April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: New Poorboy's Wax  (Read 14323 times)

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
Re: New Poorboy's Wax
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2016, 08:59:34 PM »
He also has strawberry air freshener now.  I use his leather scent air freshener a lot.  I love that stuff.  May have to try the strawberry just because I love strawberry scented and flavored stuff. 

I'm interested to see what else he has in the works.  He likes to keep it under wraps for a little but he always ends up telling me.  Haha.  It's cool to see Steve have a renewed excitement in his company.
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2016, 09:06:38 PM »
Liquid blue is awesome.  One of the easiest on and off waxes I've ever used.  It created a lot of reflection rather than a deep pool.  It was unique in a way.

This could be more from the color of the paint, but Liquid blue I find is the same as Natty's blue paste; depth on dark colors.

Natty's red is what is suggested for lighter colors, it creates more pop than depth to the paint.
- I have messed with red on dark paint,and it does not put much depth to the finish, but it does add a ton of pop.

White can be made to more Pearl white with Black hole and natty's red layered.
Steve

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2016, 09:14:18 PM »
White was always intended for lighter colors with blue being intended for darker colors while having some ability to hide swirls making it a good layering wax when your paint isn't perfect.  Red is meant more for full on details where you're paint is exceptional.  That is where the red shines, no pun intended.  This has always been my take on them from conversations with Steve and Pockets.   

I used to have a picture but for the life of me I can't find it.  It was my black Mustang parked next to a black Dakota at one of Steves set ups at a show.  My Mustang had liquid blue and the Dakota had blue paste.  The Dakota just sucked everything in to its depths while my car just looked like a mirror.

For what its worth, when talking with Steve, I said I the black wax wouldn't do me much good on my white truck and his response was "nope but the new Liquid Natty Red might do something to it". 
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 09:17:54 PM by Kitzy »
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2016, 11:50:36 PM »
Hmmmm...Should I be looking at Natty's blue then???

I would say my "Blue Flame" falls on the darker side of colors and maybe the new red isn't the best.
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2016, 07:29:27 AM »
Hmmmm...Should I be looking at Natty's blue then???

I would say my "Blue Flame" falls on the darker side of colors and maybe the new red isn't the best.
I don't think red is supposed to be color dependant.  I think its good for all colors.  I know it doesn't have any concealing properties like blue does.  I would say try the red.

Edit - from the website
White was the original.  Can be used on any color but makes light and metallic colors pop.

Blue was designed to cater to darker colors and has the ability to  hide minor imperfections.

Red was a combination of the two with minor tweaks.  Used for light or dark to enhance depth, gloss, witness and slickness.

Black seems to be a combination of red and blue.  Meaning you get the look of red on steroids when used on dark colors.  These are my words, not the websites.  It's just my take on it.

I may get some black too just to have so I can try it.  I wonder what it would do on white.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 09:06:00 AM by Kitzy »

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2016, 02:07:19 PM »
Thanks, the red does seem interesting.

I'll order some up in a few weeks and see how it does. I just put a coat of PowerLock on after I "clayed", so it will be good till I get into a "big" detail in the coming weeks.

Offline LsuSuperCrew

• Café Member
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2016, 12:08:55 AM »
He also has strawberry air freshener now.  I use his leather scent air freshener a lot.  I love that stuff.  May have to try the strawberry just because I love strawberry scented and flavored stuff. 

I'm interested to see what else he has in the works.  He likes to keep it under wraps for a little but he always ends up telling me.  Haha.  It's cool to see Steve have a renewed excitement in his company.

About how long would you say the air fresheners last? I tried some from CG once and I found if I sprayed it in the morning it was pretty much gone by that afternoon. It smelled great just didn't last. I've been thinking of trying one from PB, just curious as to how it last.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2016, 12:20:59 AM »
I haven't tested the new red but i have had all and have all the PB waxes.  None disappointed.  The Special Red is my fav of the PB waxes.   

I just don't use waxes anymore.  I keep all the LSP's in stock (all my waxes are in my wine fridge)   they are still usable but I prefer correction then opti-coat. 

I will add that my two fav waxes are Super Natural and Obsessive.   I LOVE those two products.   Those products are just dumb sexy.    Just saying

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2016, 09:31:39 AM »

About how long would you say the air fresheners last? I tried some from CG once and I found if I sprayed it in the morning it was pretty much gone by that afternoon. It smelled great just didn't last. I've been thinking of trying one from PB, just curious as to how it last.
It's hard to say.  For one it doesn't take.much even thiugh I load up the carpets, under the seats and in the vents.  It obviously fades but I think others still notice it.  I think I just get used to it.  But a few quick squirts to freshen it up is all it takes.  It would be nice to have them in the PB sample bottles like QD+ comes in.  Just to keep in the center console.  You can also dilute PBs airnfresheners and use them that way or in carpet cleaners.   I would say my interior has a noticeable smell for a week or so. The dilution factor is nice because you can control the intensity. 

Don't get new car scent.  It is not new car scent.  Itw an over bearing laundry detergent / cleaner smell.
Leather is very much leather.  I love it.  Just like Leather Stuff.
Cherry is the same as Natural Look. 

I imagine the new strawberry is similar to Nattys Red.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2016, 09:32:44 AM »
I haven't tested the new red but i have had all and have all the PB waxes.  None disappointed.  The Special Red is my fav of the PB waxes.   

I just don't use waxes anymore.  I keep all the LSP's in stock (all my waxes are in my wine fridge)   they are still usable but I prefer correction then opti-coat. 

I will add that my two fav waxes are Super Natural and Obsessive.   I LOVE those two products.   Those products are just dumb sexy.    Just saying
Super natural has long been a favorite.  Wet Obsession as well. 

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2016, 04:04:03 PM »

I think I am going to follow Steve's lead and do the roof, bumpers and grill with OC 2.0 and then try out this new PB wax on the rest of the truck.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2016, 08:56:35 PM »

I think I am going to follow Steve's lead and do the roof, bumpers and grill with OC 2.0 and then try out this new PB wax on the rest of the truck.

Not a bad plan at all.   

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2016, 05:32:51 PM »
Just waiting to hear back from a Canadian Supplier to see if they are going to bring in the red.

I will order some Bug Squash, Spray and Rinse and Leather Stuff at the same time. Should tide me over for the season.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2016, 06:10:29 PM »
Love leather stuff!  I wish it was available in a spray version like natural look.  I use it on all the interior plastics because it looks similar, a little less shine, but keeps and compliments the smell of the seats rather than mixing smells.  That and Slick and Wax I use the most. 

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2016, 11:47:22 AM »
So eshine.ca is going to bring some of the liquid red in and expect to have it by the end of April. I'll hold my order till it's in and then pull the trigger/

* Recent Photos

Canon

Views: 4
By: Kitzy

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal