March 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: Mt biking video  (Read 52131 times)

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
Re: Mt biking video
« Reply #165 on: February 14, 2021, 08:40:50 PM »
And it’ll be gone tomorrow.  My kind of snow.  Enjoy it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly, we have a week of this shit....more is coming.

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #166 on: February 14, 2021, 08:41:53 PM »
I’ve been looking at Laptops for editing and can’t justify the new Macs you guys are getting.

Looking at a few gaming laptops that seem to have the horsepower to easily handle the task and are a fraction of the cost. After digging into it, there are a few options on how to change then graphics drivers to optimize for video editing.

I’m hoping to have a good tax year and pull the trigger shortly.

So, how are you feeling?  :om:
Slowly getting better, but seem to be in a much better place than just a few days ago. It’s not fun when you can’t even keep down water.

Ugh man, sorry...we'll throw some extra prayers your way tonight brother.   

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #167 on: February 14, 2021, 08:42:31 PM »
I’ve been looking at Laptops for editing and can’t justify the new Macs you guys are getting.

Says the guy with the million dollar truck with more spare transmissions than a nascar team.  Haha

Well yeah, spent my money on the truck, don’t have a ton for other stuff. Probably doesn’t seem like it, but I budget for everything. If the “ play” account is empty, that’s it. Both vehicles are paid for and we have zero consumer debt, trying to keep it that way. Lol.

I can get a PC with comparable (better in some area) specs for a third of the cost of the Mac. The other issue I have are things like my tuning software that isn’t mac friendly, even though I’m aware there are work arounds. Lots of Apple products in the house, just think this might not be the best fit for the cost. 

2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #168 on: February 14, 2021, 08:44:35 PM »
We have snow........calling for 6 to 8 inches.....this is legit

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
That’s gotta be crazy for you guys. We have been having -40 mornings here, very cold for this region. Normal high is around freezing.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
Mt biking video
« Reply #169 on: February 14, 2021, 09:06:45 PM »

Says the guy with the million dollar truck with more spare transmissions than a nascar team.  Haha

Well yeah, spent my money on the truck, don’t have a ton for other stuff. Probably doesn’t seem like it, but I budget for everything. If the “ play” account is empty, that’s it. Both vehicles are paid for and we have zero consumer debt, trying to keep it that way. Lol.

I can get a PC with comparable (better in some area) specs for a third of the cost of the Mac. The other issue I have are things like my tuning software that isn’t mac friendly, even though I’m aware there are work arounds. Lots of Apple products in the house, just think this might not be the best fit for the cost. 

I get it.  Don’t ever take my smart ass comments serious.  I probably joke too much.  I’ve been told I offend people often.  I think I’m just misunderstood.  Haha

Do what’s best for you.  My last laptop I bought with editing in mind.  I thought it was spec’d pretty well at the time but it only ever did “okay” and now it can’t keep up with the newer cameras.  It’s a few years old now.  I wanted to upgrade the memory before buying something new but I didn’t want to waste money either.  I always felt that laptop was loaded with too much bloatware that really drug the performance down.

Bummed to hear you’re still struggling with the recovery.  Been thinking about you and sending you good thoughts, man.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 09:09:27 PM by Kitzy »
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #170 on: February 14, 2021, 09:37:22 PM »
We have been having -40 mornings here, very cold for this region. Normal high is around freezing.

I think we are out of the woods, it is going to be -2 (F) tomorrow AM and after that we will be in the slowly increasing temps into next weekend.  We have had some brutal temps, but nothing -40 this year.
- I think it is going to be 40 and rain a week from today.

Steve

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #171 on: February 14, 2021, 09:55:38 PM »

I get it.  Don’t ever take my smart ass comments serious.  I probably joke too much.  I’ve been told I offend people often.  I think I’m just misunderstood.  Haha

Do what’s best for you.  My last laptop I bought with editing in mind.  I thought it was spec’d pretty well at the time but it only ever did “okay” and now it can’t keep up with the newer cameras.  It’s a few years old now.  I wanted to upgrade the memory before buying something new but I didn’t want to waste money either.  I always felt that laptop was loaded with too much bloatware that really drug the performance down.

Bummed to hear you’re still struggling with the recovery.  Been thinking about you and sending you good thoughts, man.

Lol, it’s been like a decade, I know how to interpret you posts.

Also to note, I’m not offended easily, ha.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #172 on: February 14, 2021, 10:02:00 PM »
We have been having -40 mornings here, very cold for this region. Normal high is around freezing.

I think we are out of the woods, it is going to be -2 (F) tomorrow AM and after that we will be in the slowly increasing temps into next weekend.  We have had some brutal temps, but nothing -40 this year.
Beyond brutal here, I think we got up to -26c today. Supposed to start warming up Tuesday I think. It’s the wind that makes it so much worse though. 
My Dad called me last week while I tucked under warmed blankets in my hospital bed. He said the thermometer was readying -48c when he got up. No thank you

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #173 on: February 14, 2021, 10:11:14 PM »

Beyond brutal here, I think we got up to -26c today. Supposed to start warming up Tuesday I think. It’s the wind that makes it so much worse though. 
My Dad called me last week while I tucked under warmed blankets in my hospital bed. He said the thermometer was readying -48c when he got up. No thank you

Yeah, I get that and it makes sense. There are archery apps that dont work on mac thus I hve to keep a MS laptop to make sight tapes for my scopes...a lot of factors are in play so yes, again I get it.  For me,...I HATE apple phones...but i love the shit out of their PC's.  Its strange that the IOS is so locked down yet the Mac OS is so open.   

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #174 on: February 14, 2021, 10:11:55 PM »

Lol, it’s been like a decade, I know how to interpret you posts.

Also to note, I’m not offended easily, ha.

Haha fair enough.  I’m nearly impossible to offend.  I’m pretty confident in who I am as a person so if you say something offensive to me, it doesn’t bother me.  However, that doesn’t stop me from thinking you’re a dick.  I try to be careful when typing things that I find funny but in person, when you can get a sense of tone, all bets are off and I say a lot of messed up stuff just for the hell of it. It’s fun.  Haha. 

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #175 on: February 14, 2021, 10:14:52 PM »

Yeah, I get that and it makes sense. There are archery apps that dont work on mac thus I hve to keep a MS laptop to make sight tapes for my scopes...a lot of factors are in play so yes, again I get it.  For me,...I HATE apple phones...but i love the shit out of their PC's.  Its strange that the IOS is so locked down yet the Mac OS is so open.   
I’m hoping that’s the case for me as well because I hate my iphone but hope I love my MacBook.  Haha

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #176 on: February 14, 2021, 11:16:05 PM »
Just to throw you guys off tonight

Penith........

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
Mt biking video
« Reply #177 on: February 15, 2021, 12:01:30 PM »
Just to throw you guys off tonight

Penith........
I’m not touching that.

I think I saw something that said every county in Texas is expecting snow.  That’s crazy.  Be safe down there.  I know your infrastructure isn’t designed for that and the budget doesn’t exactly include proper treatment of snow and ice storms. 

We have a major ice storm hitting back home so I’m a littler worried because I’m not there.  I have a friend house and dog sitting for me.  I’m hoping we don’t lose power because my generator setup is less than ideal. I’m in East Tennessee right now.  Calling for mostly rain but it could freeze. 

« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 12:03:49 PM by Kitzy »

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #178 on: February 15, 2021, 01:00:40 PM »
Trying to get hot water.    Pulled the cover.

254 counties in Texas....all getting this shit

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #179 on: February 15, 2021, 01:03:45 PM »
Trying to get hot water.    Pulled the cover.

254 counties in Texas....all getting this shit

What is that pointed at?

* Recent Photos

t

Views: 6
By: Rollingrock

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal