1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: Mt biking video  (Read 52106 times)

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
Re: Mt biking video
« Reply #90 on: February 04, 2021, 09:14:28 AM »
Hey Mike

I do so much in the cloud that I don't need a ton of storage and yes I do use external drives for DJI and GoPro....my "movie library" was MASSIVE on my work machine, 170g.   So I moved that to external so i coud edit more videos.   

As for drives, you can pretty much use anything.  I try and buy the better of the external HDD's....and i also format them to exfat so they can be used on both mac and pc.   (Just in case)

I just needed more horse power thus I oped for the new Apple chip vs intel.   They say its a better chip set and runs with much less power consumption which is good if you are remote a lot.   I have this tiny 12" macbook pro that I picked up from a neighbor for 200 bucks a couple of years back.   It has been my main machine for several years....to me that is the main advantage of Mac's they work for 5+ years b/c of the OS updates...only thing that really changes is chipsets and boards.   i still have some older iMacs that still work just fine but they can't process 4k anything.   So I am happy to have a modern laptop on the way.   If you don't mind the extra cash, spring for the 1tb but i didn't need it.   I have always wanted more space but again, my use cases have changed.  I use google drive and google photos for everything so that frees up all my space...additionally I no longer use iTunes for music...since we moved to Sonos in this house, I just use their servcies and pretty much live on Spotify for 99.9 of all our music.   
Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #91 on: February 04, 2021, 09:24:59 AM »
Hey Mike

I do so much in the cloud that I don't need a ton of storage and yes I do use external drives for DJI and GoPro....my "movie library" was MASSIVE on my work machine, 170g.   So I moved that to external so i coud edit more videos.   

As for drives, you can pretty much use anything.  I try and buy the better of the external HDD's....and i also format them to exfat so they can be used on both mac and pc.   (Just in case)

I just needed more horse power thus I oped for the new Apple chip vs intel.   They say its a better chip set and runs with much less power consumption which is good if you are remote a lot.   I have this tiny 12" macbook pro that I picked up from a neighbor for 200 bucks a couple of years back.   It has been my main machine for several years....to me that is the main advantage of Mac's they work for 5+ years b/c of the OS updates...only thing that really changes is chipsets and boards.   i still have some older iMacs that still work just fine but they can't process 4k anything.   So I am happy to have a modern laptop on the way.   If you don't mind the extra cash, spring for the 1tb but i didn't need it.   I have always wanted more space but again, my use cases have changed.  I use google drive and google photos for everything so that frees up all my space...additionally I no longer use iTunes for music...since we moved to Sonos in this house, I just use their servcies and pretty much live on Spotify for 99.9 of all our music.
So do you think $200 is worth it 500gb?  I don’t mind the external option.  I have an external HDD now that works just fine for when I finish a project or a group of photos I don’t plan on doing anything with for a while.  I guess $200 for 500gb doesn’t seem all that cost effective as a good external SSD. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #92 on: February 04, 2021, 09:33:08 AM »
Also, to get this back on track.  The ski resort a few minutes from my house is also a downhill mountain biking park.  It’s not all that exotics with the huge mountains of out west or in Canada.  I’ve never actually even seen the trails until I looked it up on YouTube and found this video.  Pennsylvania is extremely rocky.  On a small side note, at 8:37, you can see my property.  If you pause the video, on the far left side of the screen, dead center vertically you will see a vertical line cleared through the trees running up one of the hills. The base of that is my house.  Also, I’m surprised this guy didn’t wreck.

https://youtu.be/OFqu6IU0FL8

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #93 on: February 04, 2021, 10:22:48 AM »
Hey Mike

So do you think $200 is worth it 500gb?  I don’t mind the external option.  I have an external HDD now that works just fine for when I finish a project or a group of photos I don’t plan on doing anything with for a while.  I guess $200 for 500gb doesn’t seem all that cost effective as a good external SSD. 

To me the only real benift will be speed.    When things are on your hard drive they are faster to get to...they are faster to load to the net.   So for me, that would be a consideration but once I finish up a video, I leaving it on the HDD until its loaded to the web...then I move it to the external drive.  Is it worth it?   Sure, their hard drivers are good, solid state.    (may want to double check that).  but a good external drive is cheaper than 200 bucks.  512 is good enough for me.  Its what is on my work machine.   

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
Mt biking video
« Reply #94 on: February 04, 2021, 10:29:34 AM »
Hey Mike

To me the only real benift will be speed.    When things are on your hard drive they are faster to get to...they are faster to load to the net.   So for me, that would be a consideration but once I finish up a video, I leaving it on the HDD until its loaded to the web...then I move it to the external drive.  Is it worth it?   Sure, their hard drivers are good, solid state.    (may want to double check that).  but a good external drive is cheaper than 200 bucks.  512 is good enough for me.  Its what is on my work machine.
That’s exactly my intended use and how I feel about it.  I was more or less looking for a solid argument against that but you more or less confirmed my way of thinking. 

By the way, if Cassie asks, I’m 100% blaming you for this purchase so you are likely on her shit list. 

« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 11:24:33 AM by Kitzy »

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #95 on: February 04, 2021, 05:44:37 PM »
I just remembered something.  I was just watching one of the videos you posted.  You remastered the colors I guess and reposted it.  Colors looked good for what it’s worth.  That has nothing to do with what I wanted to say.  A small trick to syncing up multiple angles like what you’re using is the clap method.  Start the cameras and before you start getting any useable footage, do a clap or double clap.  Something to create a spike in the sound when you look at it in the editing software so you can line those spikes up. 

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #96 on: February 04, 2021, 05:51:42 PM »
Dude..... that is genius.   

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #97 on: February 04, 2021, 05:54:17 PM »
Dude..... that is genius.   

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
Yes sir.  I thought the same thing when it was told to me. 

By the way, my MacBook Pro should here Tuesday. 

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #98 on: February 04, 2021, 09:05:18 PM »
You move quick Mike, lol.

2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #99 on: February 04, 2021, 10:59:58 PM »
Hate to say this, well not really. 

But I am probably returning my GoPro's.    Cannot get them to connect for preview.   Just did a 1.5 hour ride and the footage is totally useless b.c I was not able to properly aim the cameras due to preview not working.   Rebooted phone, removed app, reloaded...spent 45 min in the parking lot today trying to get them to work, said the f word it and well, useless material.

Calling GoPro in the morning. If they can't solve this issue, they are going back and I am buying DJI's or Insta360'

If you can't tell, I am the f wording pissed right now.   

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #100 on: February 04, 2021, 11:02:43 PM »
Not sure how you got it so quick.  Mine won't be here until the 11th.   

all I did was ask for 16g of memory. 

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #101 on: February 04, 2021, 11:40:41 PM »
I have to say I am major disappointed in these 9's.   Camera seems to work great but connecting to the app and preview just won't work consistently with me.

Calling GoPro in the morning but if they can't solve in 15 min, they are going back.  I have burned so much time searching youtube for answers, nothing.   Talked to GoPro about this a week ago via Chat, was totally useless as well.   All i was trying to do is do an update....ended up figuring it out on my own.

So disgusted with GoPro right now. 

Now the cameras won't connect at all.   

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #102 on: February 04, 2021, 11:46:24 PM »
The DJI looks pretty good, honestly.

2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #103 on: February 05, 2021, 12:10:19 AM »
Gonna factory reset these and start over AGAIN.    THis time without the VPN connected...saw that on a video. 

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #104 on: February 05, 2021, 12:25:24 AM »
SOLVED......i suspect the VPN was causing issues.  Tantrum over.   :beat:

Still flipping pissed.    Going to keep testing tonight.

* Recent Photos

IMG_1126.JPG

Views: 2
By: Rollingrock

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal