March 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: Options for Tornador Vacuum Adapter Z-017  (Read 5376 times)

Offline sscully

• Café Member
Options for Tornador Vacuum Adapter Z-017
« on: March 23, 2012, 08:22:49 PM »
don't know if anyone has looked at this yet ( did a quick g site search with no luck ).

The Tornador Vacuum Adapter Z-017 is an air assisted vacuum adapter that is installed on the vac hose just like a normal crevice tool, but uses a similar action to the Tornador Z-020 interior cleaning tool.

Just wondering if anything similar to this, or this is worth owning.  I tried a few google searches for compressed air vacuum and the likes, and I get the compressed air vacuum systems ( looked like compressed air spins a turbine in a dust collection bin instead of a motor for explosion type environments ).

any info ( even if it is 'WTF do you need that for ?' ) would be appreciated.

Steve

Steve

Offline sscully

• Café Member
Re: Options for Tornador Vacuum Adapter Z-017
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 03:28:55 PM »
I have been running the google phrases on this one, without much luck.
- Do you have any idea how many mobile detailers list compressed air on their web site ?  LOTS !
- Guess marketing is not their strong suit.  Case of do you want to know how the sausage is made, or just that it is good ?  The old feature / benefit difference.

I went ahead and jumped in with both feet on this. 
Figure someone has to be 1st to give it a review, else how do we learn. 

Some might have the 'WTF do you need that for ?' thought about it. 
Figured I would see if it helps the shop vacuum with getting out dirt in the carpet.
My shop vacuum could be a bit better, it is 94" or 104" of water lift spec, but the vacuum options get the inches of water lift increases a bit, but seem to drop off in the CFM area.  I don't have the airwatts spec for my vacuum, can't find it online, and it is a disco'd unit from the late 90s.

While I was there, I ordered one of the Z-020 cleaners.  They seem to get great reviews, and I figure the Z-020 with some diluted APC will make interior cleaning ( and other things ) quicker.

In case you try to figure out how to convert the L/min spec on them to CFM, I got the numbers from Chris at Tornador Clean LLC on them both.

Z-020
At 90 psi it will consume in one full minute of operation 8.5 cfm
At 75 psi it will consume in one full minute of operation 5.8 cfm
In his measuring during a real operation (cleaning a car) it is around 5.5 cfm at 90 psi and 4.5 at 75 psi ( this is trigger on / off type operation you don't mash the trigger down for 5 min at a time with this ).

- These are the 100% duty cycle numbers, not the running it 25% of the time divided by 4 numbers some other manufactures might post.

Z-017
~ 4 cfm at 90 psi
- This is a 100% duty cycle item, you turn it on and vacuum a section, so it is running the whole time.

So once I get it I will post up what it is like to use it.  i am going to wait on cleaning the truck and the back foyer rug in the house until I get it to see what is what.  I'll see if I can hook up the Dust Deputy inline with it, to capture the dirt.
Steve

Offline gipraw

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 03:34:37 PM »
I will be interested to see your results, for sure.

================

Doug

Offline Obsessive Detail

• Detailing Supply Retailer
    • Obsessive Detail
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 06:26:11 PM »
I'm interested in your results as well......

* Recent Photos

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal