* Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 [29] 30

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: 2004 Red F-150 SCAB  (Read 4562 times)

Offline Rockpick

• Administrator
  • The Final Detail - Henderson, KY
2004 Red F-150 SCAB
« on: July 13, 2008, 11:03:37 PM »
Like most serious detailers, repeat business is not only appreciated, it's a necessity to continue to keep the business moving.  When you send a client out with a vehicle that exceeds their expectations, you can not only expect to see them again, you can expect for them to talk about the work that you did and give you referrals... this is the case with this truck...

Unfortunately, I don't have any before pictures to share with the group on this one because of my start time and the lack of light... I did, however, take a few 'final' shots immediately before the owner took delivery of the vehicle.

This particular client is a return customer... I saw this truck about a year ago under similar instances.  The truck sits outside or in a parking lot, has the typical parking lot dings and chips, and had a healthy dose of pine sap ALL over the truck.  The sap had etched into the paint in many spots...

Here are some pics of the finished product...

Again, sorry about the lack of pics -- I know that's a requirement to show off - but, this one was unavoidable.

It turned out pretty darn good... the light 'smear' look in the sun shot is just that - smear.  Naturally, that was corrected prior to the owner taking delivery but, it certainly shows a lack of swirls -- direct sun shots are savage when it comes to showing paint defects...

I utilized the rotary for nearly all of this detail as it really saved me some time... I started with #86 on a Meg's Light Cut Yellow Wool pad to quickly cut through some of the light pine sap etching (of course, this was after claying and washing and such).  Meg's #80 was utilized in a spot or two to correct some of the cutting marks left behind by the wool pad in areas where I had to be a bit more aggressive to remove the paint defects that were there.

Once polished out, #21 2.0 was utilized followed by #16 by hand.  #16 was chosen here as it was a VERY humid day and I was having trouble getting products to set up on the paint.

Final wipe down was done with Four Star Ultimate Gloss Enhancer (which works exceedingly well with #16)... The owner was VERY pleased... so pleased, in fact, that I'm working on his son's 2004 Accord next weekend (since the 2002 Red BMW 3-series cancelled AGAIN!!!) with their Silver Pacifica before the end of the summer. 

-RP-
Now With Scrubbing Bubbles...

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
Re: 2004 Red F-150 SCAB
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 11:18:13 PM »
is it possible to run out of adjectives?

I'll say this.   "The color is subtlety demur yet the flavor is playfully articulate"

What can we say Rock, its looks amazing.

I do have one little question...what do you mean by smear? Like product residue smear?

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline 05_sprcrw

• Café Member
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 07:27:13 AM »
Truck looks great RP! Very very nicely done!  :NW:
........Dude....... Teach me!

Offline Rockpick

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 08:29:03 AM »

I do have one little question...what do you mean by smear? Like product residue smear?

Yeah... residue smear.  Actually, it was the FK1 #425 on top of the #16.  They don't play real well together and I wasn't thinking and misted the hood and wiped it down. 

After I saw the smear, I went to PB's Spray and Wipe and then finished with Four Star UGE.  *shrugs* 

Offline Rockpick

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 08:29:56 AM »
Thanks for the kudos...

Offline hwm3

• Café Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 02:03:33 PM »