The Café Detailing Help Desk > Detailing Help

Removing Baked on Bug Guts

(1/3) > >>

Too Stroked:
Ok boys and girls, I need some help. Part of my standard detailing process at work is to remove bug splatter from the front of vehicles as needed. I generally used a bug remover product from our local detailing supply house and it works great - usually. I've had a few vehicles as of late though where I flat out could not get the bug guts off. It appears that the previous vehicle owners just left the bug guts on to bake - for a long period of time. I've tried the bug remover, soaking with soap suds, Pro Solv, Klenzol, and even the cleaner we use under the hood. No joy.

Any suggestions?

Blown F-150:

--- Quote from: Too Stroked on August 22, 2020, 02:39:06 PM ---Ok boys and girls, I need some help. Part of my standard detailing process at work is to remove bug splatter from the front of vehicles as needed. I generally used a bug remover product from our local detailing supply house and it works great - usually. I've had a few vehicles as of late though where I flat out could not get the bug guts off. It appears that the previous vehicle owners just left the bug guts on to bake - for a long period of time. I've tried the bug remover, soaking with soap suds, Pro Solv, Klenzol, and even the cleaner we use under the hood. No joy.

Any suggestions?

--- End quote ---
Have you tried Poor Boys Bug Squash?  I don’t leave bugs on too long, but it always seems effective in getting them off. Sometimes though I gotta use a bug sponge for stubborn situations.

https://www.autogeek.net/best-bug-sponge.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too Stroked:

--- Quote from: Blown F-150 on August 22, 2020, 07:37:20 PM ---
--- Quote from: Too Stroked on August 22, 2020, 02:39:06 PM ---Ok boys and girls, I need some help. Part of my standard detailing process at work is to remove bug splatter from the front of vehicles as needed. I generally used a bug remover product from our local detailing supply house and it works great - usually. I've had a few vehicles as of late though where I flat out could not get the bug guts off. It appears that the previous vehicle owners just left the bug guts on to bake - for a long period of time. I've tried the bug remover, soaking with soap suds, Pro Solv, Klenzol, and even the cleaner we use under the hood. No joy.

Any suggestions?

--- End quote ---
Have you tried Poor Boys Bug Squash?  I don’t leave bugs on too long, but it always seems effective in getting them off. Sometimes though I gotta use a bug sponge for stubborn situations.

https://www.autogeek.net/best-bug-sponge.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---
Yes, no luck. Also tried some new 3D Bug Remover. These things are baked on.

Kitzy:
What about an iron remover?  This is just throwing sh!t at the wall and seeing what sticks. 

Tarminator?  Goo Gone? 

We just did a driveway for a customer who recently had their driveway sealed.  We masked off everything that was to remain black and did our thing.  The tape left behind a clear residue that yellowed over the following week.  My boss when back to clean the residue off and used goo gone.  Removed the residue instantly, and the driveway sealer.  New problem, but point being, it's strong stuff. 

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Too Stroked:

--- Quote from: Kitzy on August 23, 2020, 06:25:52 AM ---What about an iron remover?  This is just throwing sh!t at the wall and seeing what sticks. 

Tarminator?  Goo Gone? 

We just did a driveway for a customer who recently had their driveway sealed.  We masked off everything that was to remain black and did our thing.  The tape left behind a clear residue that yellowed over the following week.  My boss when back to clean the residue off and used goo gone.  Removed the residue instantly, and the driveway sealer.  New problem, but point being, it's strong stuff. 

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---
Hmmm, haven't tried Tarminator yet. What the heck, I've tried everything else. I'm starting to think that when the bug guts baked in over a long period of time, they etched the clear coat just like bird crap.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version