Auto Detailing 101 > Start Here

"13 Steps to Bring an Old Car Back to Life"

(1/2) > >>

Kitzy:
Notice the quotations in the title.  This came across my email in an Automobile magazine article.  If only it was this easy.  A little rubbing compound, some tire shine and some clean windows...   

http://www.automobilemag.com/news/13-steps-bring-old-car-back-life/?wc_mid=4035:3160&wc_rid=4035:1561445&_wcsid=A21D4C98E0BFA41619B31E6DC7785DA421E3F480AA6395EF

Blown F-150:
Me thinks there was a bit of camera trickery and he didn't really know what he was doing...

sscully:

--- Quote from: Blown F-150 on August 26, 2016, 12:30:09 PM ---....<snip>... he didn't really know what he was doing...

--- End quote ---

Start with the new to detailing usage of the phrase "rubbing compound". 
- If I squint and stare I think that is Megs Ultimate compound, not rubbing compound in the picture after step #6.

Am I blind ( eye doctor yesterday said no ) or did I gloss over the LSP used ?
I cannot tell what the yellow bottle is in the picture after step #6.  I do see he went from step #6 "rubbing compound" right to tire dressing and headlamps.. no mention of what he put back on the paint.

Is it my imagination, or did he "rubbing compound" 80% of the dent out of the front fender ?

Increase the size of this picture, and 80% of that dent is gone.
- It also looks like it is photoshopped a bit with pixlation where the dent was...

Kitzy:
I didn't even notice the dent was mostly fixed.  That's hilarious.

This article actually does an injustice to the magazine.  It's sad.

Blown F-150:
In the comments, someone also caught the lack of LSP. I guess that's what clear coat is for... :hp:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version