1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
[28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: Bissell LGM  (Read 5222 times)

Offline hwm3

• Café Moderator
Bissell LGM
« on: August 26, 2008, 11:27:41 AM »
I just got a chance to use my new Bissell last week, and I'm impressed with the results. It does a great job on carpets and seats, especially for how cheap it is. I tested it out in my truck first with the included cleaning solution. Made the carpets and seats look like new.  :thumbsiup:

Offline guitarman502

• Café Member
  • Brand Whore
Re: Bissell LGM
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 04:08:20 PM »
I use APC+ with mine.  Spray the APC+ directly on the carpet (from a spray bottle 10:1) scrub, then spray some hot water from the LGM then suck up the water.  It works extremely well.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 05:07:55 PM »
I like my LGM.  Works pretty well for what it is.  I used APC+ in it but have started using Folex.
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Obsessive Detail

• Detailing Supply Retailer
    • Obsessive Detail
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 06:06:08 PM »
The LGM is what I start out using.  I went through quite a few of them, they are a good little machine.

Offline PWR KAT

• Charter Member
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 10:16:04 AM »
Where can you get one of these little gems? :mp:
You PLAY to WIN the game!

Offline GreyMichFX4

• Café Member
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 11:30:40 AM »
You can find them at Target or Wal Mart. I am going to buy one through work when I can save up enough for it and my other goodies that I want.
Good enough never is

Offline Center Stage Auto Detailing

• Charter Member
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 07:02:18 AM »
Hope it works as well as you say.  I'd put it in my basket at Wal-Mart several times and backed out.  Yesterday I made it all the way to the truck with it.  LOL  Planning on trying it out sometime next week. :gl:

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 10:34:05 AM »
I bought one of these bad boys this past Saturday based on your recommendations - and the fact the the local Ollie's Bargain Outlet had one for just $49.95. I tried it out on the floor mats for my Scion and F-150 Sunday. It worked pretty well using the supplied detergent one time and Folex the next.

Here's my question though. Basically, all this thing does is put a sprayer and light duty wet vacuum into one package. Wouldn't it be just as easy to use hot water and detergent in a pressurized garden sprayer (or just spray bottle for that matter) and a good wet / shop vacuum to extract it? I used my Sears shop vac after the Bissel and got quite a bit more liquid out.

Offline guitarman502

• Café Member
  • Brand Whore
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008, 12:33:19 PM »
I've heard of a couple people using just a wet/dry vac.  I have the LGM with heat, don't know if it *really* matters or not.  I know to get all the water out, it takes multiple passes with a little pressure.  I only use water in the tank, and spray APC+ from a spray bottle.

Offline tdr6874

• Professional Detailer
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2008, 05:41:55 PM »
i saw the sleepless/stinky in seatlle thing going around and the request for an extractor....i got my extractor about 6-8 monts ago...(i got the mytee spider 60)  this thing is awesome, but for the price it should be....but prior to getting and using i asked many questions and the answers i got i found to be true so far....i would like to pass along a big tip that was given to me and see some here and echo what i was told and once again, i found to be true....

dont mix soap/cleaning solution in the water tank....directly apply to the surface that is to be cleaned with a spray bottle application...saves chemicals by you using only what you need.....it also keeps the chemcials from running through the pump and heater, gives a longer life to the pump and heater...dont know how powerful the lgm is, but it is very important to use a anti foamer in the larger machine to keep suds from being pulled in to the vac inlet and burning up the vac

Offline Obsessive Detail

• Detailing Supply Retailer
    • Obsessive Detail
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2008, 08:54:16 PM »
i saw the sleepless/stinky in seatlle thing going around and the request for an extractor....i got my extractor about 6-8 monts ago...(i got the mytee spider 60)  this thing is awesome, but for the price it should be....but prior to getting and using i asked many questions and the answers i got i found to be true so far....i would like to pass along a big tip that was given to me and see some here and echo what i was told and once again, i found to be true....

dont mix soap/cleaning solution in the water tank....directly apply to the surface that is to be cleaned with a spray bottle application...saves chemicals by you using only what you need.....it also keeps the chemcials from running through the pump and heater, gives a longer life to the pump and heater...dont know how powerful the lgm is, but it is very important to use a anti foamer in the larger machine to keep suds from being pulled in to the vac inlet and burning up the vac

I also have the Mytee extractor, it is an awesome machine.  The only chemical that I put in the solution tank is an All Fiber Rinse, this helps the carpets dry faster, keeps them soft, and also helps keep buildup down in the machine.

* Recent Photos

paint

Views: 4
By: 70 tt rustang

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal