1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: 5th Wheeler Camper guys...  (Read 25877 times)

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
Re: 5th Wheeler Camper guys...
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2020, 10:00:56 AM »
Pups love it.  Opie (black one) was getting mad at me when I stopped letting him in when I was trying to do things. 

As far as using it.  We can’t boondocks because we dont have a generator but we can go anywhere that had a full hook up.  Unfortunately camping season is over at most campsites but we can go south.  Cassie has a handful of vacation she can use and I have 3 months off in the winter.  We have family that’s always down to go riding in Tennessee so that may be an option.  She has a place at Raystown Lake booked for April.  A popular campground/amusement part booked for August and then October she has Shenandoah National Park booked. 
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2020, 04:40:10 PM »
That really looks like a pretty awesome rig! Keep your eye out for a decent generator after the holidays. They always seem to pop up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2020, 07:40:47 PM »
Thanks guys.
Even if I find a generator at a good price, I do t know that I could afford it.  After the holidays is when I get laid off and money gets tight.  Not to mention I’ve been burning through money like a Canadian F150 owner.  Haha

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2020, 06:35:47 PM »
If you read the shout box I mentioned I busted my ass.  It was somewhat related to the camper.  I was outside organizing and making room for the camper to come home and I tripped over the down spout.  It happened so fast I was confused for a second.  I laid there for a good two minutes groaning and hoping Cassie would pop out of the house for something but then I just got up and kept working.  Just a little rattled.  Most of the pain started Saturday afternoon.  Although Saturday morning I was having trouble signing my name for the camper paperwork.  I’m pretty good now I just can’t touch anything on my right side without it hurting.  Anyhow, here’s the video for your amusement.  I’ve watched it a bunch of times so don’t feel bad for laughing. 

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2020, 07:59:13 PM »
Geez, you fell like a sack of bricks!

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2020, 08:01:33 PM »
We usually say "Pics or it didn't happen." Man, you went down like a ton of bricks! Are you "gravitationally advantaged" or something? You're damn lucky you didn't break anything. Have a couple of Advil on me.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
5th Wheeler Camper guys...
« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2020, 04:45:02 AM »
So it wasn’t just me.  It felt like it happened fast and when I watched it back it looked like I went down fast.  I was walking with purpose and my toes caught the end of the down spout and instead of knocking it off the elbow I actually pinned it in to the elbow and against the garage so there was no give.  I had momentum so there was no stopping my direction.  The boom.  Like a sack of potatoes.  You should watch it zoomed in.  Good thing I had the brightest hoodie on that I own so you couldn’t miss me.

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2020, 02:18:30 PM »
If I went down that hard, an ambulance would be involved.  :om:

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
5th Wheeler Camper guys...
« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2020, 07:29:11 PM »
Haha.  The only option was to get back up.  There is never any other option.  I do wish I had a little help though as I was pretty well stuck in that little spot until I recovered a bit.  I was having trouble getting back up off of my arm and didn’t have anywhere to roll.  Oh well. 

I still chuckle when I watch it.  I’m usually the first person to laugh when I get hurt. 

« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 07:31:09 PM by Kitzy »

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2020, 11:16:57 PM »
Holy shit that is a good looking rig and setup...looks like it is perfectly level too!   

Great photos man....welcome to the world of RV'ing.     Really proud for you all that is fantastic!!!
Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2020, 12:03:13 PM »
Crap that was a hard hit, good thing you have wide shoulders to stop your head from hitting.

If you are going to continue this, you need to wear a hockey helmet at home.
- Just in case, you still have to wear it in the shower.

Glad you are OK, you might want to check with an ortho guy.  I am thinking elbow or rotator cuff injury; that you are going to want to get in front of.
- Shoulder replacement, they reverse the ball and socket due to the hanging weight.
Steve

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2020, 07:57:33 PM »
Holy shit that is a good looking rig and setup...looks like it is perfectly level too!   

Great photos man....welcome to the world of RV'ing.     Really proud for you all that is fantastic!!!
Thanks man.  Looks like the first trip will be in February to an off-road park in Tennessee for a week.  Cassie has family with a toyhauler that we will be meeting up with. 

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2020, 08:05:38 PM »
Crap that was a hard hit, good thing you have wide shoulders to stop your head from hitting.

If you are going to continue this, you need to wear a hockey helmet at home.
- Just in case, you still have to wear it in the shower.

Glad you are OK, you might want to check with an ortho guy.  I am thinking elbow or rotator cuff injury; that you are going to want to get in front of.
- Shoulder replacement, they reverse the ball and socket due to the hanging weight.
Funny you mention a helmet because I was thinking as fast as that happened just how bad that could have gone.  I pretty much fit snuggly between the garage and trailer and somehow didn’t hit either on the way down.  Only lingering pain and soreness is in the hip/side of thigh area.  Occasional sharp pain in my back but it’s not often and I have back pain more often than not so whatever.  Getting better everyday. 

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: December 06, 2020, 08:33:02 PM »
I finally got around to test fitting the toys in the camper.  I am able to get the SxS and one of the four wheelers in there with some room to spare which was exactly what we were after. 

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #74 on: December 12, 2020, 08:22:04 PM »
That’s pretty great. Would the quad to straight in?

* Recent Photos

DSC02946.JPG

Views: 1
By: jkilmurray

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal