April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: Mt biking video  (Read 54313 times)

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
Re: Mt biking video
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2021, 08:45:23 PM »
Ok Mike

I watched that vid.  I still like my Chin Mount but I do like this max lens mod on the chest but holy crap did he totaly over warm that section of video.  That is too much for me and it almost washes out in color that isn't real. 

so that said, for this weekend, I am going with Chin mount and rear seat mount....HOWEVER I have a new mount that I got in...its what they call an Out In Front.    Basically you will only be able to see the top of my front tire and the trail.   I may try that out this weekend b/c my new night riding lights mount where my Garmin is current mounted so I need to find a new spot for that.  The cockpit is getting crowded with gear.   There is only so much real estate on that bar and stem.   

I am ordering the max lens mod Jason, so I can provide some feedback if you like. I’m getting it specifically for horizon lock when Mtn biking. I think it would look super cool when diving into corners, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now we are talking.  I have considered it for the side by side and quad.  Every time I have myself convinced I need it, it’s out of stock.  Probably because it’s almost always out of stock.

So I can’t find a local source for one, strange... guess I’ll check EBay

You may be better off getting it direct from GoPro....consider the subscription as Mike points out, you get a good discount.   I will prob get the mod for 1 of the my 2 9's....but shit, this thing has cost me some serious cash....2 9's, cases, batterys, chargers, tripods, new Macbook pro....memory cards.....f me...
Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2021, 09:45:40 PM »
It’s pretty easy to dive down the rabbit hole on this stuff. Looks like it’s sold out, probably why it’s not showing up locally as well.

2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2021, 10:11:56 PM »
New MacBook Pro?  With the M1?  The 2021 is supposed to be a marked improvement over even the new M1.  Possibly even an M2 in the larger 16”.  That will probably be priced out of my league currently. 

The Max Lense Mod always sells out.  Not sure how people keep getting them on the GoPro group on facebook. 

When I go riding I take all of my mounts with me so I can get creative.  I always envision different angles such as underneath, forward and rear facing, suspension shots, in cab angles.  Then I get riding and realize I’m a muddy mess and do t want to mess with everything and no one wants to wait for me to rig something else up just to stop a short time later and change it again.  Riding solo though, I’d probably be able to put together a good video including angles from tripods and trees of me coming in hot and sliding corners and what not.  But then it’s boring not having anyone to ride with and get them on film.  POV is boring and you want that third person perspective sometimes. 

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2021, 10:13:50 PM »
It’s pretty easy to dive down the rabbit hole on this stuff. Looks like it’s sold out, probably why it’s not showing up locally as well.

Yeah given the 9's popularity and function, they are also a tad hard to get....the mods are tougher. 

Hell, try finding anything cycling releated right now is a challenge.  I am on the hunt for a new Fox DPS Float long travel shock...ETA June.     

Sram Chains....ETA, May.     Fox Cycling gear....sold out.   Pearl Izumi gear....sold out.  Troy Lee Designs gear, Sold Out.   

Its flipping nutts.    Once this shame of pandemic is over, the bike scene is going to be flooded with deals of people trying to sell bikes and gear.   

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2021, 10:15:59 PM »
New MacBook Pro?  With the M1?  The 2021 is supposed to be a marked improvement over even the new M1.  Possibly even an M2 in the larger 16”.  That will probably be priced out of my league currently. 

The Max Lense Mod always sells out.  Not sure how people keep getting them on the GoPro group on facebook. 

When I go riding I take all of my mounts with me so I can get creative.  I always envision different angles such as underneath, forward and rear facing, suspension shots, in cab angles.  Then I get riding and realize I’m a muddy mess and do t want to mess with everything and no one wants to wait for me to rig something else up just to stop a short time later and change it again.  Riding solo though, I’d probably be able to put together a good video including angles from tripods and trees of me coming in hot and sliding corners and what not.  But then it’s boring not having anyone to ride with and get them on film.  POV is boring and you want that third person perspective sometimes. 

Here's your new Mac.

MacBook Pro for 12 mo. at 0% APR

Hardware:
Apple M1 chip with 8‑core CPU, 8‑core GPU, and 16‑core Neural Engine
16GB unified memory
512GB SSD storage
13-inch Retina display with True Tone
Two Thunderbolt / USB 4 ports
Touch Bar and Touch ID
Backlit Magic Keyboard - US English
Accessory Kit
Software:
Photos, iMovie, GarageBand
Pages, Numbers, Keynote
macOS

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2021, 10:17:09 PM »
MacBook Pro arrives around Feb 20th.....yup...Feb 20th. 

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2021, 10:21:10 PM »
This is my cycling gear pack method.    Lay it all out and take what I need for various conditions.     

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2021, 11:56:52 PM »
Almost done.....packed for 3 months.   

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2021, 07:38:19 AM »
Almost done.....packed for 3 months.   

You forgot beer.  :yoda:

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
Mt biking video
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2021, 08:09:09 AM »

Here's your new Mac.

Hardware:
16GB unified memory
512GB SSD storage
Touch Bar and Touch ID
Accessory Kit
Software:
Pages, Numbers, Keynote
macOS
Ahhhhhh!!!

You had me at 12 mo, 0%.  I’ve got some thinking to do. 

Apples website only shows 8gb unified memory as an option with the m1

« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 08:11:40 AM by Kitzy »
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2021, 08:54:29 AM »

Here's your new Mac.

Hardware:
16GB unified memory
512GB SSD storage
Touch Bar and Touch ID
Accessory Kit
Software:
Pages, Numbers, Keynote
macOS
Ahhhhhh!!!

Yeah totally had me too at the 12 for Zero....I used the Education discount (for my daughter) LOL...it is 10%.  My company provides an 8% discount so the ed one was better.  I opted for the customized mac, hence the 16g of ram vs 8.   Why?   B.c my current macbook pro is a 16g and it does make a difference.   Gives you more umph for these 4K videos.   

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2021, 08:57:08 AM »

Here's your new Mac.

Hardware:
16GB unified memory
512GB SSD storage
Touch Bar and Touch ID
Accessory Kit
Software:
Pages, Numbers, Keynote
macOS
Ahhhhhh!!!

Yeah totally had me too at the 12 for Zero....I used the Education discount (for my daughter) LOL...it is 10%.  My company provides an 8% discount so the ed one was better.  I opted for the customized mac, hence the 16g of ram vs 8.   Why?   B.c my current macbook pro is a 16g and it does make a difference.   Gives you more umph for these 4K videos.
B&H offers their own 12 mo, 0% financing and they have the 16gb version.  Just not sure I want to pull the trigger yet. 

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2021, 10:02:42 PM »
I may or may not have bought a Mavic Pro 2 today...
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2021, 10:04:38 PM »
I can’t even begin to tell you how jealous I would be when I think about that and where you take the truck.  You could get some unreal pictures, providing it’s not a no fly zone. 

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2021, 10:13:57 PM »
Saweeeeeet!!!!!

* Recent Photos

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal