1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: Stuffed!  (Read 12626 times)

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
Stuffed!
« on: December 12, 2018, 03:58:22 PM »
Took Cassie's Outback to have her new wheels and tires put on today.  It's ridiculous and I love it! 

From a 225/60R18 to a 245/65R17 BFG with a lower offset wheel to help push them out a bit.  The new setup is .9" taller overall.

Just a bit stuffed but no rubbing!  Doesn't look like your grandma's car anymore.  I have to find something else to make fun of her about now.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 04:02:10 PM by Kitzy »
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
Re: Stuffed!
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 04:00:05 PM »
And I forgot pictures.  Oops.

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 04:36:39 PM »
Can't hide money!   :funny:

Looks good tho
Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 04:42:14 PM »
I never thought I'd say this about a Subie, but it looks pretty tough! Christmas present?

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 05:32:20 PM »
You sure don't see BFG's on a car everyday! Looks pretty good though.

All she needs is a bit of a lift... :uugly:
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2018, 05:33:59 PM »
Can't hide money!   :funny:

Looks good tho
I almost make enough to have someone come hang Christmas lights for me. 

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2018, 06:14:53 PM »
I never thought I'd say this about a Subie, but it looks pretty tough! Christmas present?
Partially.  She really had her heart set on this car when we went and looked at it.  It was looking less likely to happen so I offered up some cash, she matched it but I covered it all at the table to make it simple.  She ended up getting the tires on Black Friday.  I could tell she was sad she couldn't quite afford the wheels yet so I told her to keep what she owed me yet (I had already told her to keep the first half towards her sisters Christmas present since she house sits so often for us when we go out of town for work).  The only catch was she use it towards wheels.  It ended up being about 60% of the wheels.  I told her it would be part of her Christmas presents but it really won't be.  It's just because. 

The lift is $800.  It's a 2" lift.  Maybe in the future. Right now this works and she's really happy.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2018, 07:23:20 PM »
Partially.  She really had her heart set on this car when we went and looked at it.  It was looking less likely to happen so I offered up some cash, she matched it but I covered it all at the table to make it simple.  She ended up getting the tires on Black Friday.  I could tell she was sad she couldn't quite afford the wheels yet so I told her to keep what she owed me yet (I had already told her to keep the first half towards her sisters Christmas present since she house sits so often for us when we go out of town for work).  The only catch was she use it towards wheels.  It ended up being about 60% of the wheels.  I told her it would be part of her Christmas presents but it really won't be.  It's just because. 

The lift is $800.  It's a 2" lift.  Maybe in the future. Right now this works and she's really happy.

Shoot....we gotta zone guy here that can beat that all day.  Just saying.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2018, 07:52:47 PM »

I dont follow... What you talkin bout, Willis?

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2018, 08:57:22 PM »

I have never seen that until now.  That is pretty respectable. 
- It also still fits in a parking garage.

Going with the larger rubber, does it feel like the acceleration changed ?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 09:39:21 PM by Kitzy »
Steve

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2018, 09:26:37 PM »

I'm sure the extra weight of the tires affected acceleration.  And likely fuel mileage as well.  That said, we looked at a lot of wheels and all things considered she decided these were the best balance of looks and weight.  They weigh in at 17lbs each.  Most wheels this size are 22-24lbs each.  I have not driven it yet with the new setup.  Cassie said it felt more stable probably due to the new width.  Said the ride is as supple as it was before.  I also have to assume the new width has negatively affected the turning radius slightly.  With the extra width of the tires and the lower offset, the tires are pushed out 1.4" on each side.  So it's almost 3" wider. 

This is what the 2" lift would look like...

« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 10:12:07 PM by Kitzy »

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2018, 10:14:27 PM »

We had a member here not sure of his screen name, but his name is Tyler Wilson...he works for BDS Suspension, the company who owns Zone OffRoad.   It may have been at F150ol    Cannot remember, but we are friends on FB. 

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2018, 10:57:30 PM »

We had a member here not sure of his screen name, but his name is Tyler Wilson...he works for BDS Suspension, the company who owns Zone OffRoad.   It may have been at F150ol    Cannot remember, but we are friends on FB.

The name sounded familar.  Tdub?  The dub I'm sure stands for dubya (W).

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2018, 02:59:25 PM »

I'm sure the extra weight of the tires affected acceleration.  And likely fuel mileage as well.  That said, we looked at a lot of wheels and all things considered she decided these were the best balance of looks and weight.  They weigh in at 17lbs each.  Most wheels this size are 22-24lbs each.  I have not driven it yet with the new setup.  Cassie said it felt more stable probably due to the new width.  Said the ride is as supple as it was before.  I also have to assume the new width has negatively affected the turning radius slightly.  With the extra width of the tires and the lower offset, the tires are pushed out 1.4" on each side.  So it's almost 3" wider. 

This is what the 2" lift would look like...

I like the black one!
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2018, 02:50:35 PM »
Updated some of the lighting on the Outback. 

Reverse lights, license plate lights and LPR reverse lights system (not much of a system, more of a miniature light bar). 

This worked out well as all of it was super easy and tied into each other from an access stand point.  I did have to drill a half inch hole in the rear hatch which caused me to pace furiously as I did not want to make a mistake, therefore I did not want to start the process.  Everything combined, besides drilling the hole, could be accomplished with screwdrivers, mainly for prying access panels off. 

A major gripe with Tapatalk is it no longer allows me to drop a picture anywhere I want.  They all post at the end.  So bare with me.  Most are obvious.  I haven't taken it out of the garage yet and it's still light out so only inside the garage pics.  The backup camera doesn't show much difference.  The color difference and brightness between the reverse bills is significant.  The garage door illumination pics are subtle.  Stock, then new bulbs, then LPR+new bulbs.  What you'll notice is the brake lights against the garage door fade out as the reverse lighting gets more intense. 

* Recent Photos

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal