Auto Detailing 101 > Start Here

another dumb question...

(1/1)

beatcop49:
Chamois, microfiber waffle towel, or just a plain towel after washing?

Obsessive Detail:
You don't want to use a chamois to dry with, they can drop debris and causing marring.

Only use good quality microfiber towels to dry with.  Some people prefer to use waffle weave towels to dry with others prefer regular microfiber towels.  I normally use a large waffle weave or large microfiber to wipe for the first pass and leave a bit of moisture behind, then I have another towel 16x16 or 16x24 that I use for the second pass to get it completely dry.  With this method you won't have to use as many towels and you won't get any streaking.

Too Stroked:

--- Quote from: Obsessive Detail on March 09, 2013, 05:57:17 PM ---You don't want to use a chamois to dry with, they can drop debris and causing marring.

Only use good quality microfiber towels to dry with.  Some people prefer to use waffle weave towels to dry with others prefer regular microfiber towels.  I normally use a large waffle weave or large microfiber to wipe for the first pass and leave a bit of moisture behind, then I have another towel 16x16 or 16x24 that I use for the second pass to get it completely dry.  With this method you won't have to use as many towels and you won't get any streaking.

--- End quote ---

X2!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version