March 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: Air Dryer....thoughts  (Read 11402 times)

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
Re: Air Dryer....thoughts
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2018, 07:02:39 AM »
Yeah I'm afraid of tearing up the grass with the ones from work. They're fairly stiff.  ...<snip>...

You might want to stick with the rake.  I don't know if you could float the bristle head enough to not tear out the grass by the hand full.

...<snip>...Are your dogs crazy like ours?  Are yard gets destroyed from the dogs running around when it's sopping wet.  ...<snip>...

2 Labs and yes they can mess up a wet yard in 5 seconds flat and haul it all in the house.
The 1st winter we had them we played the wash the paw game with 8 paws on puppies.  That was all it took to replace the whole back yard in turf.

Post sod cutter removing 2.5" of grass and dirt.

After laying down landscape fabric and compacting 11,000# of crushed lime stone over the picture above.

Done ( less putting the 2 rows of wall around the tree for a ring )

...<snip>...I've always joked around about turf but I'll be damned if it's not a legit option.  Haha

Pet Grass by Perfect Turf WTF !!!
https://perfectturf.com/productcategories/pet-turf/
That looks awesome! 

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2018, 07:13:51 AM »
That looks awesome! 

It would not be that hard for you to do the fenced in area between the house and garage.

I don't know if that path is already a sidewalk, but turf on both sides and you are good to go.

The other nice thing, if you are walking the dogs and they get muddy, when you get back home toss a ball around for 5 min and the paws are clean. 

Steve

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2018, 03:54:22 PM »
That looks awesome! 

It would not be that hard for you to do the fenced in area between the house and garage.

I don't know if that path is already a sidewalk, but turf on both sides and you are good to go.

The other nice thing, if you are walking the dogs and they get muddy, when you get back home toss a ball around for 5 min and the paws are clean.
Just need that damn money tree to start blooming.

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2018, 04:09:07 PM »
That looks awesome! 

Would that be the same tree that had some contact with the new side by side?

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2018, 04:44:46 PM »
That looks awesome! 

Would that be the same tree that had some contact with the new side by side?
God I hope not.  That tree needs to be cut down.  The money tree won't bloom if I cut it down.  I'm not sure which one the money tree is yet.  I should mention I haven't exactly located it yet.  If Jason would show me what his looks like, it would make it easier to find mine.

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2018, 08:18:24 PM »

You spent it on the Can Am  :redneck:
Steve

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2018, 10:01:36 AM »
ok, update on the blower...not getting it.

THAT SAID....I did pick up a few things to try.

small Electric Power Washer and a Foam Cannon.   I did try it out on the truck yesterday...will take some getting used to but I can see how much faster it can make washing. 

I have already ordered a part to mod it better for lower pressure even though the one I got was for lower pressure and lower GPM's. 

Pics to come 
Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2018, 10:04:39 AM »

small Electric Power Washer and a Foam Cannon.   I did try it out on the truck yesterday...will take some getting used to but I can see how much faster it can make washing. 

I have already ordered a part to mod it better for lower pressure even though the one I got was for lower pressure and lower GPM's. 

Pics to come
Elaborate please.  As you know, I have pretty low water pressure as well.  I feel my electric pressure washer does a decent job but would like to know more of this mod.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2018, 01:37:59 PM »

Pics to come
Elaborate please.  As you know, I have pretty low water pressure as well.  I feel my electric pressure washer does a decent job but would like to know more of this mod.

I got this cannon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CE78VO8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and ordered this:
https://mjjc.com/collections/foam-cannon/products/1-1mm-nozzle-screw-jet-for-snow-foam-lance

It comes with a 1.2 and it works pretty well for what it is...and based on videos, the 1.1 helps alot with making great foam.

My thought is to use the water pressure to wet the surface and knock it out...then use the foam gun and the two bucket method with two wash mitts and presto, will save probably 30 min

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2018, 02:25:19 PM »

Pics to come

I got this cannon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CE78VO8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and ordered this:
https://mjjc.com/collections/foam-cannon/products/1-1mm-nozzle-screw-jet-for-snow-foam-lance

It comes with a 1.2 and it works pretty well for what it is...and based on videos, the 1.1 helps alot with making great foam.

My thought is to use the water pressure to wet the surface and knock it out...then use the foam gun and the two bucket method with two wash mitts and presto, will save probably 30 min
That's cheap.  Most of the ones I've seen on autogeek and whatnot are 3,4 or even 5 times that much.  I assume we will get pictures or maybe even a video?

I sport with my neighbor a few weeks ago.  He is head of a paving crew for his company.  He is planning on bringing millings home to spread over our road.  I'd that happens then it will actually be worth washing my truck again.

* Recent Photos

after 2.5

Views: 2
By: Olamon21

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal