March 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: Mt biking video  (Read 52090 times)

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
Re: Mt biking video
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2021, 07:41:47 AM »
Hey now.  Don’t put that expert stuff on me.  Haha.  Im just a little seasoned. Always reading and always learning. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2021, 12:41:14 PM »
Way farther ahead than I am on this stuff, that’s for sure!

2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2021, 12:14:46 PM »
Got it yesterday and charged it up. It a heck of an upgrade from my 3+, lol.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2021, 01:50:31 PM »
Got it yesterday and charged it up. It a heck of an upgrade from my 3+, lol.

Yea agreed, much better than the 3+.     So if you guys got any tips on how to make it connect to your phones better, I am all ears...i just need to connect to properly aim from time to time and for whatever reason, gopro makes that really difficult.   Sometimes I spend 15 min getting them to connect, then I have lost a lot of battery life.    Very frustrated with that aspect. 
Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2021, 05:50:36 PM »
I hate the connection to mobile.  It works but it’s very slow.  These batteries don’t last long enough so as it is so you just want to be able to power on and go.  There’s nothing more frustrating and disappointing than finding out after the fact that you had it at a bad angle.

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2021, 06:27:26 PM »
I hate the connection to mobile.  It works but it’s very slow.  These batteries don’t last long enough so as it is so you just want to be able to power on and go.  There’s nothing more frustrating and disappointing than finding out after the fact that you had it at a bad angle.

For me I have to do two things.   1:  Make sure the VPN is turned off on the phone...2.  power up the cameras first then open the app....its kind of like our DJI stuff...one works better started first.  I always turn on the controller first...then the drone AFTER a clean boot. 

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2021, 04:04:03 PM »
I am no help at all with your mobile connection.  However, I mentioned the Max Lense Mod.  I just came across this video which isn’t over the top but a pretty good real world representation of what it can do.  The downside is that you can only shoot in 2.7k max.  Check it out though.  Video includes drones. 

https://youtu.be/OXrkgOBhGM8

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2021, 04:44:21 PM »
I am no help at all with your mobile connection.  However, I mentioned the Max Lense Mod.  I just came across this video which isn’t over the top but a pretty good real world representation of what it can do.  The downside is that you can only shoot in 2.7k max.  Check it out though.  Video includes drones. 

I am pretty disgusted with GoPro right now...this whole connection thing.....when I tried to get support, the tech was texting to me as if I was a 5 year old.  I ended the conversation and hit the web trying to find better support and I DID.   I did manually upload updates to them which is said to be better.   However, I am lets say average 400 bucks in each for these cameras...the max lens mod is ANOTHER 100 bucks.   Yeah, I will wait for that price to drop but Mike....i thought the cam already had locked horizon even if you didn't have the lens mod.   I though that is what the boost did, was lock the horizon.   

JP

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2021, 05:53:24 PM »

I am pretty disgusted with GoPro right now...this whole connection thing.....when I tried to get support, the tech was texting to me as if I was a 5 year old.  I ended the conversation and hit the web trying to find better support and I DID.   I did manually upload updates to them which is said to be better.   However, I am lets say average 400 bucks in each for these cameras...the max lens mod is ANOTHER 100 bucks.   Yeah, I will wait for that price to drop but Mike....i thought the cam already had locked horizon even if you didn't have the lens mod.   I though that is what the boost did, was lock the horizon.   

JP
Depending on the mode you’re in, the horizon does lock but not to the same extent.  I will try to find a video comparing that aspect.  I know I watched one. 

It is $100 but keep in mind you purchased the subscription to GoPro when you bought the latest camera which gives you 30% (I think) off accessories from GoPro’s website.  I’m not trying to convince you.  Just throwing it out there. 

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2021, 06:04:07 PM »
Skip the talking if you want and get right to the sample video.  For horizon lock you need to be in linear mode I believe.  It works but it’s only affective against a certain amount of movement where the max lense mod is a full 360 degrees.  So if you take a gnarly roll on the bike it will stay locked.  I think.  Not sure if major impact has any affect on it. 

https://youtu.be/VL8fHFh-Ppc

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2021, 11:04:03 PM »
I am ordering the max lens mod Jason, so I can provide some feedback if you like. I’m getting it specifically for horizon lock when Mtn biking. I think it would look super cool when diving into corners, etc.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2021, 06:35:32 AM »
I am ordering the max lens mod Jason, so I can provide some feedback if you like. I’m getting it specifically for horizon lock when Mtn biking. I think it would look super cool when diving into corners, etc.

Now we are talking.  I have considered it for the side by side and quad.  Every time I have myself convinced I need it, it’s out of stock.  Probably because it’s almost always out of stock.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
Mt biking video
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2021, 12:33:13 PM »
Ok so check out this video.  It’s a direct comparison to the things I’ve been mentioning from horizon lock to the chest mount and it’s on a mountain bike.  It’s awesome how these things have progressed. 

I agree that the field of view appears to be cropped down tighter and it takes away from the video with the Max Lense Mod.  That said, I prefer the chest mount angle anyway.  I like that added bit of the background and being able to see ahead.  I love how the bike is moving around the field of view while everything else stays dead level and centered. 

I want one of these but I spend half of my time while riding, reaching up to wipe off mud and water from the lense of my GoPro.  I dont think that would be as easy with the exposed convex design of the Max Lense Mod.  I’ve also been drilled in the goggles by large rocks being kicked up by the person ahead of me while cruising at 30-40mph.  I can’t imagine what one ill placed rock would do to that lense. 

EDIT - I forgot to post the video...

https://youtu.be/RVwHDBYQdZ8
 On a side note, when he switches to chest mount from chin mount, the over saturation is an eye killer.  He sorts it out pretty quick but wow that looked bad. 

« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 12:35:42 PM by Kitzy »

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2021, 08:29:29 PM »
Thanks Mike , gonna check it out now and watch. 

I have a chest mount already but with my USWE hydration pack, I can't have both b.c it buckles in the middle.   However, USWE makes a chest mounted adapter strap system but its on back order until Mid Feb, I am on the list.    That said, i am actually packing up right now to head up to Northwoods Trail system in Hot Springs for a rare solo weekend getaway.   Just me my truck and my bike.   

I will take my chest harness and a couple of water bottles so i leave the pack at my truck for a lap and ride with the chest mount.  Also going to do some VLOG sytel videos on the way to document why we are doing this channel, our vision and goals.   Yes I plan on scaling back my videos to 10 min or less.   Its hard when your trail is 10-20 miles or your ride is 15-25 miles.   I did also get the remote the remote can control up to 5 cameras in multi mode so I plan on doing a side by side of the front view with the rear view if I can figure out how to do that using iMovie.   

you see, that is the real magic...taking our shitting footage and making it cool.    I love Berm Peak.  Seth does a really good job.   

This guy is who we follow and admire.    Something about how he does his vids, they just suck you in and you can't turn away.   I want that user experience.   

I guess I can learn from the Drone videos...i was told early on, 5-12 seconds then change clips....keeps the viewer interested.   We'll see.     

Check out Berm Peak when you get some time.   

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu8YylsPiu9XfaQC74Hr_Gw

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2021, 08:36:19 PM »

Now we are talking.  I have considered it for the side by side and quad.  Every time I have myself convinced I need it, it’s out of stock.  Probably because it’s almost always out of stock.

So I can’t find a local source for one, strange... guess I’ll check EBay

* Recent Photos

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal