* Calendar

March 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: 5th Wheeler Camper guys...  (Read 25950 times)

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
Re: 5th Wheeler Camper guys...
« Reply #75 on: December 12, 2020, 08:40:48 PM »
That’s pretty great. Would the quad to straight in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unfortunately not.  It’s roughly 7 feet long and the sxs is 10ish.  Quad is only 48 or 49 inches wide so right around 4’.

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #76 on: December 13, 2020, 11:55:34 PM »
I hate you.   

:uugly:
Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: December 14, 2020, 07:40:42 AM »
I hate you.   

Haha hell of a drive by post.

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #78 on: December 14, 2020, 01:53:38 PM »
I hate you.   

LOL, just super proud for you guys and quite jelly too.  Looks awesome.    Bring that rig down to Texas.  !!!  Lets Glamp!!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: December 14, 2020, 08:43:13 PM »
I hate you.   

LOL, just super proud for you guys and quite jelly too.  Looks awesome.    Bring that rig down to Texas.  !!!  Lets Glamp!!
You’re always at Jellystone.  We looked at one in western PA.  They’re not cheap (compared to others).  You’re a baller.  Haha.  I’m sure well worth it from the pictures I saw.  This one looked like a water park. 

Cassie has already mentioned almost every state so far.  Haha.  She’s ready to go.  I have a buddy at work who’s actually going down to the Dallas area on Saturday for a few weeks.  I’d be a little jealous of him if it wasn’t a stupid situation.  Haha

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #80 on: December 22, 2020, 12:03:27 AM »
I hate you.   

You’re always at Jellystone.  We looked at one in western PA.  They’re not cheap (compared to others).  You’re a baller.  Haha.  I’m sure well worth it from the pictures I saw.  This one looked like a water park. 

Cassie has already mentioned almost every state so far.  Haha.  She’s ready to go.  I have a buddy at work who’s actually going down to the Dallas area on Saturday for a few weeks.  I’d be a little jealous of him if it wasn’t a stupid situation.  Haha

Jellystones will nicke and dime you to death.  Its not our go to b.c of the cost.  Sometimes the "Red Carpet" sites are 180 PER NIGHT.   So dumb.  Just glad we never pay that, we have some pull at our local JellyStone and they give us the reduced rate at 80 per night....and while it is over priced, we do get open wifi...so we can run all our TV;s and devices full out.  Something we can't even do at our home.      That said, we love local resorts...the best and most expensive around us is 45 per night.  That is on par with most parks excluding CORP and State Parks which are usually between 14-25 per night.   Some of ours have full hook ups with 50 amp service.  That will be your struggle with your rig...finding full 50 amp hook ups reasonable per night.   They are not cheap.   But, it beats a hotel and your have YOUR shit.   

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #81 on: December 24, 2020, 07:24:42 AM »
I hate you.   

Jellystones will nicke and dime you to death.  Its not our go to b.c of the cost.  Sometimes the "Red Carpet" sites are 180 PER NIGHT.   So dumb.  Just glad we never pay that, we have some pull at our local JellyStone and they give us the reduced rate at 80 per night....and while it is over priced, we do get open wifi...so we can run all our TV;s and devices full out.  Something we can't even do at our home.      That said, we love local resorts...the best and most expensive around us is 45 per night.  That is on par with most parks excluding CORP and State Parks which are usually between 14-25 per night.   Some of ours have full hook ups with 50 amp service.  That will be your struggle with your rig...finding full 50 amp hook ups reasonable per night.   They are not cheap.   But, it beats a hotel and your have YOUR shit.
We wanted to stay at jellystone to take Cassie’s niece because she would enjoy everything they have to offer.  It probably won’t happen for a lot of stupid reasons though.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #82 on: January 06, 2021, 12:41:58 PM »
There’s a lot going on in the cab now.  From left to right is obviously a GPS but it’s specific to RVs so we can program in our setup (height, weight, width, type of trailer,etc).  Pennsylvania is very rural with a lot of windy roads and small bridges and low under passes.  In fact there’s a covered bridge right down the street from my house that I shouldn’t be crossing with my truck but I fit and as long as I’m not hauling anything I am underweight, barely, even though that’s not how the rules work.  The GPS also has a dash cam built in which I don’t care much about but figure it couldn’t hurt.

The middle device is the trailers tire pressure monitoring system.  It came with the camper so I see no reason not to run it. 

The right device is the back up camera.  The camper came prewired for it with a bracket already installed.  I just needed to get the camera and the screen.  It was pretty clear that we needed a camera as soon as we got it home in the driveway and had to get it turned around and backed in.  I may even get the side cameras for it just for piece of mind.  It’s a lot of rig. 

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #83 on: January 06, 2021, 06:50:50 PM »
There’s a lot going on in the cab now.  From left to right is obviously a GPS but it’s specific to RVs so we can program in our setup (height, weight, width, type of trailer,etc).  Pennsylvania is very rural with a lot of windy roads and small bridges and low under passes.  In fact there’s a covered bridge right down the street from my house that I shouldn’t be crossing with my truck but I fit and as long as I’m not hauling anything I am underweight, barely, even though that’s not how the rules work.  The GPS also has a dash cam built in which I don’t care much about but figure it couldn’t hurt.

The middle device is the trailers tire pressure monitoring system.  It came with the camper so I see no reason not to run it. 

The right device is the back up camera.  The camper came prewired for it with a bracket already installed.  I just needed to get the camera and the screen.  It was pretty clear that we needed a camera as soon as we got it home in the driveway and had to get it turned around and backed in.  I may even get the side cameras for it just for piece of mind.  It’s a lot of rig. 

Gonna need a bigger dash ... :redneck:

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #84 on: January 06, 2021, 09:06:36 PM »
Any issues with the wireless cam?   I have hesitated to buy mine. 

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
5th Wheeler Camper guys...
« Reply #85 on: January 06, 2021, 09:18:04 PM »
Any issues with the wireless cam?   I have hesitated to buy mine.
I expected a little better quality picture.  I haven’t taken it out for a ride yet so I can’t comment on anything more than just being parked.  Mine is prewired and that is through the lights so you do need to have your lights on for the camera to be powered on.  I found that out after I couldn’t get it to work and took it back off.  I had the auto lights on so the lights didn’t come on.  All I had to do was flip the parking lights on.  The real test will be cruising at 70 miles an hour with the camera and screen being so far away from each other but I’ve read good reviews.  My setup is 61’ or 62’ long.  The 7 inch screen feels and looks massive on the dash.  I may have opted for a 5 inch screen had I realized.  They also have a 4.3” screen but that would be pretty small.  I wanted the 7” in case I added the other cameras and had them all displayed at the same time.  That way they wouldn’t look too small to see. 

« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 09:29:08 PM by Kitzy »

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #86 on: January 06, 2021, 09:42:00 PM »
I looked at the Ford Kit that comes with 4 TPMS sensors that you can add (2017+) also with camera but it does require wiring....so I dumped that idea. 

The Furrion seems to work just fine or else they wouldn't be prewire all the campers these days.   Good feedback, still not sure if we are keeping this rig or not.   

After today, probably not a bad idea to keep it

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #87 on: January 06, 2021, 09:43:16 PM »
I looked at the Ford Kit that comes with 4 TPMS sensors that you can add (2017+) also with camera but it does require wiring....so I dumped that idea. 

The Furrion seems to work just fine or else they wouldn't be prewire all the campers these days.   Good feedback, still not sure if we are keeping this rig or not.   

Or trade it for more ammo...

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #88 on: January 06, 2021, 10:37:58 PM »

Or trade it for more ammo...

I am pretty well stocked. 

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #89 on: January 12, 2021, 01:06:58 PM »
So I still hate these tires on my truck.  I won’t be buying any this winter unless I suddenly come in to a few thousand dollars I don’t know what to do with.  Not likely to happen.  The truck has H load rated tires but I’m not sure how necessary that is.  The truck has a 14,000lb gvwr.  That’s not any different than f350/3500 duallies which don’t run H rated tires (I don’t think).  We just got a new Chevy 4500 (new medium duty with the flip forward hood) at work which had a 16,000lb gvwr and it came with G load rated tires.  They’re Goodyear rather than the Continental HSR (steering) tires that my truck has on it.  The Goodyear is a much better looking tire.  I have no idea if it’s any good in the snow or not but it can’t be any worse than the HSRs.  If I could get it to even move an inch in even a coating of snow then it’d be downright dangerous on the road.  There are more options in G rated tires than H rated tires.  Lesser trucks get away with running lower rated tires and still meet the requirements for towing what I’m towing.  Just trying to do my research a head of time.  Most of the debate seems to be between Continental and Toyo tires but there are a lot of G rated tires out there. 

* Recent Photos

SDC10055.JPG

Views: 6
By: attworth

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal