1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 22462 times)

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2020, 09:54:22 AM »
Gun shops are all staying open.  The catch, the PICS (PA Instant Check Systems) is down so no background checks which means no gun sales.  And, pretty much sold out of all ammo.  Lucky for me I'm also not one of those crazy people that but up truck loads of ammo at every sign of a crisis.  I bought enough for a little target shooting, enough to install confidence in the new gun and make sure it cycles rounds properly, and some hollow points for daily carry.  The carry part is especially important in times like this where people are acting foolish and out of their minds. 

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2020, 10:32:08 AM »
...<snip>.. Ironically, if you're waiting in that line to get alcohol, you could probably use some time away from it.

I can tell you have never met my ex.  5 straight days with her would have the Pope standing in that line...
 :redneck:
Steve

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2020, 10:56:47 AM »
Why do people think they need a 2 year supply of toilet paper anyway?

I read an article over the weekend about the thought process of this; so take it with a grain of salt.
- It was a multi step piece on it by people with alphabet soup after their names, so you know it has to be true.. :slow:

The thought process of I don't know what to do, so I will get the biggest thing I can see EG: 18 mega rolls of paper towel and 36 double mega rolls of do not fit on the holder is what people pick up.

The next guy came in not knowing what to do, saw the guy with a pile of PT & TP in a cart, and the reaction part of his brain told him to be doing the same thing.
- It works for running away from a Bison, must be good for TP.

It then extended to bottled water and around here the pasta isle that is normally full had only no cook - bake lasagna and gluten free as the only pasta options.
- Empty isles around here on Sat.

At our butcher on Sat ( normal day for us ) had 20 people at the counter ahead of us; where it is normally 3 people.  It was mayhem.

My parents are in FL, on SAt they said the stores were normal, nobody was panic shopping.  I guess that is what happens when most people survived the great depression..

My coworkers went from no big deal to tinfoil hat time..  People just need to calm down.  There is a process working, no need to stab someone with a broken bottle for TP..

I have not had time to check out the gun stores around here; so I don't know how bad they look.  Probably the same thing as 2000 and 2008..
I reload so depending on where I am with a given caliber, I can have 200 rounds or over 1,000 rounds depending on the last time I was cranking the handle on that cal.
Steve

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2020, 05:16:03 PM »
PA had it's first Covid19 death today.  It was in the next county over from us. 

My brother in law works as a manager at the big name grocery store chain here.  He said the toilet paper thing was because a lot of it comes from China and people were afraid they wouldn't be able to keep getting it.  Not sure how true or factual that is.  Just relaying what I heard. 

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2020, 05:29:15 PM »
So the first PA death was actually the brother to the first person to die in NJ, his sister.  Two hours after he passed, their mother passed away.  Four other family members are in critical condition.  They all got it at a family reunion in NJ.  19 other family members are being tested. 

Oh, and we literally just got shut down as I sit here.  The whole state is shut down to all non life sustaining businesses. 

Got the rest of the home gym today.  Justin in time.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2020, 01:38:10 PM »
I have quite a bit of free time on my hands right now.  Put together the rest of the home gym today so that's fully functioning now.  I still need to finish the other side of the basement and then move it all over there but I'm uneasy about spending the money on anything else until this blows over. 

We currently have 268 cases, 1 death.  There have been zero cases reported in my county so far.  It's only a matter of time. 

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2020, 02:31:27 PM »
Our (New York State) Governor just ordered all non-essential businesses to have 100 percent of their employees work remotely. I'm pretty sure a Toyota dealership will be considered non-essential. They haven't told us yet, but i would expect we'll be shut down next week. Oh well, time to work on home projects.

PS: Funny thing, but we sold 7 new cars & trucks in the last 2 days. Go figure.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2020, 02:57:19 PM »
Our (New York State) Governor just ordered all non-essential businesses to have 100 percent of their employees work remotely. I'm pretty sure a Toyota dealership will be considered non-essential. They haven't told us yet, but i would expect we'll be shut down next week. Oh well, time to work on home projects.

How do you feel about your governor.  Not necessarily based off of this pandemic but just in general.  I have seen him on TV quite a bit and just don't like the guy.  I also dont like Govenor Tom Wolfe of PA either.  Or most of the general public but that's another issue.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2020, 03:31:22 PM »
Let's add a little humor to the thread.  Damn locals.

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2020, 05:45:00 PM »

IL just did the same things with Shelter in place today, starting tomorrow.
We had restaurants & bars closed last Sunday.

My coworkers in CA, said the dealerships are still open, as are mechanics and drive throughs ( and the typical businesses ) and Amazon is still delivering.
- You can get a Starbucks coffee and pickup McD on your way to Target to make it back home to get your Amazon box off the stoop.

I don't know what IL is going to do with the other businesses or if they are going to mirror CA.
Steve

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2020, 06:21:48 PM »

IL just did the same things with Shelter in place today, starting tomorrow.
We had restaurants & bars closed last Sunday.

My coworkers in CA, said the dealerships are still open, as are mechanics and drive throughs ( and the typical businesses ) and Amazon is still delivering.
- You can get a Starbucks coffee and pickup McD on your way to Target to make it back home to get your Amazon box off the stoop.

I don't know what IL is going to do with the other businesses or if they are going to mirror CA.
Dealerships are closed but everything else is basically how you described.  Amazon has temporarily stopped taking orders from sellers that aren't considered essential goods.  They will still ship what they have though. 

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2020, 07:00:28 AM »

How do you feel about your governor.  Not necessarily based off of this pandemic but just in general.  I have seen him on TV quite a bit and just don't like the guy.  I also dont like Govenor Tom Wolfe of PA either.  Or most of the general public but that's another issue.

I've never been a big fan of him. He's waaay too far left for me. Truth be told though, he's doing a pretty good job of leading the state in a very tough time. Trouble is, he'll be taking control of things now that he'll never relinquish when this thing passes.

Oh, and don't forget, everything he's doing is aimed at setting him up for a presidential bid the next time around.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 02:31:49 PM by Too Stroked »

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2020, 02:35:24 PM »
Just looked at an official copy of the businesses considered "essential" in New York State and thus able to remain open. Auto Repair Facilities are on the list.  I'm not sure if I'm excited or not. On the plus side I can continue to go to work and bring home a paycheck. On the minus side, I can continue to go out and risk exposing myself.  :moody:

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2020, 11:39:01 PM »
IL the list that was published the other day :
Banks
Gas Stations
Hardware Stores
Medical Offices
Pharmacies
Restaurants for delivery or takeout only.

Pretty much the same as the week prior, but the dry cleaner is closed now... :dunno:
Steve

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2020, 11:24:32 AM »
My boss decided 3 days has been enough.  We do a lot of work in New Jersey and New Jersey hasn't stopped any construction so he is sending us in to the state that has the second most positive cases to work around other construction workers who are all working shoulder to shoulder with each other.  I'm not happy about it.  I want to work but I also think two weeks of caution can go a long way in figuring out who has it and who doesn't and getting those people either the proper care or quarantining them.  I don't trust my coworkers either who I have to share a truck with for a few hours.  I'm in rough shape and coughing like crazy because of the mishap at my house the other day so I am going to be the center of attention.  We have 5 employees.  Our boss is going to F around and we are all going to get sick right around the same time they're going to allow us to go back to work normally. 

* Recent Photos

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal