.  Totally took  me like 20-25 min in total.  I love it.   it was fun and will be fun. 

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #325 on: March 25, 2021, 10:33:37 PM »
Sorry, I have to ask.

Did you have to put your names on the sides of the garage to stop the neighbors from taking your spot ?   :redneck:

Steve, those name placards are replicas of the Dallas Cowboys locker placards.   My brother just resigned after 24 seasons and he did cool stuff for us when he was the CEO of DCM.   They are just fun to have.  There us a much longer story here.   

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #326 on: March 27, 2021, 11:53:51 AM »
Sucks about the bag.  Atleast it’s not something that will hold you back from flying.  What pilots license?  Part 107? 

It’s a operational license you “have” to have to fly a drone in Canada, even if just for fun.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #327 on: March 27, 2021, 12:36:56 PM »
Laptop ordered. Went with a decent spec MSI laptop. It’s a gaming laptop that I can change the graphics drivers to be better suited to video editing. Hope to have it next week.

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #328 on: March 27, 2021, 01:36:50 PM »
Sorry, I have to ask.

Steve, those name placards are replicas of the Dallas Cowboys locker placards.   My brother just resigned after 24 seasons and he did cool stuff for us when he was the CEO of DCM.   They are just fun to have.  There us a much longer story here.

That's cool he did that for you guys.

I forgot he retired last year, how is his golf game now ?
Steve

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #329 on: March 27, 2021, 07:52:47 PM »
Sorry, I have to ask.

That's cool he did that for you guys.

I forgot he retired last year, how is his golf game now ?
He is a 2.    He plays with Ryan Palmer almost weekly when he is in town.   

* Recent Photos

IMG_8303.JPG

Views: 1
By: Rollingrock

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal