March 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: Mt biking video  (Read 52105 times)

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
Re: Mt biking video
« Reply #240 on: February 26, 2021, 11:37:39 AM »
You guys are getting as bad as Canada

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Our specific area of the state is growing so fast.  Cookie cutter houses, condos and million square foot warehouses are going up every time you turn around.  A lot of the people living here do so because it’s a short commute to NYC and NJ which is even more expensive to live.  We have the highest fuel tax in the country yet we rank the highest in most decrepit road and bridge infrastructure which is where all that money is supposed to be going.  We visit Tennessee almost every year and it’s amazing how cheap it is down there.  Their sales tax is higher than ours but everything Is cheaper.  From vehicles to goods on the shelf, fuel, property taxes.  I have 2 acres in a relatively cheaper county and it costs me $4,000 a year in property taxes.  Cassie’s family in Tennessee has 3 acres and a bigger house and they pay $900.  They justify all of this building up of the area by saying it will lower taxes and it never does.  My little town I live in doesn’t even allow franchises like McDonalds and Burger Kings.  Somehow a Subway snuck in.  Yet they’re dredging up NY rivers and dumping the soil here in preparation for multiple warehouses right in the middle of one of the most picturesque areas.  I realize I’m just venting now.  That is all.  Haha

Literally dead center in this picture is going to be multiple huge warehouses as soon as their done with the reclamation of land project.  Basically turning old zinc mining, contaminated wet lands into suitable land.

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #241 on: February 26, 2021, 09:32:33 PM »
Dropped another vid from this week.  not by best work...

But I did subscribe to a royalty music site called Soundbed.   So shit just got real.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qvADQlTips
Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #242 on: February 27, 2021, 07:24:49 AM »
Sweet! :drive:

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #243 on: February 27, 2021, 10:01:58 AM »

But I did subscribe to a royalty music site called Soundbed.   So shit just got real.   

The 360 looks like it’s having a hard time stitching together some of the woodsy areas.  How do you like it?  How are the GoPro’s doing for you? 

I’m sitting on some footage so need to put together but I’m not 100% excited about any of it and I don’t have enough time to sit down and edit it beginning to end. 

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #244 on: February 27, 2021, 11:29:28 AM »

The 360 looks like it’s having a hard time stitching together some of the woodsy areas.  How do you like it?  How are the GoPro’s doing for you? 

I’m sitting on some footage so need to put together but I’m not 100% excited about any of it and I don’t have enough time to sit down and edit it beginning to end. 

Ah just the response I was hoping for wth your eagle eyes.   Ok, what I didn't say about the 360 cam....i just got the lens guards for the 360 and you have to edit them differently.   I do not like it at all.   The stitching is very harsh.  so here is what I am going to do, keep the lens guards but only use them if I put the camera in a harsh place like....under my seat.  Other than that, I am going to take them off when I hve it on my helmet, its pretty safe up there from debris.   

I still have the one GoPro boxed up ready to ship back...but hadn't talked with GoPro about keeping it.   But the new chest harness from USWE is really nice.  My buddy helmed me aim it and once I got it aimed, I took my pocket knife and notched a mark on the mount so I know where it goes now every time without the app.   

Been reading that I am not the only one with that issue of connecting to the app...seems its a larger problem for GoPro and they have to address it.   

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #245 on: February 27, 2021, 01:23:13 PM »

Ah just the response I was hoping for wth your eagle eyes.   Ok, what I didn't say about the 360 cam....i just got the lens guards for the 360 and you have to edit them differently.   I do not like it at all.   The stitching is very harsh.  so here is what I am going to do, keep the lens guards but only use them if I put the camera in a harsh place like....under my seat.  Other than that, I am going to take them off when I hve it on my helmet, its pretty safe up there from debris.   

I still have the one GoPro boxed up ready to ship back...but hadn't talked with GoPro about keeping it.   But the new chest harness from USWE is really nice.  My buddy helmed me aim it and once I got it aimed, I took my pocket knife and notched a mark on the mount so I know where it goes now every time without the app.   

Been reading that I am not the only one with that issue of connecting to the app...seems its a larger problem for GoPro and they have to address it.   
I’ve noticed the videos have been in 1080.  Is that so the GoPro footage plays nice with the insta360 footage?  Has that been an issue?  I previewed some of my Tennessee footage which was the first time recording in 4k24.  I was pretty impressed straight out of the camera.  Only thing I thought was there didn’t appear to be much cinematic blur for 24fps.  Not a deal breaker.  I’m not making movies. 

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #246 on: February 27, 2021, 01:56:58 PM »
The insta360 shoots 5k in 360 mod....bit it won't render 4k....go figure.   Now when you swap the mod out of just front lens it can shoot 4k at 30fps....5k with mod that I am. It buying.   The GoPro are legit amazing footage.    You can make a cool vid with shity subject and it will look amazing

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #247 on: February 27, 2021, 04:58:46 PM »
The insta360 shoots 5k in 360 mod....bit it won't render 4k....go figure.   Now when you swap the mod out of just front lens it can shoot 4k at 30fps....5k with mod that I am. It buying.   The GoPro are legit amazing footage.    You can make a cool vid with shity subject and it will look amazing

So my understanding of the whole 5.7k thing on 360s is that is everything being captured by the lense but when you take a slice of it and break it down to a viewable window like a 16:9 resolution, you’re probs lay seeing 1080 or less.  So when you frame your shot, the 360 provides you a pool of pixels and you are allotted a fraction of them.  That’s likely why it doesn’t render out in 5.7k or even 4K.  Like looking through binoculars.  The binoculars are viewing 1080 at a time out of 5.7k of the world around you.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #248 on: February 27, 2021, 05:39:46 PM »
I have no desire capture in anything higher than 2.7k most of my stuff will probably be in 1080p with a high frame rate.

None of my TVs can output higher than that.

2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #249 on: February 27, 2021, 05:46:07 PM »
I have no desire capture in anything higher than 2.7k most of my stuff will probably be in 1080p with a high frame rate.

What about the rest of us that are going to watch your videos?  Do you not care about us?  Haha. 

Kidding.  Like I just said before, I’ve only now bothered to record in 4K.  I will say that a plus to 4K is that you can grab high quality screen shots of 4K video and use them as images. 

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #250 on: February 27, 2021, 05:59:41 PM »
That is a good point for sure, I just don’t see myself doing screenshots. Maybe I’ll get a epic shot one day and then kick myself, who knows, lol.

Tax refund looks like it will be a good one, so fly more pack, extra GP batteries and laptop will be on order this upcoming week.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #251 on: February 27, 2021, 06:34:42 PM »
That is a good point for sure, I just don’t see myself doing screenshots. Maybe I’ll get a epic shot one day and then kick myself, who knows, lol.

Tax refund looks like it will be a good one, so fly more pack, extra GP batteries and laptop will be on order this upcoming week.

Awesome.  I’m going to owe in more than likely.  I refuse to do my taxes until after our government figures out this stimulus package.  I’ll get a few hundred back if I wait or I’ll get nothing back if I do my taxes before they send checks out.  Even though I don’t fully agree with the stimulus package, my opinion doesn’t matter so I’d rather disagree with money in my pocket than without money in my pocket. 

I look forward to what you capture when you get up and rolling with this stuff.  I follow two photographers on YouTube who live in Canada and I’m just always amazed at their photos and video. 

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #252 on: February 27, 2021, 10:06:21 PM »

So my understanding of the whole 5.7k thing on 360s is that is everything being captured by the lense but when you take a slice of it and break it down to a viewable window like a 16:9 resolution, you’re probs lay seeing 1080 or less.  So when you frame your shot, the 360 provides you a pool of pixels and you are allotted a fraction of them.  That’s likely why it doesn’t render out in 5.7k or even 4K.  Like looking through binoculars.  The binoculars are viewing 1080 at a time out of 5.7k of the world around you.

Dude, you got this figured out bro.  Impressive. I just record and edit and post.  LOL

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #253 on: February 27, 2021, 10:12:07 PM »

Just record it and post it, your TV will revert to what it can....but like Mike said don't deprive us of anything less than 4K!!

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #254 on: March 01, 2021, 07:08:22 PM »
Return will be $5k plus, so everything ordered but the laptop. I’m going to do some shopping with a buddy that is a huge PC nerd.

* Recent Photos

Before

Views: 3
By: Old Dogg™

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal