1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: Mt biking video  (Read 52097 times)

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
Re: Mt biking video
« Reply #150 on: February 11, 2021, 10:38:56 PM »
Going to sit on the actual GoPro membership and 2nd camera return over the weekend.  There is no pressure to return them like Amazon.   

Still tinkering on it.   
Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #151 on: February 12, 2021, 09:26:40 AM »
Makes perfect sense.

What doesn’t make sense is I can’t offload GoPro files from the camera to the MacBook using the sub-c cable.  I can’t figure it out.  GoPro says connected to usb but MacBook doesnt see it anywhere. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #152 on: February 12, 2021, 10:04:30 AM »
Apparently all the google searching in the world doesn’t tell you that before you hook the GoPro up, you need to turn the camera on and change the connection preferences to MTP.  Then it worked. 

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #153 on: February 12, 2021, 10:41:02 AM »
Apparently all the google searching in the world doesn’t tell you that before you hook the GoPro up, you need to turn the camera on and change the connection preferences to MTP.  Then it worked. 

I don't get my vids off the camera that way, its WAY faster if you take the card out and have a reader.   Like 2X faster. 

JP

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #154 on: February 12, 2021, 11:10:54 AM »

I don't get my vids off the camera that way, its WAY faster if you take the card out and have a reader.   Like 2X faster. 

JP
My reader is standard USB.  I have never taken files off of the GoPro this way before.  It took FOREVER!  It was a 70GB dump.  Damnit, I just realized I need to dump the other GoPro too.  Not sure what I was thinking.  Trying to clear off the cards for my trip to Tennessee.  I leave tomorrow morning. 

This was the first chance I got to really watch any of the footage from my Hero 9.  I look forward to color correcting it.  But I also found that Hyper Smooth definitely has its limitations.  It couldn’t keep up with certain trails I was on and got a little crazy.  If it got bad enough it locked up and skipped and seemed to have to find its legs again.  I have the GoPro mount for the dogs and it didn’t stand a chance at staying smooth.  I’m going to have to try the Mac lense kod just out of curiosity. 

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #155 on: February 12, 2021, 02:22:41 PM »

JP
My reader is standard USB.  I have never taken files off of the GoPro this way before.  It took FOREVER!  It was a 70GB dump.  Damnit, I just realized I need to dump the other GoPro too.  Not sure what I was thinking.  Trying to clear off the cards for my trip to Tennessee.  I leave tomorrow morning. 

This was the first chance I got to really watch any of the footage from my Hero 9.  I look forward to color correcting it.  But I also found that Hyper Smooth definitely has its limitations.  It couldn’t keep up with certain trails I was on and got a little crazy.  If it got bad enough it locked up and skipped and seemed to have to find its legs again.  I have the GoPro mount for the dogs and it didn’t stand a chance at staying smooth.  I’m going to have to try the Mac lense kod just out of curiosity. 

I bought this to read cards and with USBC, if it can move 70 gig in about 10 min

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MXCPJY1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #156 on: February 12, 2021, 07:32:00 PM »
Trying to figure out this workflow.     

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #157 on: February 14, 2021, 01:37:09 PM »
I’ve been looking at Laptops for editing and can’t justify the new Macs you guys are getting.

Looking at a few gaming laptops that seem to have the horsepower to easily handle the task and are a fraction of the cost. After digging into it, there are a few options on how to change then graphics drivers to optimize for video editing.

I’m hoping to have a good tax year and pull the trigger shortly.

2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #158 on: February 14, 2021, 04:07:38 PM »
I’ve been looking at Laptops for editing and can’t justify the new Macs you guys are getting.

Looking at a few gaming laptops that seem to have the horsepower to easily handle the task and are a fraction of the cost. After digging into it, there are a few options on how to change then graphics drivers to optimize for video editing.

So, how are you feeling?  :om:

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #159 on: February 14, 2021, 05:20:56 PM »

I get it, I know macs are expensive but I think you really get your money's worth over the years they work.    I have several iMacs that still work, yes they don't render 4K but they do work and are functional.  That is kind of the thing with Macs but again, totally get it.   

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #160 on: February 14, 2021, 06:05:46 PM »

Says the guy with the million dollar truck with more spare transmissions than a nascar team.  Haha

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #161 on: February 14, 2021, 07:15:54 PM »

Says the guy with the million dollar truck with more spare transmissions than a nascar team.  Haha

^^^^^What this guy said......

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #162 on: February 14, 2021, 07:18:18 PM »
We have snow........calling for 6 to 8 inches.....this is legit

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #163 on: February 14, 2021, 08:08:43 PM »
And it’ll be gone tomorrow.  My kind of snow.  Enjoy it!

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #164 on: February 14, 2021, 08:35:04 PM »

So, how are you feeling?  :om:
Slowly getting better, but seem to be in a much better place than just a few days ago. It’s not fun when you can’t even keep down water.

2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

* Recent Photos

Hood Shot.jpg

Views: 1
By: Val3ntin0

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal