1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: Slowly breaking everything - 2014 F-150  (Read 358408 times)

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
Re: Slowly breaking everything - 2014 F-150
« Reply #1245 on: May 18, 2021, 04:03:03 PM »
No thank you!

I really hope my last rebuild hold up for a long time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #1246 on: May 19, 2021, 05:56:32 AM »
No thank you!

I really hope my last rebuild hold up for a long time!

We're kind of hoping the same thing!

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #1247 on: May 27, 2021, 07:11:46 PM »
Had to get the boy out of the house after 14 days of quarantine. Went to a public off-road area about an hours drive away. I went down a different trail system than I’ve been down before and it was pretty muddy. We just plodded along at under 5mph and did make too much of a mess.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #1248 on: May 27, 2021, 09:29:53 PM »
Remembered the drone, but not the memory card, lol. Took a few pics at least.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #1249 on: May 28, 2021, 11:55:07 AM »
How are you liking the drone?

Man you live in a beautiful area.  Your pictures out exploring in the truck always make me jealous. 

If you don’t mind me asking, maybe I missed it, but why the quarantine?  Someone catch a cold? 

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #1250 on: May 28, 2021, 07:44:49 PM »
I’m liking the drone, just gotta actually start using it for some decent filming. I’ve really just been playing around with it and messing with settings and such.

We are still in a bad spot when it comes to COVID up here and my boys daycare was shutdown due to a “outbreak”. Even with a negative test, he still had to isolate for 14 days.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #1251 on: May 28, 2021, 08:10:05 PM »
I’m liking the drone, just gotta actually start using it for some decent filming. I’ve really just been playing around with it and messing with settings and such.

We are still in a bad spot when it comes to COVID up here and my boys daycare was shutdown due to a “outbreak”. Even with a negative test, he still had to isolate for 14 days.

So what’s the deal with covid up there?  Numbers still up?  What about vaccines?  I don’t think they’re approved for kids under 12 anyway but what about adults?  I’ll be honest, I haven’t gotten mine yet and I’m in no hurry to get it. 

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #1252 on: May 28, 2021, 08:34:54 PM »

So what’s the deal with covid up there?  Numbers still up?  What about vaccines?  I don’t think they’re approved for kids under 12 anyway but what about adults?  I’ll be honest, I haven’t gotten mine yet and I’m in no hurry to get it. 

Numbers are high and hospital capacity is still high. I got my first shot last week finally. We sourced most vaccines from Europe and they were slow to produce. Numbers are going back down now and vaccinations are up quite a bit over the last few weeks. I think we are close to 60% have gotten a first shot now. I can't even get a hair cut right now, lol.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #1253 on: May 28, 2021, 08:42:05 PM »

Numbers are high and hospital capacity is still high. I got my first shot last week finally. We sourced most vaccines from Europe and they were slow to produce. Numbers are going back down now and vaccinations are up quite a bit over the last few weeks. I think we are close to 60% have gotten a first shot now. I can't even get a hair cut right now, lol.
I live in a mostly trump supporting, conservative, small town in rural Pennsylvania.  No one here gives a crap about Covid.  Covid rules are barely enforced.  I’ve played along for the sake of some of my family  wing concerned and making them feel comfortable being around me.  My sister has been on my case pretty bad to get vaccinated but wanting to have kids in the very very near future has me nervous about it.  I also have an above average immune system and everyone around me is vaccinated.  So we will see.  I may have to get it to travel later this year. 

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #1254 on: May 29, 2021, 08:59:23 PM »
I get it, for lots of folks if it doesn't affect them, it's hard to grasp. Unfortunately, I know of one family that lost both grand parents, The Dad and the mom was put in the hospital for several weeks. No known "health issues" either. It sucks because I grew up close to the kids, even though they were a bit younger. Having a close cousin and uncle that work in a hospital in my area that have had to deal with a lot of badness, has just given me the mindset to not be fearful, but do what I can to be smart around the situation.

Anyway, the truck got a decent clean and a quick coat of wax until I can actually make some time to apply the PB coating.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #1255 on: May 30, 2021, 06:19:54 AM »
I get it, for lots of folks if it doesn't affect them, it's hard to grasp. Unfortunately, I know of one family that lost both grand parents, The Dad and the mom was put in the hospital for several weeks. No known "health issues" either. It sucks because I grew up close to the kids, even though they were a bit younger. Having a close cousin and uncle that work in a hospital in my area that have had to deal with a lot of badness, has just given me the mindset to not be fearful, but do what I can to be smart around the situation.

Anyway, the truck got a decent clean and a quick coat of wax until I can actually make some time to apply the PB coating.
Cassie’s sister worked on the covid floor at the hospital through most of this.  I am glad my parents and grandmother got the vaccine.  I am glad for anyone who wanted it that got it.  I’m glad it’s out there.  Being rushed and largely unproven over a length of time just doesn’t sit well with me when I’m actively trying to have a kid. 

I may end up putting the PB coating on before you.  I ordered two bottles of it.  Hoping the new truck is ready for me to bring home next weekend AND I have the time.  Because the following weekend we are camping locally so it will have to wait until after that.  It will be in service by then and may require a bit more work to get ready to coat.  I’m trying to get out ahead of it.  Especially the wheels.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2021, 09:33:56 AM by Kitzy »

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #1256 on: May 30, 2021, 09:06:33 AM »
You very well may be able to get it on first, lol. I’m struggling to find a block of time long enough to do a decent job of prep and application on either vehicle.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #1257 on: May 30, 2021, 05:17:53 PM »
been seeing this thread for years now, are we talking Trump now? 

If so, count me in.   I miss the bastard.   

Drone shots, !!!   Cool man and like Mike, i too am jellly when you go exploring.   

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #1258 on: May 30, 2021, 08:37:49 PM »

Drone shots, !!!   Cool man and like Mike, i too am jellly when you go exploring.
Who mentioned Trump?  Serious thread derailment.  But yeah, I miss the guy as well. 

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #1259 on: May 30, 2021, 10:12:32 PM »

Who mentioned Trump? 

You did like 6 posts up.!!   LOL
Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

* Recent Photos

Views: 2
By: texbigred1

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal