Interior Detailing > Leather Care

2008 BMW 528i Interior

(1/1)

marksl01:
Hi all
Been some time since I posted here and a friend of the admins.  Trying to clean my leather interior and didn't have much luck with Meguiar's leather cleaner and a towel.  I've seen a few videos online showing using a brush - what type of brush can I use on this leather without destroying it?  Front seats and arm rests in door and center console are the worst with skin oils.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rollingrock:

--- Quote from: marksl01 on July 03, 2014, 04:11:01 PM ---Hi all
Been some time since I posted here and a friend of the admins.  Trying to clean my leather interior and didn't have much luck with Meguiar's leather cleaner and a towel.  I've seen a few videos online showing using a brush - what type of brush can I use on this leather without destroying it?  Front seats and arm rests in door and center console are the worst with skin oils.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

Mark, you may need to step up to Leather Masters Strong Cleaner.
http://www.topoftheline.com/lestcl.html

Agitate with soft brush and wipe off...make take a few trys.   

The soft cleaner is just not as strong as errr strong cleaner.

Kitzy:
What type of leather?  What vehicle?  I've already used a semi stiff brush (bought from Detailed Image or Detailers Domain and I believe made for leather) and a strong mix of APC with great results.  Just don't let it dry and then do it again with just water to remove any excess cleaner.  I do this all of the time on my Silverado and I have done it on my Mustang as well.

Edit-stupid me just noticed the thread title.  I don't know that is go quite that strong.  Not without at least testing an inconspicuous area first.
Tapatalkin...

sscully:
I have only used it in the plastic mash up that Ford calls leather ( not the King Ranch ), but have had good luck with Leatherique.

did a write up in this subform on it, I cleaned them and then did the crease maintenance part.
- the Leatherique with a Detailed Image Horse's Hair Upholstery Brush.  I keep one in the truck for cleaning the interior with Enezette Cockpit premium.

marksl01:
So the brush definitely makes the difference.  I got a bit antsy and tried a soft nylon brush with the Megs and the dirt came up alot better than with just a cloth.  Will try the Leather Masters also as the Megs couldn't get the discoloration on the stitching.  Is there any leather treatment recommended after the cleaning?  Any kind of conditioner?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version