April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0  (Read 7634 times)

Offline Kaleb G

• Café Member
Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0
« on: March 25, 2011, 10:15:36 AM »
Quote from: Nick@Autogeek;439778
[/URL]

No, you're not seeing things! 

For those of you that are familiar with the original Opti-Coat, you are well aware that its durability is second to none, but it was for professional use only and not available to the general public.    Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 was modified slightly from the original professional formula, (The pro version is still available under the Opti-Guard name.) Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 cures more slowly, which gives you more time to apply the coating correctly.  It's like adding an additional layer of clear coat to your vehicle.

When used on a properly prepped finish, Opti-Coat 2.0 will look clear, clean, and smooth.  Opti-Coat 2.0 will not wash off and regular washing is the only step needed to maintain the shine.

Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 Permanent Paint Coating

What do you guys think?

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
Re: Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 11:39:57 AM »
I think the original has held up fantastic on the two sets of wheels I put it on.  I think it kind of takes the fun out of working on my own car though so I haven't put it on the paint.  You just better have the paint exactly how you want it before you apply this.
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Kaleb G

• Café Member
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 03:02:25 PM »
I probably wouldn't use it on my paint, but wheels and trim would be so much easier with this.

Girlfriends car will definitely get a good coat once she gets a new one.

Offline Old Dogg™

• Café Member
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 09:34:06 PM »
Im an Optimum fan and somehow I missed this product.
ESF, what did it cost and where did you get it?

Found some interesting reading....

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/zen-automotive-suppliers-zas/7259-optimum-opti-coat.html

And this...

http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/last-step-process-protection/13718-optimum-opti-coating-durability-test-review.htm

« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 09:45:07 PM by Old Dogg? »
You can make money or you can make excuses but you can't do both.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 10:50:38 PM »
Justin was selling it.  Maybe still is unless they're only allowing him to sell the 2.0 to consumers now.  There was a whole thing about signing a waiver and I think he made a post here about offering it too.  I think it was $100 but I don't remember.  I bought it primarily to try out on my wheels because when I had the Expedition the wheels were raw polished aluminum and I wanted to see how they held up.  And then I traded it before winter came and I didn't get a chance to see how well it did over the winter but it held up well otherwise.  Apparently version 1 is called Opti-Guard now though according Kalebs original post. 
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Kaleb G

• Café Member
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 11:03:21 PM »
They just released it Friday, I think.  Opti-coat is now opti-guard and is still accessible as it was before the release of 2.0.  I was told the only difference between the two is that 2.0 has a longer work time so you can correct the 'high spots'.  Putting an order in for some next Friday or the Friday after.

Offline Jhrod

• Café Member
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, 05:40:41 AM »
has anyone used this or cquartz on paint with good results yet?  I'm a little skeptical about it lasting for a  year but it would be nice if the trim stayed top notch for a season.  Especially for winter when for me i ususally only get to the power wash.
01 Mustang Bullitt 0684
90 Mustang GT
07 Dodge Ram Hemi QC
02 Jeep GC Limited

Offline Obsessive Detail

• Detailing Supply Retailer
    • Obsessive Detail
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2011, 09:03:27 AM »
I do carry the Opti Coat 2.0 if anyone is interested.

I know of a lot of people on another detail forum that prefer the Opti Coat over the Cquartz.

* Recent Photos

r

Views: 20
By: Rollingrock

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal