1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: Mt biking video  (Read 54308 times)

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
Re: Mt biking video
« Reply #120 on: February 07, 2021, 01:40:33 PM »
Thanks for the heads up Mike, max lens mod ordered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #121 on: February 07, 2021, 02:17:59 PM »
Yeah.     Not ordering anything right now.    But still waiting on GoPro tech service.   

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #122 on: February 08, 2021, 12:34:54 AM »
found a work around to the connection problem on my own.

If you take the camera, turn it on....then wait 20 seconds...THEN swipe down and hit connections, then hit app....then on the app search for camera...it finds in in less than 30 seconds and connects.

If I open the app and turn on the camera and vise versa order, it doesn't connect first 10 trys.   I burn 10 min before it connects but if I put the camera in pair mode, it connects in less than 1 min total.   The only issue I have with that is, have to do that, then mount the camera, then put he helmet on, then aim,....takes about the same amount of time and that is just f'ing nuts that it doesn't work better. 

Still pissed about this shit.   

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #123 on: February 08, 2021, 08:05:58 AM »
found a work around to the connection problem on my own.

If you take the camera, turn it on....then wait 20 seconds...THEN swipe down and hit connections, then hit app....then on the app search for camera...it finds in in less than 30 seconds and connects.

If I open the app and turn on the camera and vise versa order, it doesn't connect first 10 trys.   I burn 10 min before it connects but if I put the camera in pair mode, it connects in less than 1 min total.   The only issue I have with that is, have to do that, then mount the camera, then put he helmet on, then aim,....takes about the same amount of time and that is just f'ing nuts that it doesn't work better. 

Still pissed about this shit.
This doesn’t exactly make you feel better about the situation but you will get better and more confident in your setup and you won’t rely on double checking the frame of your shot each time.  I know that’s not the point. 

On the flip side, if you decide to bail on GoPro and switch over to DJI or Insta, I’d be very intrigued by your hands on opinion.  I never seriously considered the DJI but I did consider the Insta for its versatility and sensor size. 

Now that I have the MacBook, I have a video from October I need to put together, I hope to be able to leave for Tennessee on Sunday morning but they want snow almost everyday this week so who knows but that will be another video.  Then I want to try to do something around the house just experimenting with different angles and mounting locations to see what I can put together where I’m. It annoying anyone else by slowing them down. 

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #124 on: February 08, 2021, 01:52:20 PM »
my macbook will be here tomorrow.   

Per UPS.....

At least one thing is going right.   

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #125 on: February 08, 2021, 02:50:58 PM »

Per UPS.....

Haha all doom and gloom.  The last video I watched that you put out was great.  You had other guys with you and a lot of switching of angles keeping people interested.  You even had your own creepy cheering section at one point.  Haha

Glad to hear you’re getting it early.  I look forward to hearing how it compares to what you’re already using for edits because my current set up isn’t even possible for 1080/30 out of the Hero 9.  So if you see a marked improvement then I certainly will.  I just ha e to decide on my software.  It’s either going to be iMovie or Divinci Resolve.  Divinci is just so difficult to learn.

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #126 on: February 08, 2021, 05:37:44 PM »

Per UPS.....

Haha all doom and gloom.  The last video I watched that you put out was great.  You had other guys with you and a lot of switching of angles keeping people interested.  You even had your own creepy cheering section at one point.  Haha

Glad to hear you’re getting it early.  I look forward to hearing how it compares to what you’re already using for edits because my current set up isn’t even possible for 1080/30 out of the Hero 9.  So if you see a marked improvement then I certainly will.  I just ha e to decide on my software.  It’s either going to be iMovie or Divinci Resolve.  Divinci is just so difficult to learn.

Waiting on a call from Gopro....today is judgement day.  Fix now or they go back

As for the macbook, its basically the same version of what I use today for work but its for me rather than using my work machine for my own stuff.    The only thing I did was get more memory b/c my current work machine has 16g of memory and it handles 4K with ease...with the new Apple chip, I am anxious to see much better it performs as they say it's about 20% better than the intel chips.   

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #127 on: February 08, 2021, 06:27:53 PM »
welp, that's it.

Done with GoPro....set up muy returns.   Spent 1 hour on the line with a tech, he did what he could but there is a connection problem and he can't solve it.   

So return they go.

That really sucks ass too.    Now I got box all this shit up and all the accessories and send them back

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #128 on: February 08, 2021, 07:48:57 PM »

Per UPS.....

Waiting on a call from Gopro....today is judgement day.  Fix now or they go back

As for the macbook, its basically the same version of what I use today for work but its for me rather than using my work machine for my own stuff.    The only thing I did was get more memory b/c my current work machine has 16g of memory and it handles 4K with ease...with the new Apple chip, I am anxious to see much better it performs as they say it's about 20% better than the intel chips.
So really from a hardware standpoint your personal MacBook is quite different from your work MacBook.  The M1 chip means new graphics card and processor, correct?  Everything is integrated in to the M1.  Regardless if it’s better than what you are using already and what you are using is better than what I have, then I’m in for a treat.  I’m not going to know how to act. 

So what’s the plan for a GoPro alternative?  I know you’re a DJI fanboy as am I and I’m just speculating but soon Ryan will be as well.  I’ve never been sold on the DJI action cam.  I feel they took the GoPro and tried to one up their camera.  The Insta has always intrigued me though.  I feel like they tried to go their own road in the action camera world.  Does that put the YouTube channel on hold for a while?  I’d be curious how the stability of others stacks up against GoPro.  GoPro really has their hyper smooth dialed in. 

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #129 on: February 08, 2021, 07:57:22 PM »

Per UPS.....

So really from a hardware standpoint your personal MacBook is quite different from your work MacBook.  The M1 chip means new graphics card and processor, correct?  Everything is integrated in to the M1.  Regardless if it’s better than what you are using already and what you are using is better than what I have, then I’m in for a treat.  I’m not going to know how to act. 

So what’s the plan for a GoPro alternative?  I know you’re a DJI fanboy as am I and I’m just speculating but soon Ryan will be as well.  I’ve never been sold on the DJI action cam.  I feel they took the GoPro and tried to one up their camera.  The Insta has always intrigued me though.  I feel like they tried to go their own road in the action camera world.  Does that put the YouTube channel on hold for a while?  I’d be curious how the stability of others stacks up against GoPro.  GoPro really has their hyper smooth dialed in. 

My work macbook is a 16g intel 3.1  dual core i5 chip set.   They new apple chip set is said to be 20% better and use way less power.   

As for cameras, I am totally disgusted with gopro.   

I am going with the Insta360 One R's.   
Its the next best thing to the Hero9's.  watching vids just to confirm.   

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #130 on: February 08, 2021, 08:19:15 PM »

Per UPS.....

My work macbook is a 16g intel 3.1  dual core i5 chip set.   They new apple chip set is said to be 20% better and use way less power.   

As for cameras, I am totally disgusted with gopro.   

I am going with the Insta360 One R's.   
Its the next best thing to the Hero9's.  watching vids just to confirm.
I almost bought the One R myself when they came out but it wasn’t the right time to buy a camera for me.  I was also heavily considering a 360 camera at the time and the Insta would have accomplished both depending on the mod you buy.  Then I just moved on to the GoPro Hero 9 because I liked the specs and I just feel like there is something missing from the 360 world and I’m just not sure what they is yet.  I just feel it’s too early to jump on that wagon yet.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #131 on: February 08, 2021, 08:28:34 PM »
I am more than disgusted/disappointed but if I can't aim them they are useless.   He had me turn off mobil data so they would connect....then when trying again, to see if that fixe it, it caused 3 other new problems. 

They need to get their shit right.   The tech accidently told me this is a known issue.   So yes it totally sucks and now I am getting the One R's and going to lose that hypersmooth but i have been watching vids, its not as good for sure but its not bad either.   The bigger problem is accessories....there isn't a lot of generic batteries etc...I had 10 batteries for these cameras.    10!!   All going back.   

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #132 on: February 08, 2021, 08:36:14 PM »
I am more than disgusted/disappointed but if I can't aim them they are useless.   He had me turn off mobil data so they would connect....then when trying again, to see if that fixe it, it caused 3 other new problems. 

They need to get their shit right.   The tech accidently told me this is a known issue.   So yes it totally sucks and now I am getting the One R's and going to lose that hypersmooth but i have been watching vids, its not as good for sure but its not bad either.   The bigger problem is accessories....there isn't a lot of generic batteries etc...I had 10 batteries for these cameras.    10!!   All going back.
Body mounting anything always stressed me out because I never knew if I’d like the angle.  I’ve had entire videos from helmets just look off because of it.  So I understand.  I also usually have 4 or 5 batteries for each camera to get through a day on the trails.  How long was a battery lasting you on 4K/24? 

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #133 on: February 08, 2021, 10:56:11 PM »

Body mounting anything always stressed me out because I never knew if I’d like the angle.  I’ve had entire videos from helmets just look off because of it.  So I understand.  I also usually have 4 or 5 batteries for each camera to get through a day on the trails.  How long was a battery lasting you on 4K/24? 

Actually, i got about 40 min of recording and about 1.5 hours of standbye time...i just saw that insta360 is only like 17 min in 360 mode and 25 min in 4K....so man, I am already regretting this decision. 

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #134 on: February 08, 2021, 11:42:43 PM »
I bought 1 360 R tonight....will be here Wed.

I hope I don't regret the shit out of this.

* Recent Photos

IMG_3218.JPG

Views: 1
By: Rollingrock

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal