April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: Rejex sealant  (Read 7415 times)

Offline hwm3

• Café Moderator
Rejex sealant
« on: May 29, 2012, 09:05:42 PM »
I decided to try this stuff on my car a couple weeks ago based on some pretty favorable reviews I'd seen on the web. I have to say I was pretty impressed with its ease of application, gloss, and durability. It goes on easily, comes off easily and offers excellent slickness and makes it a breeze to wash the car now. 

I was expecting it to be a decent product, but this stuff is better than just average. Since I hadn't really heard much about it, I figured I'd let you guys know about it.

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
Re: Rejex sealant
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 05:43:52 AM »
Hmmm. Tell us how long it lasts (when you find out) and I might be interested.

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 08:34:43 AM »
Be interested to know how long it lasts.

I have not seen much about it, and the removal part made me question it as far as a sealant goes ( my logic a sealant should be applied, and left to flash or cure like Opti Seal or Opti Coat or the Wolfgang trim sealant you just used on the Mrs' SUV ).

Have you used Opti Seal as a basis of comparison ?
Steve

Offline hwm3

• Café Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 03:01:59 PM »
Ok guys. I ran into a little problem with this sealant on the car. Whatever spray product I use on the car smears like crazy. I noticed this yesterday while giving the car a quick wipe down prior to a car meet. I tried everything I have and each one of them smeared to different degrees. Not sure what I think of this now.

Offline hwm3

• Café Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2012, 03:06:52 PM »
Be interested to know how long it lasts.

I have not seen much about it, and the removal part made me question it as far as a sealant goes ( my logic a sealant should be applied, and left to flash or cure like Opti Seal or Opti Coat or the Wolfgang trim sealant you just used on the Mrs' SUV ).

Have you used Opti Seal as a basis of comparison ?

It seems to have pretty good durability. I applied it to about half the car, then removed. Then the same with the other half.

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 03:27:03 PM »
Ok guys. I ran into a little problem with this sealant on the car. Whatever spray product I use on the car smears like crazy. I noticed this yesterday while giving the car a quick wipe down prior to a car meet. I tried everything I have and each one of them smeared to different degrees. Not sure what I think of this now.

Smears or streaks ? 
When I tried AF1 ( some time back ) it smeared around on the paint, but finished off nice ( at the time I would compare it to FD-51 but with more of a silicone finish to it ).

I do notice that I get streaking from Opti Car wax some times, even when the paint is cool to the touch ( out of the sun for 10+ hours ). 
This is applying too much to the section and/or working too large a surface is what I found out.
I do not get this using ONR mixed to QD strength or using PB SnW or SnG which are more of a waterless wash than a QD touch up that adds some sort of protection.

My next test is to Menz Power Lock the front clip to test next to Opti Seal / OCW combo, so I do not have any WOWO sealant experience yet in terms of pure sealant, only WOWA.  I have used PB EX in the past, but that is Sealant w/ Carnuba.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 03:28:53 PM by sscully »
Steve

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2012, 04:17:49 PM »
Steve,

I really like the Menzerna Power Lock so far. Easy one and easy off and feels totally obscene.

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2012, 05:58:48 PM »
Steve,

I really like the Menzerna Power Lock so far. Easy on and easy off and feels totally obscene.

I got it for the SIL project ( from your recommendation ), but did not use it yet.
- Think I am going Opti Coat 2.0 on that train wreck, so I don't have to touch it again.

I know you used it on your Son's car with great results from the pictures I saw.
Steve

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2012, 06:17:05 PM »
Steve,

I really like the Menzerna Power Lock so far. Easy on and easy off and feels totally obscene.

I got it for the SIL project ( from your recommendation ), but did not use it yet.
- Think I am going Opti Coat 2.0 on that train wreck, so I don't have to touch it again.

I know you used it on your Son's car with great results from the pictures I saw.

Just did Brandon's car again today. Used the new Optimum Hyper Compound on an Orange LC CCS pad on the Flex for the trouble spots, Menzerna P085RD on a White CCS pad, followed by Power Lock on a Black CCS pad on the PC. I'll see if I can post some pics up later. As usual, the feel was unbelievable. Oh, and the ease of use was pretty tough to beat too.

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2012, 06:30:21 PM »
As promised, here's a few pics of my son's car after the treatment I mentioned above and using Menzerna Power Lock as the LSP. The car has 166,000 miles on it and the old girl still looks pretty darn good. Please disregard the blue tape on the front side marker light. We also re-glued a bit of rubber trim that had come adrift.

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2012, 08:54:36 PM »
I keep reading reviews on Menz PL and they are very good reviews. 
Some say it is the closest thing to wax as a sealant can get. 

I have Opti Seal on the truck and G6 right now.  I stopped "boosting" the Truck's front clip with OCW in plans for going to the PL test. 
Still trying to fit in the N&C summer detail contest work, that is taking a bit of time.
Steve

* Recent Photos

243 at 150 yards

Views: 7
By: hwm3

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal