April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: Carpet deodorizer's - need a new one - what's out there?  (Read 4493 times)

Offline leedriver

• Café Member
  • Detailing Enthusiast
Carpet deodorizer's - need a new one - what's out there?
« on: September 29, 2009, 10:43:37 PM »
Does anyone use anything on their carpets after a good vacuuming? I usually like to hit mine with Febreeze afterwards, not so much for getting rid of odors but just to give it a clean scent. The problem is I'm not pumped about the smell of febreeze auto, and it's kind of pricey for no longer than a bottle lasts...

What else is out there?
LD

Offline Center Stage Auto Detailing

• Charter Member
Re: Carpet deodorizer's - need a new one - what's out there?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 06:37:28 AM »
I don't spray anything on there regularly.  However I love the way the vehicles smell after I've shampooed them with apc+.  Doesn't last too long though.

Offline Robby32

• Café Member
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 08:04:01 AM »
Meguiar's has "Oder Eliminator" (M2301 1 gal.) lists for $30.50 for a gal. Similar to Fabreeze. Does a good job has a similar smell to Fabreeze.  :whisp:

Offline Rockpick

• Administrator
  • The Final Detail - Henderson, KY
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 08:16:41 AM »
Meguiar's has "Oder Eliminator" (M2301 1 gal.) lists for $30.50 for a gal. Similar to Fabreeze. Does a good job has a similar smell to Fabreeze.  :whisp:

M-23 isn't a bad option.  I've used it several times to deodorize a vehicle or three.  The scent is very light - almost not there.  The product does work as advertised on most odors, in my experience.
Now With Scrubbing Bubbles...

Offline 05supercrew

• Café Member
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 08:20:03 AM »
During the winter time I will through a dryer sheet under the seat and it last a good time.

Offline DLR Detailing

• Café Member
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 07:54:13 PM »
Between clean-ups on my personal stuff, I soak a cotton ball with my scent of choice (leather) and place it under the seat.  I don't usually like to spray anything.  Seems to make the scent too overpowering, IMO.

Have you tried ZEP smoke and odor eliminator?  I use it in the vents and blower box on smokers' vehicles.  Leaves a fresh /clean - slight lemon scent - behind.  Microban is a good deodorant and disinfectant.  Kind of a peppermint smell to it. 

"Do not hire a man who does your work for money, but him who does it for love of it." Henry David Thoreau

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2009, 08:17:05 PM »
Steve (Poorboy) was selling some bottles of deodorizer he had in stock for whatever reason.  I really like the leather scent.  Usually lasts a few weeks (atleast I notice it for a few weeks, others probably notice it longer.)  I'm going to try PBs NLD though because I love the way that smells. 
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline leedriver

• Café Member
  • Detailing Enthusiast
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2009, 08:55:37 PM »
I may end up trying some M23 I'd say... something similar to Febreeze is kind of what I'm after. I guess I could also go back to air fresheners as well.... Thanks guys
LD

Offline Rockpick

• Administrator
  • The Final Detail - Henderson, KY
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2009, 08:05:55 AM »
Between clean-ups on my personal stuff, I soak a cotton ball with my scent of choice (leather) and place it under the seat.  I don't usually like to spray anything.  Seems to make the scent too overpowering, IMO.

That's a great idea... similar to the wafer disc to pitch under a seat but, much more user friendly (and definitely cheaper).
Now With Scrubbing Bubbles...

* Recent Photos

t

Views: 1
By: Rollingrock

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal