April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: Bissel question  (Read 6787 times)

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
Bissel question
« on: October 19, 2010, 08:22:02 PM »
Intersted in picking one of these up in the near future

Is the ProHeat something I need?  Noticed that Walmart sells for as little as 77 bucks.

ProHeat seems to be 99.00

What do you guys think?

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
Re: Bissel question
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 10:58:45 PM »
I don't really have anything to compare mine to other than a rental rug-doctor. But the heat seemed to help break up the gum I had to get outta the carpet in the car and overall cleaned "deeper" than the rug doctor pulling out stuff that the rental left behind.

I say go for the Pro heat, it's still only a $100.
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Old Dogg™

• Café Member
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 11:17:36 PM »
Center Stage Detailing gave me some encouraging knowledge on his use of the Green Machine ProHeat but I also read so many negative reviews I didnt pull the trigger yet.
http://www.amazon.com/Bissell-Little-ProHeat-Cleaner-1425B/product-reviews/B000069K6U/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1
You can make money or you can make excuses but you can't do both.

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 05:46:44 AM »
I have the regular (no heat) LGM and to tell you the truth, I'm not impressed. (BTW, who needs heat when you can just add hot water to the tank?) Other than putting everything you need in one tidy package, the machine itself isn't very powerful, doesn't hold much, and the spray pattern is too wide. I generally use mine now to apply the detergent and do some removal, but then whip out the shop vac to really suck the carpet dry.

My recommendation would be to buy the no heat LGM at Ollie's for $29.99, then use it like I do instead of wasting an extra $70.00.

Offline Center Stage Auto Detailing

• Charter Member
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 10:42:16 AM »
I totally agree.  The tank is too small and it doesn't suck very well.  But compare a $99 LGM to a $650 Durrmaid.  Sure the Durrmaid is a LOT better machine.  But if I can by 6-7 LGM for the same money....and they last me say 4 years per machine....  That means I'll be retirement age before I match the price of a single Durrmaid.

If I need it to dry quickly, I just follow it with my shop vac.  Which is getting replaced this weekend.

I used mine on three cars last weekend.  For durability argument, mine is now 5 years old.  :cheers:  It has been through many many cars and potty training two puppys.
Another example is I've gone through 4 craftsman shop vacs in the same amount of time.  Not buying another craftsmen this weekend.

My personal thought is that people aren't shop vac'ing before they use the LGM.  It's not made to pull up big stuff.  Just dirt and stains.  Every failure of an LGM I've seen with my own eyes has been because of this.  I do baby it.  I always shop vac before using it, I rinse it after every use, store it indoors, etc...

I have the heat, but to be honest it doesn't do much more than just keep hot water hot.  Not worth the extra imho.

• Charter Member
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 10:43:00 AM »
Where the heck did you find one for $30!?  I"m buying a spare!

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2010, 01:41:01 PM »
Where the heck did you find one for $30!?  I"m buying a spare!

Ollie's Bargain Outlet (around here at least) has had them for that.

• Charter Member
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2010, 02:45:39 PM »
Figgures.   :cry:
never heard of them.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2010, 03:26:12 PM »
too bad that Ollie's Bargain Outlet doesn't list what they have...you want to buy and ship one for me?   :redneck:

JP

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2010, 03:42:47 PM »
I have the regular (no heat) LGM and to tell you the truth, I'm not impressed. (BTW, who needs heat when you can just add hot water to the tank?) Other than putting everything you need in one tidy package, the machine itself isn't very powerful, doesn't hold much, and the spray pattern is too wide. I generally use mine now to apply the detergent and do some removal, but then whip out the shop vac to really suck the carpet dry.

My recommendation would be to buy the no heat LGM at Ollie's for $29.99, then use it like I do instead of wasting an extra $70.00.

I to have noticed the lack of suction and the spray pattern is way to wide on the brush attachment. What I have done for the suction is to put a piece of duct tape over the little push button to change attachments. I also replaced the o-rings with some from a universal set I have and I drilled a hole in the little flap that holds the tank down and have a mini bungee cord pulling it in place. All this seemed to improve suction.

As for the spray pattern issue, I took my hot glue gun, built up the sides of the spray outlet and cut them down until I achieved the spray width I wanted.

I have only used my LGM on 4 cars, but I usually set it up before I go out, so the waters cold by the time I use it. So I like the built in heater for my needs. I always use the shop vac first before using the LGM.

Overall, it's a pretty cheap, portable device that seems to clean pretty well.
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline the detailer

• Café Member
    • Autoshinedetail
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2010, 09:16:48 PM »
I have 5 pro heat machines, i bought the first one a couple of years ago in Wal-Mart for around $120, since then i aquired another 4 from craigslist for around $30.00 a piece, mostly they have been like new with the spare nozzles and some chemical.

They work just fine but they have limited suction and the nozzles dont last very long, also avoid the big nozzle with the whirly brush as it is completley useless.

For the bread and butter work they are just fine.

• Charter Member
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2010, 09:24:37 AM »
also avoid the big nozzle with the whirly brush as it is completley useless.

Totally agree there.  Although I found a use for mine.  good ol' red neck me.  :redneck:

If you hook that sucker to a good shopvac it will do some serious damage on getting stuck on dog hair out of dry carpets and seats.  Believe it or not.

Offline the detailer

• Café Member
    • Autoshinedetail
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2010, 12:44:07 PM »
Thats a great idea, i will be trying that later to.day

thanks..

* Recent Photos

IMG_3238.JPG

Views: 1
By: Rollingrock

* Recent Topics