Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: Mt biking video  (Read 52164 times)

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
Mt biking video
« Reply #105 on: February 05, 2021, 06:53:21 AM »
The VPN is a privacy thing so I can imagine that not allowing a connection. 

Also, I ordered through B&H Photo for my MacBook and they had them in stock.  Used their financing which is still 12 months 0%. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
Re: Mt biking video
« Reply #106 on: February 05, 2021, 09:12:25 AM »
The VPN is a privacy thing so I can imagine that not allowing a connection. 

Also, I ordered through B&H Photo for my MacBook and they had them in stock.  Used their financing which is still 12 months 0%. 

My laptop left China this morning...i won't see it until the 11th for sure.    The only good part, is that it is shipped with UPS.   
Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #107 on: February 05, 2021, 10:55:00 AM »
So my connections issues are not solved...spent 45 min on the phone with gopro, zero help. 

They are escalating...he said let me send you 2 new cameras, I was like nope, i will return them....when I said that he said that normally escalation takes 24 hours, he said he will do it now.  We'll see but I a getting my shit together to box this suckers up if they can't solve. 

Part of the issue with customer service is understanding english.   

getting more pissed by the hour.   

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #108 on: February 05, 2021, 11:06:06 AM »
So my connections issues are not solved...spent 45 min on the phone with gopro, zero help. 

They are escalating...he said let me send you 2 new cameras, I was like nope, i will return them....when I said that he said that normally escalation takes 24 hours, he said he will do it now.  We'll see but I a getting my shit together to box this suckers up if they can't solve. 

Here’s my issue with their solution of sending new cameras.  One camera having an issue, ok.  Could be a fluke thing.  But two?  There’s an issue.  Have you tried another device?  A kid or wife’s phone?  A tablet?  Anything with the ability to connect?  I would suggest not using something that’s also running a similar privacy setup as your own, such as the VPN.  It seems that it’s something that you are able to “clear” the issue and then it starts back up again.  Like something software related that is running in the background.  Almost like how windows has a million services always running in the background pointlessly sucking the life out of the computers performance. 

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #109 on: February 05, 2021, 11:49:16 AM »

Here’s my issue with their solution of sending new cameras.  One camera having an issue, ok.  Could be a fluke thing.  But two?  There’s an issue.  Have you tried another device?  A kid or wife’s phone?  A tablet?  Anything with the ability to connect?  I would suggest not using something that’s also running a similar privacy setup as your own, such as the VPN.  It seems that it’s something that you are able to “clear” the issue and then it starts back up again.  Like something software related that is running in the background.  Almost like how windows has a million services always running in the background pointlessly sucking the life out of the computers performance. 

This for sure isn't 1 camera, both act the same way so either its Android 11 or something else.   I am not running the VPN at all....and it will connect say every 20th time.   The ONLY thing GoPro suggested was to change the Wifi to 2.4ghz.   Its pretty frustrating. 

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #110 on: February 05, 2021, 11:53:41 AM »

This for sure isn't 1 camera, both act the same way so either its Android 11 or something else.   I am not running the VPN at all....and it will connect say every 20th time.   The ONLY thing GoPro suggested was to change the Wifi to 2.4ghz.   Its pretty frustrating.
I’ve never had an issue not being able to connect.  Only that it’s slow.  It takes entirely too much time.  I’m not sure I ever tried connecting from android 11. 

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #111 on: February 05, 2021, 12:49:59 PM »
Do you have any other devices you can try?  Maybe you can narrow it down to a device.  It would appear there’s a communication issue between your phone and the cameras for whatever reason.  What about someone else’s phone?  If it’s another android and it persists then try an apple product.  Even an iPad should work. 

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #112 on: February 05, 2021, 04:23:18 PM »
My MacBook is scheduled for delivery tomorrow.  Three days early!

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #113 on: February 05, 2021, 04:43:44 PM »

Nice.     Mine is in the air between LA and China....

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #114 on: February 05, 2021, 04:45:13 PM »

You’ll probably get to use yours first.  I’m super busy trying to get ready for my tennesseee trip and do that e any time to edit anything. I’ll probably set it up so I can take it with but that’s it. 

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #115 on: February 05, 2021, 04:46:01 PM »

You’ll probably get to use yours first.  I’m super busy trying to get ready for my tennesseee trip and do that e any time to edit anything. I’ll probably set it up so I can take it with but that’s it. 

Not much set up for me.   Log in and presto.    Go.   

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #116 on: February 05, 2021, 05:54:47 PM »

Not much set up for me.   Log in and presto.    Go.   

I hopefully having an iPhone now helps that with me.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #117 on: February 05, 2021, 11:07:02 PM »
I really don't want to box this shit up and send back.   

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #118 on: February 06, 2021, 04:44:01 PM »
I have yet to figure out a good set up for transporting and keeping all of my GoPro stuff together. 

Also,

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
Mt biking video
« Reply #119 on: February 07, 2021, 07:46:20 AM »
So, maybe not the best time for you amidst all of your GoPro issues but I figured I’d at least let you know it appears the Max Lense Mod is back in stock at GoPro.  Figured Ryan may be interested as well since he said he was going to get one.  It probably won’t be in stock long.

* Recent Photos

Views: 3
By: gipraw

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal