Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: Mt biking video  (Read 52174 times)

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
Mt biking video
« Reply #285 on: March 17, 2021, 06:22:52 PM »
I haven’t watched this one yet but it’s on my list.  I figured it would fit perfect In this thread.  A little action cam.  A little mountain biking.  A little Canada.

https://youtu.be/gkXbMVtK29E

Edit - I watched it.  360 cameras are pretty wild but I’m not so sure that I can subscribe to this train of thought.  I think the 360 distorts the video more so than just shows the steepness.  I think a 360 camera adds a degree of slope to even flat ground so I don’t buy in to this.  What I did notice in the video was that he was using a Hero 8 when I know he has a Hero 9 and has compared them before.  I wonder if it’s a stability issue with the 9.  Being that it’s chest mounted I wouldn’t think it’s a weight thing. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 07:09:05 PM by Kitzy »
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
Re: Mt biking video
« Reply #286 on: March 17, 2021, 10:32:08 PM »
Interesting.  A guy I follow and respect on Facebook did a similar comparison between the Go2 and the 9 Black.  It is closer than I thought.  I can’t help but think though that the whole size thing probably has to do with the screens, the batteries and storage.  Take all of that out and I think you’re left with a much smaller camera.  I think GoPro could achieve the same thing, it just might freeze a bunch and not connect to your phone properly.  Haha

What really interested me was his comment about something replacing his GoPro soon anyway and more comparison videos coming in the near future.  The way he said it made me think they weren’t going to be Go2 comparisons but rather something new.  New Osmo Action maybe? 

https://youtu.be/jWk9S40TUy8

Pretty interesting for sure. I love the idea of the size of the Go 2 for POV or even some "vantage" point shots, like under the rear of my bike seat. I'm just not too much into having two different brands of camera's. I don't like the built in battery or memory thought, but that might not even really be an issue.

2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #287 on: March 17, 2021, 10:48:15 PM »
I haven’t watched this one yet but it’s on my list.  I figured it would fit perfect In this thread.  A little action cam.  A little mountain biking.  A little Canada.

https://youtu.be/gkXbMVtK29E

Edit - I watched it.  360 cameras are pretty wild but I’m not so sure that I can subscribe to this train of thought.  I think the 360 distorts the video more so than just shows the steepness.  I think a 360 camera adds a degree of slope to even flat ground so I don’t buy in to this.  What I did notice in the video was that he was using a Hero 8 when I know he has a Hero 9 and has compared them before.  I wonder if it’s a stability issue with the 9.  Being that it’s chest mounted I wouldn’t think it’s a weight thing. 

I can honestly tell you that I two of those three on a pretty regular basis when I lived in Vancouver. Wild Cherry is beyond crazy and we went down it once to see what it was all about. I walked at least 2/3rds of it. The top helmet mount gives you a better perspective, however it really doesn't give you that good of an idea on how steep some of the sections are. You are literally scrapping your balls on the back tire to keep from going over the bars.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #288 on: March 18, 2021, 12:23:09 AM »
biggest drop in my life and there are 3 more bigger, I am going to hit while here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGJ-jTu4ago

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #289 on: March 18, 2021, 09:29:24 AM »
biggest drop in my life and there are 3 more bigger, I am going to hit while here

I am sure you did something larger as a kid, I know I have.
- We had foundation and basement piles to work with.

Now today.. NFW I would try the small one you posted the video of.. :wow:
Steve

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #290 on: March 18, 2021, 11:53:00 AM »
That is a solid drop! Good on ya dude!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #291 on: March 18, 2021, 02:06:30 PM »

That looks fun.  I say that until I’m up there and I’d probably reconsider because so have no confidence when it comes to the bike.  Good for you, man!

On a side note, I was just in the basement doing some work and had the Bluetooth speaker going listening to music.  Stopped the music and left the speaker on when I went back upstairs.  I could not for the life of me understand where that laugh was coming from as it sounded like it was in the house.  It was the guy at the end of the video laughing, playing through the speaker.  It sounded so real like it was in one of the other rooms.  Freaked me out for a minute. 

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #292 on: March 18, 2021, 10:52:52 PM »
Lol.......this is the last drop of 3 on a feature called Drop The Hammer.    These are 12 ft gab drops.    Hitting tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #293 on: March 19, 2021, 07:26:45 PM »
Lol.......this is the last drop of 3 on a feature called Drop The Hammer.    These are 12 ft gab drops.    Hitting tomorrow

One can almost see my face imprinted on the trail right at the bottom of that one. Sweet! Ah, to be just a few years younger.  :om:

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #294 on: March 20, 2021, 04:57:35 PM »
Looks like a blast.  I mean, assuming this was within my realm of not killing myself, I imagine I would have a blast. 

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #295 on: March 20, 2021, 07:45:43 PM »
Ok boys...... remember when I said there was bigger drops....these are the biggest in the US.    This is called Drop the Hammer.

1st drop 8 ft
2nd drop 12-15 ft
3rd drop 8 ft
4th drop 12 ft

https://youtu.be/lTVEiq8gT7o

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #296 on: March 20, 2021, 08:30:11 PM »
Good, you’re ready for Whistler. Let’s plan on a trip for next year. I have two buddies that will come along.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #297 on: March 20, 2021, 09:54:07 PM »
Good, you’re ready for Whistler. Let’s plan on a trip for next year. I have two buddies that will come along.

Man I am going to come to Whistler for sure.   Its on the list.   Here's the thing.   I don't like drops.   I like Cross Country riding but I do love me some Park/Gravity/Jump lines.   Wait till i load my runs from Fire Line...its a Proline jump like, about half the size of A-Line...but the flow is so smooth, you can clean every double and table...A Line is a BEAST.   So his Fort Hood up in Mass.    Crazy shit man. I am 49 and look at me go.    LOL

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #298 on: March 20, 2021, 10:15:58 PM »
Honestly, Crank it up, Blue Velvet and Samurai Pizza Cat are all super fun trails that will give you a workout. I used to love going to the top of Garbonzo and doing Freight Train and then feeding into Karate Monkey and ending with afternoon delight.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #299 on: March 21, 2021, 01:19:06 PM »
Honestly, Crank it up, Blue Velvet and Samurai Pizza Cat are all super fun trails that will give you a workout. I used to love going to the top of Garbonzo and doing Freight Train and then feeding into Karate Monkey and ending with afternoon delight.

The first time I read your post I was like damn, you sure told him.  I just read that again and realized that Crank It Up is a trail.  I thought you were telling him to step his game up. 

* Recent Photos

Swirls 4.jpg

Views: 7
By: Val3ntin0

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal