March 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: Mt biking video  (Read 52112 times)

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
Re: Mt biking video
« Reply #75 on: January 31, 2021, 10:48:35 PM »
Just dropped my first Side by Side Video....front and rear view.

Wasn't able to sync them perfectly but it is what it is. 

Youtube is processing my HD 4K version but here is my first side by side session of a down hill run called Bluejay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5NX19MBp5U
Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #76 on: February 01, 2021, 12:34:05 AM »
Not bad at all! looks like a pretty fun little trail.

What did you for audio? Your voice came across really well.
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #77 on: February 01, 2021, 01:43:58 AM »

LOL....thanks man, but that is a proline jump line..this is just the top side....I film the whole run, more vids coming.   OK....mics and stuff.   This is a whole conversation.   Short answer is, the reason why you can hear me so well, is that's b/c the 9's have front,side and rear mics.... and I am only like 6 inches away from the back of the camera on my helmet chin mount.  Lastly the super trick....I have the Wind Noice OFF on the camera and using a wind sock on it.  That is why you hear my heart rate.....LOL.    Those mics are super sensitive.   

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #78 on: February 01, 2021, 10:57:15 AM »
gents

I dropped another vid last night on another trail. 

I have a conference call today at 11 am then off to ride somewhere.

Check this one out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2w7ELKGXXY&t=7s

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #79 on: February 01, 2021, 11:03:37 AM »
I’ll bite, who is she? 

That hard switchback made me laugh.  I know I’d come in hot and go for a ride.  I’m too wreckless for sports like this. 

I think the two videos side by side is a lot to take in.  I like the concept but I like it more as a shorter take rather than the main footage.  I think I’d like it from the forward facing view with parts of the bike in the frame,  switching to the rear view and then occasionally at certain times like more intense sections or what not, use the double view, even if it means maybe showing the section forward first and then back tracking the video and doing the rear shot or the double shot again so you can see both.  I don’t know.  Just ideas.  It’s a shame you cant stop and set up a third party view from within the trees to catch you fully in the frame. I imagine it really breaks your momentum and pace and not to mention having to go back the other direction to make the run again. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #80 on: February 01, 2021, 11:38:57 AM »

LOL....thanks man, but that is a proline jump line..this is just the top side....I film the whole run, more vids coming.   OK....mics and stuff.   This is a whole conversation.   Short answer is, the reason why you can hear me so well, is that's b/c the 9's have front,side and rear mics.... and I am only like 6 inches away from the back of the camera on my helmet chin mount.  Lastly the super trick....I have the Wind Noice OFF on the camera and using a wind sock on it.  That is why you hear my heart rate.....LOL.    Those mics are super sensitive.
Truly not trying to insult. This is what I think of, when someone says proline. I haven’t hit this run for 4 years and don’t think I could do it now however. It gets bigger every year, kinda nuts.

https://youtu.be/91kEmg7-Ejo

This is on the local mountain we now ride. It would be at my absolute limit to hit all of these. I would probably do the ride-arounds on a couple.

https://youtu.be/8L9GZV6-uHQ

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #81 on: February 01, 2021, 06:21:52 PM »
From today.    Full criss country route.     mike....that lady is Sarah Hucabee Sanders.   

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #82 on: February 01, 2021, 06:45:42 PM »

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #83 on: February 01, 2021, 07:00:47 PM »
Great pictures, man.  Looks beautiful there.  Quite the difference to what I’m seeing right now.  Haha

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #84 on: February 01, 2021, 07:54:31 PM »
Those laid out better in Tapatalk, then on the PC. Great pictures!

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #85 on: February 01, 2021, 10:25:15 PM »
JP, are you running something like this?
https://www.amazon.ca/Taisioner-Windslayer-Housing-Reduction-Accessory/dp/B083LS2VTY

Hey, this is the one I am using. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B087CSR3QV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And yes i know you didn't mean to belittle that downhill....but this proline and Lucky 13 are legit....given you have probably longer runs, these trails were built by Gravity Logic...same folks who built Thunder Mountain, Whistler and a lot of trails in BC.    Gravity logic knows how to build gravity runs.  Bluejay is considered a "proline". but its not really as aggressive...some of those table tops are 12 foot in length, a couple of the doubles, I can't clear.   Lucky 13 has some big gap jumps...the biggest is almost 20 fit.   I can't clear it, I take the B Line.   What you really need to watch on YouTube is NWA, a trail feature called "Drop The Hammer".  youtube that and see these road gap drops...they are flipping insane.  I am doing them in a couple months.   

Check this one out....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8EPfPyiaGM

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #86 on: February 02, 2021, 12:21:30 AM »
I’ll bite, who is she? 

That hard switchback made me laugh.  I know I’d come in hot and go for a ride.  I’m too wreckless for sports like this. 

I think the two videos side by side is a lot to take in.  I like the concept but I like it more as a shorter take rather than the main footage.  I think I’d like it from the forward facing view with parts of the bike in the frame,  switching to the rear view and then occasionally at certain times like more intense sections or what not, use the double view, even if it means maybe showing the section forward first and then back tracking the video and doing the rear shot or the double shot again so you can see both.  I don’t know.  Just ideas.  It’s a shame you cant stop and set up a third party view from within the trees to catch you fully in the frame. I imagine it really breaks your momentum and pace and not to mention having to go back the other direction to make the run again. 

Mike, good feedback, I am looking at some issues with youtube right now.  Need to re-read your thoughts but well received and good call out. 

JP

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #87 on: February 02, 2021, 08:41:08 AM »
I noticed right away that the clarity in your voice and lack of wind noise was excellent.  I’d say that’s a winning set up then. 

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #88 on: February 02, 2021, 11:51:14 PM »

Truly not trying to insult. This is what I think of, when someone says proline. I haven’t hit this run for 4 years and don’t think I could do it now however. It gets bigger every year, kinda nuts.

https://youtu.be/91kEmg7-Ejo

This is on the local mountain we now ride. It would be at my absolute limit to hit all of these. I would probably do the ride-arounds on a couple.

https://youtu.be/8L9GZV6-uHQ

Just reread this and realized you were referring to Dirt Merchant.  I don't know this trail but I now the lines from videos.  Ok, you got me here.   Bluejay isn't Dirt Merchant.  Those gaps and drops are just about 1/3 larger and more like Lucky 13 up here in Northwoods.  That said, Bluejay is still a proline but I would say to compare, they are different, not quite as expansive.    Now, Drop the Hammer section of Cease and Desist in NWA, is totally legit uber proline that rivals Fort Hood.   Can you clear/clean that run at Dirt Merchant?   If you can, I want to ride with you!   I only have a few buddies at my ability level....otherwise i get bored a lot with some friends b.c I have to wait, stop, wait, stop, wait....ugh.    Oh and my other friends usually have mechanicals and we have to stop for stupid stuff that they should of checked prior to swinging a leg over...very frustrating.   

BTW guys i just dropped a new vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p71dHo_ak7U&t=38s
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 11:54:46 PM by Rollingrock »

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #89 on: February 04, 2021, 09:00:07 AM »
I’ll bite, who is she? 

Mike, good feedback, I am looking at some issues with youtube right now.  Need to re-read your thoughts but well received and good call out. 

JP
Jason, I know you opted for the 512GB MacBook Pro because you use external drives.  The 1TB option is $200 more but it looks like external drives are cheaper than that.  I have no experience with Macs so is there anything more to consider?  Do they use any proprietary drives or anything where I would need a specific drive that maybe is more expensive? 

* Recent Photos

Views: 6
By: Rollingrock

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal