April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: Mt biking video  (Read 54059 times)

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
Re: Mt biking video
« Reply #180 on: February 15, 2021, 01:07:28 PM »
Our tankless hot water....I pulled the cover.   inbound water pipe was frozen.   We has neg 2 here this morning

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 01:14:52 PM by Rollingrock »
Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Robby32

• Café Member
« Reply #181 on: February 15, 2021, 02:28:19 PM »
JP -

If you have not solved the pipe problem here are a couple of solutions. Wrap a  heating pad around the pipe and make sure you crack a faucet that is farthest from the frozen pipe to release the pressure. If the pressure in not released it could burst.

Hope it warms up for you down there. Local TV (Raleigh, NC) showed the airport in Dallas all shut down.

Take Care and Stay Warm
« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 02:30:43 PM by Robby32 »

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #182 on: February 15, 2021, 09:04:55 PM »
JP -

If you have not solved the pipe problem here are a couple of solutions. Wrap a  heating pad around the pipe and make sure you crack a faucet that is farthest from the frozen pipe to release the pressure. If the pressure in not released it could burst.

Hope it warms up for you down there. Local TV (Raleigh, NC) showed the airport in Dallas all shut down.

Take Care and Stay Warm

We have running water in every location except our master shower...we have cold water but no hot water, however, we do have hot water in both sinks in master bath...we have been running space heaters in that shower all day...nothing appears to be working. 

There are 3 power plants off line so we are just crossing our fingers. 

Offline Robby32

• Café Member
« Reply #183 on: February 15, 2021, 10:13:14 PM »
JP -

Make sure you have the hot line furthest from the point just at the slightest drip. I watched a "Ask This Old House" episode and they showed how fast and how much pressure can build if a line is frozen. it is the pressure that pops the line not the water.

Hope you and Texas are warmed up soon. Was going to watch the Stars game but it was PP due to the weather.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #184 on: February 15, 2021, 10:39:18 PM »
JP -

Make sure you have the hot line furthest from the point just at the slightest drip. I watched a "Ask This Old House" episode and they showed how fast and how much pressure can build if a line is frozen. it is the pressure that pops the line not the water.

Hope you and Texas are warmed up soon. Was going to watch the Stars game but it was PP due to the weather.

Thanks, we have our master sinks both on drips...one for cold and one for hot....but the shower still is not working.  Just praying it doesn't burst...the pipes are in the slab so not sure I can do anything else at this point. 

We don't get above freezing until Sat mid day.   

Offline Robby32

• Café Member
« Reply #185 on: February 16, 2021, 12:25:32 PM »
JP -

Hope it thaws out soon. and that is all it is. You sure don't want to have to rip up a slab.

Sounds a little strange that being in a slab that it would freeze and the cold was OK.

Take care - stay warm.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 12:27:27 PM by Robby32 »

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #186 on: February 16, 2021, 04:33:39 PM »
Went riding today and the GoPro’s were awful.  The 9 was fine for most of the ride and then on the way back we took an awesome trail and the 9 just decided to turn itself off after 30 seconds so I missed the entire trail.  Battery still had almost 60% when I got back so it wasn’t the battery. 

The 7 was mounted rear facing and just wanted to keep turning itself off.  I have no idea what it captured yet.  It seemed to freeze up a lot and nothing would work.  I had to pull the battery to shut it down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #187 on: February 16, 2021, 07:40:47 PM »
JP -

Thanks, we have our master sinks both on drips...one for cold and one for hot....but the shower still is not working.  Just praying it doesn't burst...the pipes are in the slab so not sure I can do anything else at this point. 

We don't get above freezing until Sat mid day.
Can you get a heat tape down the pipe?

2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #188 on: February 16, 2021, 07:41:29 PM »
Went riding today and the GoPro’s were awful.  The 9 was fine for most of the ride and then on the way back we took an awesome trail and the 9 just decided to turn itself off after 30 seconds so I missed the entire trail.  Battery still had almost 60% when I got back so it wasn’t the battery. 

The 7 was mounted rear facing and just wanted to keep turning itself off.  I have no idea what it captured yet.  It seemed to freeze up a lot and nothing would work.  I had to pull the battery to shut it down.

How cold is it out?

Offline Robby32

• Café Member
« Reply #189 on: February 16, 2021, 07:47:00 PM »
JP - said the pipes are in the slab so getting heat tape around them sounds impossible.

In talking with my sister-in-law today (who lives in Keller) she said the houses there are either built on a slab or on pillars because to the soil type.

So he may just have to wait it out and hope for the best.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member

Offline Robby32

• Café Member
« Reply #191 on: February 16, 2021, 09:35:59 PM »
Blown F -150

Interesting product was not aware of it. When you said heat tape. I was thinking about an external tape you wrap around the pipe.  Don't know the cost but could be the answer JP needs.

Just hope he does not have a break anywhere. Plus I don't know how far and how many angles he would have to navigate.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #192 on: February 16, 2021, 09:36:23 PM »

How cold is it out?

At the bottom of the mountain it was a high of 28 degrees Fahrenheit or something.  Supposedly the windchill up around the top was in the negatives. 

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #193 on: February 16, 2021, 09:49:23 PM »

How cold is it out?

At the bottom of the mountain it was a high of 28 degrees Fahrenheit or something.  Supposedly the windchill up around the top was in the negatives. 

Windchill won’t make a lick of difference, but odd to see them fail at those temps. Heck my old 3+ was on my sled helmet @100mph and it was like -15.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #194 on: February 16, 2021, 09:59:04 PM »
Blown F -150

Interesting product was not aware of it. When you said heat tape. I was thinking about an external tape you wrap around the pipe.  Don't know the cost but could be the answer JP needs.

Just hope he does not have a break anywhere. Plus I don't know how far and how many angles he would have to navigate.
Yeah, heat tape only works to about -40 depending on your set up, so we have to do the under house pipes with these at my Dads place.

* Recent Photos

r

Views: 4
By: Rollingrock

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal